Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Have you ever tried hip padding?

Started by ChrissyRyan, May 04, 2024, 12:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Have you ever tried hip padding?

I just do not want to have fake breasts or body parts, so I have resisted "faking" my appearance.  I admit to trying those "chicken cutlets" to "enhance" the appearance of my breasts but after some satisfaction with noticing them, I decided to not actually use them and appreciate what I have naturally.  I will however use some bras that do seem to emphasize the breasts a bit more than others, but I do not consider that to be fakey, as none of the bras have any padding except for a very thin layer perhaps between the inner and outer cup materials.

I want to make it clear that if a woman does breast augmentation surgery, that is her decision and I am not saying anything bad about that.  I am only talking about me using a pad to make the breasts look bigger, that seems unnatural.

I have not been happy with the lack of lower curve development.  I am tempted to try the hip pads to see what a double digit difference between the smaller waist and larger hip size would have on my appearance.  But I doubt again that I would use those pads for everyday living, seems fakey.

So do you use hip pads?  What have your results been by using them? 
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LoriDee

I do have certain bras that I use the chicken cutlets with. It just boosts the cleavage to make things look nicer. I don't consider it any more fake than wearing mascara to add volume and tint to eyelashes.

I have hip pads too, but I seldom wear them. They do add to the curves, which I really like, but I have so few clothes that are stretchy enough to accommodate me plus them. They are nice to wear in the winter to provide shape and warmth. But they are just too hot to wear in the summer, except maybe in the evening.
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2024 - Voice Training
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: LoriDee on May 04, 2024, 01:43:36 PMI do have certain bras that I use the chicken cutlets with. It just boosts the cleavage to make things look nicer. I don't consider it any more fake than wearing mascara to add volume and tint to eyelashes.

I have hip pads too, but I seldom wear them. They do add to the curves, which I really like, but I have so few clothes that are stretchy enough to accommodate me plus them. They are nice to wear in the winter to provide shape and warmth. But they are just too hot to wear in the summer, except maybe in the evening.

Maybe I will try some hip padding and see how it looks wearing that in private.  My sweetie thinks I look nice as I am but I think she has blinders on.  I do thank her though for her compliments. 

She also tells me when I do not look that good and informs me why.  But that is instructional, never a hurtful remark on her part.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

big kim

I wear hip pads, they're the body armour in my motorcycling jeans. Look & feel  like denim but have kevlar woven through & armour at hips & knees
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Iztaccihuatl

I recently indulged myself and got me a pair of silicone hip pads. They are rather heavy and are self-adhering, as long as they are cleaned after each use and there is no moisture between the pads and the skin. They add about one inch on either side. With tight fitting clothing, like leggings, tight jeans or pencil skirts they can be worn as is, with more relaxed clothing I'd recommend wearing some shape wear or nylons over them, just to make sure to keep them in place, especially when some moisture starts to build up.

Putting them on for the first time was eye-opening. I hate my rather boxy frame with broad shoulders and narrow hips and everything about it screams 'man'. But when I wore them for the first time, I really saw a woman's shape in the mirror for the first time and that was instant gender euphoria.

Here is how they look:

Some downsides are that they show a little when wearing shorts or mini skirts, and they are uncomfortable in the restroom since they might fall off when sitting down after pulling down all clothing items that help hold them in place (when sitting they are bent a little which tends to pull them away from the skin on the front side of the thighs).

In conclusion, I love them, but they are not an everyday item, as much as I would like to have exactly that padding permanently attached en nature...

Hugs,

Heidemarie
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

LoriDee

The set I have is foam, so they are lighter and they came with the shapewear with pockets to hold them. They stay in place and are less visible through clothing, but they are quite warm to wear.

•  

Faith

Nope, never have and no desire to. While I may wish for better shape than I have, what I have is me. ¿Fortunately? I attract enough attention without them.

It definitely gives me a 'fake' feeling. The most I do is thin silicone pasties because I hate bras and sometimes the headlights need dimmed.

If someone else wears them to feel better about themselves, that's for them to decide.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

LoriDee

Quote from: Faith on May 06, 2024, 02:10:09 PMsometimes the headlights need dimmed

This gave me a chuckle.  :laugh:

•