Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

cake or cooking your cake and sometimes eating it.

Started by davina61, June 16, 2018, 01:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

They look good, shame they will have all gone by the time I get there. Feel a bake coming on
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on September 27, 2018, 01:29:34 PM
@davina61
Dear Davina:  Thank you for starting this thread.   I do quite a bit of baking of not only cakes and cookies but also I bake various pastries as well.
I was not quite sure where to post this but after looking around I decided that your thread is the correct place.

This week I baked some Cream Puffs and once they cooled down after taking them from the oven, I filled them with Pastry Cream.    I will be bringing them to my Book Club meeting.... there are only about 6 to 9 attendees that will be there on any given meeting, so I have plenty extras to share with all of my friends and suitors.... and also for my clients that come to my office (I consider it to be Client Relations)....   ;)

Again Davina, thank you for starting this thread.... I love to see what others bake....    :)
Hugs,
Danielle

Those look great Danielle, I'm sure they'll go down well at book club. [emoji39]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Megan. on September 27, 2018, 02:44:06 PM

Those look great Danielle, I'm sure they'll go down well at book club. [emoji39]

@Megan.
Dear Megan:   The Bookclub meeting is tonight but I brought some extras with me to my office today and I have had a steady stream of friends from the next door coffee shop coming in to sample them....  even the owner of the coffee shop and my barista suitor #5 came to get their share and to let me know that they liked them...

...I guess that the Cream Puffs are a hit.   
Anyway who doesn't like cream puffs???

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

davina61

Made a date and walnut cake , no pic just imagine a brown oblong !!!! mixture looked a bit wet to me compared to previous mixes but its the best one so far.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

ChrissyRyan

I like carrot cake and many cakes served at weddings!

I have had a long time fondness of well made and COLD eclairs too.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Lunarite

I just moved house, and thought that it'd be really nice to have a fresh-baked cake ready to thanks my helpers (OK, they did all the heavy lifting!) and make the house smell nice.
Unsurprisingly, this was over-optimistic and I was carting stuff around until the moment they arrived. Still, I made a double chocolate loaf that evening, and have been working my way through it by myself for the last two days! Moving's tough, I deserve it, right?
They know nothing of this, and have requested a baked cheesecake in recompense for the help, which will be gladly provided. I keep getting compliments on it, which is nice, but all I do is follow a recipe, which I don't hide:
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2869/new-york-cheesecake
Cannot recommend that recipe highly enough.
  •  

Donica

I have yet to bake a cake. I'm so worried about my diet. I've had a can of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in my freezer for over a month. I think I better bake them today, if they're still good?
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Donica on October 14, 2018, 10:52:11 AM
I have yet to bake a cake. I'm so worried about my diet. I've had a can of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in my freezer for over a month. I think I better bake them today, if they're still good?

Check the date on the package.  If after opening you find the dough to be dark or smelling bad, do not use it.  Otherwise, bake and do not forget the yummy icing!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Donica

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 14, 2018, 11:35:48 AM

Check the date on the package.  If after opening you find the dough to be dark or smelling bad, do not use it.  Otherwise, bake and do not forget the yummy icing!

Chrissy

The can said best by April 2018. I guess I had them in the freezer a little longer than I thought. I keep my freezer pretty cold. They looked and smelled fine and they came out great. I already had one and I'm not feeling funny yet :icon_inyourface:.

I found a few recipes online for the super sticky gooey Cinnabons. I'm sure everyone has had one of those big handfuls of pure delight? I think I'll try my luck.

Tonight's dessert is ready!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

davina61

GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

ChrissyRyan

The key is in the taste but your cinnamon buns look good.  I am on a low carb diet so I have not enjoyed treats like this, or even any breads or pizzas for awhile.

It is amazing how long many foods often taste good and are safe to eat past the date on the product.  The dates can differ though, such as a BUY by this date, an eat or freeze by this date, an expiration date, a Best by this date, etc.

Freezing can extend the useful life of foods.

Eggs, properly refrigerated, seem to keep much longer than the date on the carton.

Chrissy
  •  

lostinlonging

I wish I was knowing to cook and not to eat bad foods  :'(
  •  

davina61

GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Megan.

Just created this for the birthday of a friends daughter. White chocolate was the only specification.

•  

davina61

GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Megan.

Quote from: davina61 on February 01, 2019, 02:44:21 PM
Looks great (if slightly phallic!!!)
Wow, I thought I had a dirty mind, but I'd not even thought of it like that,  lol.

•  

davina61

cake I made for Abby last week when she left work, choc chip coated in choc with choc chip decoration. guitar and play list made today for Andy that does open mic as its his birthday today
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Lunarite

I had a truly rotten cold for a couple of weeks, so decided I deserved cake.
First week, date and banana bread, mostly based on this.
Second week, spiced pumpkin loaf, largely based on this.
As they were made only for me, they were not made to look impressive*, so no pictures, but I felt some nice recipes deserved sharing!

Also, I felt it worth notifying everyone that if a cake is made in a loaf tin, it is totally fine to eat all by yourself** and not feel bad about it. That's just a rule***.

* I have no skill at decorating even when I do try. I envy the ability demonstrated in this thread!

** I mean, I took several days.

*** Not a roulade.
  •