Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Denise's GCS Thread

Started by Denise, December 06, 2018, 06:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denise

Quote from: Rachel on April 26, 2019, 07:47:30 PM
Awesome news Denise. There is a lot of new equipment to learn about :) .
I was wondering about the skin pliability. What does the physical therapist do to keep or make the skin soft?

I'm VERY flexible so lay with the bottoms of my feet together and heels up to my crotch and she does a soft massage.  It includes lightly stretching the skin in all directions, pinching the skin together (like grandma does to your cheeks :) ) and also some bigger motions of pushing the area above the surgery down and pulling up. 

Now I do it before/during/after dilation and it's really helped with the whole area feeling less tight.
1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Denise

5 months and 2 weeks post op

Things are still a little (lot) numb with is very frustrating for me ;)

After a long arduous bike ride there is a little swelling but I assume cis-women experience some of the same.

I'm very happy with the way it's all turned out and my girlfriend says it's "normal looking".  She hopes the numbness goes away soon too. ;)

Denise

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

LizK

Hi Denise

Thanks for the update. I am always keen to hear how you are going because of the similar timelines. I understand you frustration with the numb sensation but 5 months is still "early days" or so my surgeon told me when I was talking about the same a couple of weeks ago.

Great to hear the cosmetics of your surgery are so good. Always nice to know everything looks good.

I am still getting those "flashes or pain" and I use the term pain loosely as they are not always a pain but maybe a weird kinds of sensations? I was told that is a good sign because it indicates nerves are still connecting. Anyway I hopefully given some more time you will get improvements in sensation.

Congratulations on your progress so far.

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Denise

Quote from: LizK on May 26, 2019, 05:16:17 PM
Hi Denise

Thanks for the update. I am always keen to hear how you are going because of the similar timelines. I understand you frustration with the numb sensation but 5 months is still "early days" or so my surgeon told me when I was talking about the same a couple of weeks ago.

Great to hear the cosmetics of your surgery are so good. Always nice to know everything looks good.

I am still getting those "flashes or pain" and I use the term pain loosely as they are not always a pain but maybe a weird kinds of sensations? I was told that is a good sign because it indicates nerves are still connecting. Anyway I hopefully given some more time you will get improvements in sensation.

Congratulations on your progress so far.

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Liz.  I agree with the flashes of "pain". It's more like mosquito bite or maybe a bee sting. 

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •