Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Denise's GCS Thread

Started by Denise, December 06, 2018, 06:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denise

I only need it for three weeks.  Then I'm down to morning and night dilation in the privacy of my own home.

I wish it had a sink to wash up in, but I use baby wipes.  There are no single use restrooms, that I know of so I wipe everything down and wash it when I get home.

As for "nice employer" I work for a large financial institution in Chicago.  They needed to find a place for medical accommodations laws. 

The interesting thing is I'm the first person to transition on the job here in +10 years.  So all this is new to HR and they did a great job.  I give thanks to Sandy who laid the trail and did it well!

I do bring a towel and underpads to put under me and another towel on top just Incase maintenance comes in by mistake.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Denise on January 25, 2019, 08:49:10 AM

another towel on top just Incase maintenance comes in by mistake.

You want to deprive them of a free of charge show?  That is not very nice of you!  Can't you lock the door? Maybe maintenance could install a privacy door knob ?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Donica

I guessing maintenance has their own keys so it could be a nasty surprise. I gave my apartment manager permission to enter my apartment if I wasn't home and they needed to do some maintenance. I had my headphones on and didn't hear the doorbell. I was only wearing a skimpy cami minidress :o Needless to say, it was a surprise!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Denise

There is an occupied/vacant sign and the door locks.  But if someone is not paying attention... Maybe I should allow the free show.

It's still weird getting naked in a supply closet.  It seems nefarious.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Denise

Today marks 50 days.

Nothing really to report but peeing is, at times, more of a stream than a spray.  The other thing that I've not figured out yet is how you "push" urine harder. I can stop it but trying to get the last bit out is challenging.

I still have some pains across the top of the genital area where the internal work was done for the orchi portion of the surgery.

Dilation has just become a habit.  It still takes a few hours of my day but only one more week of three-a-days.  I think I could have gone to twice-a-day this week, but better safe than sorry.

I'm glad I had the surgery as I smile when looking in the mirror and my confidence is returning in groups of ladies.

Now if I could only finish electrolysis.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Denise

8 weeks post-op update.

I'm hoping I'm not the only one with this annoyance.  When I pee the stream, when there is one and not a spray, it shoots so far forward it misses the bowl.

Leaning forward doesn't help and has the side effect of spreading on my shirt.

I have a follow up appointments on the 18th and I'll ask about this but I thought someone here might have had a similar experience.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Denise on February 08, 2019, 01:29:01 PM
8 weeks post-op update.

I'm hoping I'm not the only one with this annoyance.  When I pee the stream, when there is one and not a spray, it shoots so far forward it misses the bowl.

I have a follow up appointments on the 18th and I'll ask about this but I thought someone here might have had a similar experience.

@Denise
Dear Denise:
Wow...  8 weeks already... time sure flies when you are having fun!!!  ;)

Regarding your issues with streams of pee versus an unwieldy spray that goes everywhere that you don't want it to go...  I know that it will be of no comfort to you, but you are not the first post op MTF transitioner to have this issue... gosh, waiting 10 days to talk to your doctor about it seems like a very long time, have you tried getting an earlier appointment?  ... or have you communicated with the doctor's nurses about this issue?   
I trust and hope for you that this problem can be taken care of quickly for your own comfort and for less washing of your shirts and cleaning around the toilet bowl...    I feel your pain !!!!

Perhaps there might be others here that will chime in and post their comments with their similar experiences and solutions that came from their doctors....

I hope that you are staying warm and dry with all the bad weather that you are experiencing. 
Where I live we are having our continuing cold, icy, snowy weather... lots of snow today, later this afternoon there will be very heavy snowfall...   lots of fun.   I actually enjoy it all.  As long as one is prepared with proper clothing, and proper maintenance of vehicles and homes, it is not a problem....   always a full tank of gas in my vehicle, extra full gas cans at home, and a full propane tank at home.

Thank you for your 8 week update.
As always I am eagerly following your thread as you feel free to post, and your other posts on other areas of the Forums.   Of course you can always continue exchanging enjoyable PM's with me at any time.

