Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hello! Been thinking a lot and I'm kinda worried...

Started by Madeline, November 13, 2018, 04:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madeline

Hello!
I've been away from this site for a while, partially to see if I'd still think I was trans and I'm back so... Yeah!

I've been really worried lately that I might not be mtf after all but that maybe I'm non-binary which might sound odd but I'm really worried the if I am I might be unhappy whether I do or don't transition.

On the other hand, I went to the pool recently and I felt really concious and uncomfortable about being topless (since Im still a boy physically). This has been kinda reassuring in a twisted kinda way that maybe I am a girl?

I've also been thinking about when I'll have to come out in school. I'm not afraid of the students since people teased me for years about being gay but then stopped as soon as I actually came out as bi. (I get that there will be lots of bullying but I'm not too worried about that). I'm more worried that some of my teachers might end up being anti-trans and being horrible. Like I don't know any of them who I think could be but you never know what people are really like.

Anyway thanks for letting me rant! It's good to be back!
Lots of love, Maria
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[They say to live life to its fullest, but are you even living if your not really you?]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  •  

Tessa James

Welcome back Maria,

It seems being transgender does not just go away but is a wide umbrella term with lots of room to simply be yourself.  Your personal identity and definition are what counts.

Schools should be a safe place but we have a long way to go to make that true for everyone.  Hang on!
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Maria Procter on November 13, 2018, 04:41:22 PM
Hello!
I've been away from this site for a while, partially to see if I'd still think I was trans and I'm back so... Yeah!

I've been really worried lately that I might not be mtf after all but that maybe I'm non-binary which might sound odd but I'm really worried the if I am I might be unhappy whether I do or don't transition.

On the other hand, I went to the pool recently and I felt really concious and uncomfortable about being topless (since Im still a boy physically). This has been kinda reassuring in a twisted kinda way that maybe I am a girl?

I've also been thinking about when I'll have to come out in school. I'm not afraid of the students since people teased me for years about being gay but then stopped as soon as I actually came out as bi. (I get that there will be lots of bullying but I'm not too worried about that). I'm more worried that some of my teachers might end up being anti-trans and being horrible. Like I don't know any of them who I think could be but you never know what people are really like.

Anyway thanks for letting me rant! It's good to be back!
Lots of love, Maria

@Maria Procter:
Dear Maria:
I recall giving you my Official Welcome to Susan's Place back on July 02, 2018 this last summer but I am not certain where you stand with your parents regarding your MTF transition plans.

Since you are only 15 years old and still in school, perhaps 10th or 11th grade, you will certainly be exposed to both accepetance and non-acceptance from other students....   BUT, there are rules, regulations, and laws in most areas and cities that require schools to handle transgender students with special considerations.   

I would suggest that well before you come out at school dressed in your female attire with with hair and makeup to match and your female name, that you have a meeting with your school counselor or school principal to go over the details of your concerns with regard to bullying, bathroom use, gym classes, and general rules that everyone there are supposed to follow and what your recourse and procedures may be if you have any difficulties.

It would be very good if your parents were with you at those meetings with the school officials, that way, with parental support, the school will be aware of the seriousness of your coming out plans.   

Here on the Forums is a sub-forum topic Youth Talk.  I see that you have previously posted a few times there in the past but you might want to search some of the threads there to see if you can find more information regarding your situation, certainly there are others in your age group that have gone through or are going through similar coming out experiences at their schools.
Here is the Link:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?board=496.0

Wishing you well and please keep us updated but only as you feel comfortable sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Beverly Anne

Seek out supportive resources and people, and don't begin your journey alone.
Be authentic and live life unafraid!
  •  

Madeline

Hey guys thanks for all the advice! It really means a lot!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[They say to live life to its fullest, but are you even living if your not really you?]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  •  

Tessa James

Hello Madeline,  Great name!

Thanks for checking in, I'm glad you are here.  People your age are some of the brightest points of my volunteer work with our lgbtq community.  You have so much more information available today and the potential to live your truth as you learn to understand yourself.

Im glad you keep trying and don't give up.  Good for you!
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •