Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Has anyone flat out told you that you are weird for being mtf?

Started by ChrissyRyan, December 08, 2018, 09:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudiBlueEyes

Quote from: Dietlind on December 09, 2018, 09:12:25 PM
...The one negative reaction from a female friend was, was as if she feels I got a real bad illness, and just need the right medication to become again the manly man she knows!

Now, that is weird!

You probably never got the chance to tell her you're on the "right medication"!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on December 09, 2018, 09:32:54 PM
Now, that is weird!

You probably never got the chance to tell her you're on the "right medication"!
I did, but she did not believe it!  She is very religious, and is now praying for my "healing"!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Sky1090

Quote from: Dietlind on December 09, 2018, 09:39:49 PM
She is very religious, and is now praying for my "healing"!

Im waiting for particular members of my family to pull this with me. The only healing I need is people like that to be more accepting of us. So, pray away! Maybe with enough prayers they'll be enlightened to see the error of their thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

KimOct

No I haven't - at least I think not.  Recently I was briskly walking past a guy who said - "what is wrong with you?"

He didn't seem to be speaking to anyone in particular and I thought it was a 50/50 chance he was talking to me.

I would have to show a picture of his position and the circumstance and the other people in the area for it to really make sense so I will it leave at my 50/50 guesstimate.

Anyway - I briefly slowed down and then decided it wasn't worth going back to confront him because I was not certain.

If ANYBODY in my personal life said that I was weird for being trans we would be done - no exceptions.  Friends - family - doesn't matter.  I love them for who they are and I expect the same in return.

If someone in public or an acquaintance ever does there will be a problem.

I get misgendered often but the vast majority of the time it seems to be from people that don't know better and not being intentionally cruel.
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

IAmM

I had been called so many names but I don't remember weird being one of them. Probably the most common thing from my family was,"I don't agree with you, you are going to hell, but I still love you and am here for you." My favorite response from my family was from my older brother,"I would rather have a live sister than a dead brother." Not that he has any idea how to deal with me now but he makes the effort occasionally. He texted me happy birthday and I love you last month, so that is something.

Quote from: Dietlind on December 09, 2018, 09:39:49 PM
She is very religious, and is now praying for my "healing"!

:) Over 35 years ago I was drug to every backwoods church in the Appalachian mountains from New York to Alabama in an effort to heal me of my illness. Not fun, especially when they tried to remove my "demons". Almost a year of that. I would say that the multitude of shrinks was worse, really what some of them did was criminal, as gross as what I had to do for a few shrinks was at least they never made me feel like I was evil. Wonderful times! There are groups of people that I don't like, politicians, shrinks, the Dallas Cowboys, but I despise religion. The wrong done in the name of good and religion is nearly unimaginable. There are so many good religious people but oh do ever hate religion.

No one should be made to feel like they are evil because their gender doesn't match their body. To my mind that is evil and I choose to not be accepting or forgiving of them.
  •  

Bobbie LeAnn

Yes this happened a few days ago while shopping. The guy was lucky he was dealing with the new me because if someone had talked to me like he did two years ago the old me would have beat him to a pulp.
Instead when he said I was a freak I at first wanted to punch his lights out then I asked myself what good would it do? So I told my son to ignore the uneducated fool and we walked away.

Wow have I changed.

Love
Bobbie LeAnn

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Bobbie Ann on December 10, 2018, 05:28:31 AM
Yes this happened a few days ago while shopping. The guy was lucky he was dealing with the new me because if someone had talked to me like he did two years ago the old me would have beat him to a pulp.
Instead when he said I was a freak I at first wanted to punch his lights out then I asked myself what good would it do? So I told my son to ignore the uneducated fool and we walked away.

Wow have I changed.

Love
Bobbie LeAnn
I can relate to that! Prior to 2016 I was much more bloodyminded too. I was always happy to oblige to see who would end up a sorry bastard. Now I tend to see past the petty stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Bobbie Ann on December 10, 2018, 05:28:31 AM

Wow have I changed.

Love
Bobbie LeAnn

Bobble LeAnn,

I am sorry this happened to you.  I think it is good you were able to hold back punching the guy however I can fully understand why you would want to do so.

I wish you having lots of good times!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on December 10, 2018, 06:16:29 AM
I can relate to that! Prior to 2016 I was much more bloodyminded too. I was always happy to oblige to see who would end up a sorry bastard. Now I tend to see past the petty stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Love your new avatar!  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Bobbie LeAnn

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 10, 2018, 07:14:47 AM

Bobble LeAnn,

I am sorry this happened to you.  I think it is good you were able to hold back punching the guy however I can fully understand why you would want to do so.

I wish you having lots of good times!

Chrissy

Thank you Chrissy

It would take a lot more than that guy to get me down. Life is so much more enjoyable now.

Love
Bobbie LeAnn

•  

Linde

Quote from: IAmM on December 10, 2018, 03:41:26 AM
but I despise religion. The wrong done in the name of good and religion is nearly unimaginable. There are so many good religious people but oh do ever hate religion.

You should meet my biggest cheerleader, my most favorite niece!  She happens to be a Methodist pastor, and she uses me as an example to hammer tolerance into her congregation.  After you would have met ehr, you would not despise religion but some of the people who say they do bad tings in the name of religion!
My pastor niece also dislikes those people wit a passion!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Jin

I have been called weird for many reasons, crossing gender boundaries is only one case!
I relish my uniqueness!
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Lyric

Yes, these days I just love looking weird. My whole life I've been thin and androgynous looking and have worn long feminine hairstyles most of my life. When I was younger I was bothered by the occasional negative comments, which resulted in alternately trying to look "normal". During the last "normal" period it occurred to me that the only advantage of looking this way was that people I didn't want to associate with anyway seemed more accepting of me. The advantage of looking "weird" is that you tend to filter out most of the grinches before you even meet them. I live by the saying "those who matter don't mind, and those who do mind don't matter" (sometimes attributed to Dr. Seuss).
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

Jennifer M

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 08, 2018, 09:49:15 AM
Being misgendered or clocked is bad enough but as a mtf when you are told something like, "You should spend time with a psychiatrist or a psychologist because this wanting to be a woman sounds like there could be something that you really need to figure out that is troubling you, because it is not right for someone born as a male to think that he is a woman in the wrong body.  That is really weird."

"Weird" would have been a calm, measured reaction compared to what I got. "You should have been seeing a psychiatrist to help you learn to love the body you have!" And other, worse things that I covered in my transition thread.

•  

Kirsteneklund7

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Lyric on December 10, 2018, 10:28:55 AM
Yes, these days I just love looking weird. My whole life I've been thin and androgynous looking and have worn long feminine hairstyles most of my life. When I was younger I was bothered by the occasional negative comments, which resulted in alternately trying to look "normal". During the last "normal" period it occurred to me that the only advantage of looking this way was that people I didn't want to associate with anyway seemed more accepting of me. The advantage of looking "weird" is that you tend to filter out most of the grinches before you even meet them. I live by the saying "those who matter don't mind, and those who do mind don't matter" (sometimes attributed to Dr. Seuss).

An interesting point is that there is some differences between men and women. Most women tend to be more accepting, but some men, especially aged or religious ones, tend to admonish me at first. They give up once they know my career. Many of my Facebook friends are women. They like to comment on my fashion and kids.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

VickyS

Yes I have.  My wife also has called me a pervert (and worse) quite a few times even though I explained that it's not sexual and I had virtually no sex drive. 

Some folks at work have certainly hinted that I'm weird for being trans, but I let most of it go as I don't want to rock the boat too much.
Came out to self: mid Oct 17                   Last haircut: 3rd Nov 17       
Came out to wife: 17th Jan 18                 Therapy started: 1st Mar 18
Electrolysis started: 10th Apr 18              Referred to GIC: 16th May 18
  •  

big kim

•  

BrianaJ

Oh yes, multiple times in many ways.  Being called "weird" was one of the nicer comments.  I've had the religious ones that just coultn't hold back and had to "share their beliefs" with me.  I've had the knuckle-draggers ask me if I'm sick, crazy, etc. etc.  I've had people call me queer, gay, a fa&&@t, etc. etc. 

I tend to move on if it's mild because I know I'll just be going down to their level of stupidity.  When it's harsh and really offensive, it depends on the situation and danger level.  Most times they'll get a cutting comment back...something down at their level they can understand. 
~~Be kind~~
  •  

KarynMcD

I had one person tell me it's all in my head.
My answer to that is,
"Yeah, that's the problem. I need it outside my head for all to see."
  •