HUGS and more HUGS,... and wishing you well with your follow up appointment with your doctor.
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Dena

I had the issue but putting my chest on my knees would keep everything in the bowl. After a few months the swelling went down enough that my aim corrected it's self and while I still leaned forward, it's not very much of a lean. The swelling can take a long time to go away and it's a problem you don't really expect going into the surgery.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Denise

Update.

I spoke with the PA tonight.  They think it's caused by swelling of the vaginal area.  I tend to agree.

I think I'll be less aggressive and stick to the smaller dilators for the weekend and see what happens.

I'm not concerned about waiting a week. Besides I'm on a tight deadline on a project.  It's going to be a long week.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Denise on February 08, 2019, 10:40:40 PM
Update.

I spoke with the PA tonight.  They think it's caused by swelling of the vaginal area.  I tend to agree.

I think I'll be less aggressive and stick to the smaller dilators for the weekend and see what happens.

I'm not concerned about waiting a week. Besides I'm on a tight deadline on a project.  It's going to be a long week.

@Denise
Dear Denise:
Thanks very much for you update... I am so very glad that you were able to speak with the PA tonight.  I am glad that you have eased your mind now and that will patiently work through this as you continue to heal.

Good luck on our tight deadline project.....  you go girl!!!!

I am always wishing you the best and am happy that you have come so very far in your transition journey. 

I fondly recall some of our message exchanges early last year when you were pondering your future and how you were going to continue with your transition.....
....and I am so happy for you that you have made amazing progress.

Thank you for feeling so free to share your story and for keeping us updated...
....I always eagerly look for your posts whenever I login to the Forums.

Hugs and more hugs,
Danielle

•  

Dorit

Hi Denis, its Dorit one day behind you!   I just the other day asked another trans woman how long it took her to learn to pee.   While I do not spray and have a stream directed down, I usually wet myself and the inside of my legs. ;D   It seems that this just comes with the surgery, and the months of swelling.   
  •  

Denise

Quote from: Dorit on February 09, 2019, 02:25:51 AM
Hi Denis, its Dorit one day behind you!   I just the other day asked another trans woman how long it took her to learn to pee.   While I do not spray and have a stream directed down, I usually wet myself and the inside of my legs. ;D   It seems that this just comes with the surgery, and the months of swelling.
Yeah, peeing is messy.  For that, I miss my built-in pointing device. Not only that but my toilet paper use has tripled!

@dorit I hope you're doing well.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Rachel

I had to lean forward and put my head on my arms which were on my knees. The pee stream would go down but a little forward. After my revision surgery I could just sit straight up and pee straight down. However, most of the time I put my head on my arms and arms on my knees because I like the down time when I am peeing.

Swelling when it goes down will allow you to see how the pee stream will naturally flow. After a few months you may like the down time when you pee and put your head on your arms and arms across your knees.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Denise on February 08, 2019, 01:29:01 PM
8 weeks post-op update.

Hi Denise

No you are not alone with this one...the explanation I was given is the age old...swelling give it time , it could take months

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Denise

Nine week update

Pre op I could fluctuate my weight a couple of pounds either way in a day or two.  Not so any more.  I want to lose a few pounds but it's not coming off.

Dr appt on Monday.  I think I'll ask about getting on a bike.  My guess is he'll discourage it.

On Monday this week I did a little ice skating at one of the parks here in Chicago.  The shiney thing behind me is the "Bean" (search for it.  It's also called Cloud Gate)

Healing is coming along.  The scars are mostly soft.  I'm working on the ones around the clitoris.  They need a little TLC.  Feeling is coming back slowly.  I suspect it will be months before I'm sensitive in a good way down there.

I've realized that most everything in my life takes longer.  I have to plan trips to the bathroom.  There's a lot of nooks and crannies to pat dry.

Oh, the spraying forward has gone way down.  Something must have been swollen.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

josie76

Hi Denise.
I have seen some threads about the pee problem before. Seems that it is common with certain doctors and less so with others. I read a thread somewhere where many ladies had to go to get revisions 6 months later to correct it. This is something I have been asking about while looking into surgeons. It seems as much surgical technique related as much as I have been reading about long versus short recovery times for type 3 forehead FFS work is. Some doctors you can be up and about in a few days, other doctors you are bruised for weeks.

Now I think I need to ask for more experiences from the GCS surgeon I'm seriously looking at going to.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Denise
Dear Denise:
I am so glad to read that you are getting along well in your post-op stage.
I hear you about our body weights.... this winter season makes it difficult to lose any significant weight for me because of all the social activities this time of year, and most of them include FOOD ... lots of FOOD and candies, cakes, cookies, etc.   Of course I am my own worst enemy because I like to bake and cook all the time!!!

Your Doctor will probably advise you not to do things that require a lot of movement and strenuous exercise below your waist....   I would be surprised if he would approve of you ice skating, a good hard fall could cause you problems I would think.   It will be interesting to find out what he says to you.

It is good that you are starting to minimize the "spraying" issues that you have been experiencing... as you continue to heal I am hoping that things get much better.   We should all have sympathy for why the women's restrooms have such long lines.  ;) ;)

I have been to Chicago many times.   My best memories are at Millennium Park where the Bean is located, and also a small amphitheater there where I attended a music festival and of course all the other things that go on in the Spring and Summer months....  never went there in the Winter to go Ice Skating.   Then of course all the things that Chicago is famous for like Chicago Dogs,  Chicago Pizza,  Garrett's Popcorn, Portillo's great food, etc.   

I trust that you are keeping warm and dry with the bitter cold and stormy winter that is going on there in Chicago.

Thank you for keeping your followers up to date with your life endeavors and your healing.   We are your biggest fans and we are always rooting for you.

Hugs and best wishes.... and Happy Valentine's Day
Danielle

Quote from: Denise on February 14, 2019, 06:54:24 AM
Nine week update

Pre op I could fluctuate my weight a couple of pounds either way in a day or two.  Not so any more.  I want to lose a few pounds but it's not coming off.

Dr appt on Monday.  I think I'll ask about getting on a bike.  My guess is he'll discourage it.

On Monday this week I did a little ice skating at one of the parks here in Chicago.  The shiney thing behind me is the "Bean" (search for it.  It's also called Cloud Gate)

Healing is coming along.  The scars are mostly soft.  I'm working on the ones around the clitoris.  They need a little TLC.  Feeling is coming back slowly.  I suspect it will be months before I'm sensitive in a good way down there.

I've realized that most everything in my life takes longer.  I have to plan trips to the bathroom.  There's a lot of nooks and crannies to pat dry.

Oh, the spraying forward has gone way down.  Something must have been swollen.

•  

Donica

Your looking great Denise! I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well and that you no longer need that built in pointing device.

Hugs!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Denise

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on February 14, 2019, 10:09:03 AM
@Denise
Dear Denise:
... I would be surprised if he would approve of you ice skating, a good hard fall could cause you problems I would think. ...

Then of course all the things that Chicago is famous for like Chicago Dogs,  Chicago Pizza,  Garrett's Popcorn, Portillo's great food, etc.   

I have a better chance of falling while walking than skating.  I was one of my son's ice hockey coach for 11 years.  I've been doing since I was able to walk.  My surgeon's PA thought I was crazy.  I sent them that picture saying I hope I didn't void any warrantees.

Chicago had lots of good food, but pizza?  Gimme New York style any day.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Denise

Almost a full 10 weeks post...

I had an appointment with my normal doctor this morning and my surgeon two hours later.

The GP gave me a full exam, specula included.  He said all looks good.

My surgeon said the same thing. I'm cleared for everything (!) Except anal sex and thought I should hold off a month before biking.  It's snowing and it's very chilly so I don't really expect to have a desire to get out and ride.

Basically all is good.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •