Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Natalie’s Weight Log

Started by NatalieRene, December 15, 2018, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NatalieRene

My goal is to get down to around 145 pounds. When I changed my eating habits I was at 235.7 pounds back in October 30th 2018. Since then I have gotten down to 212.7 as of today.

My results are derived from removing caffeine and sugar from my body as much as possible. I also cut out snacks and junk food. I have two meals a day and consume anywhere from 700 to 1500 calories a day. The count of the calories just kind of works out that way. After I have eaten dinner I fast until lunch the next day.

The second part of how I am losing the weight was walking in the beginning and now I'm up to jogging. I plan to start swimming soon if I can find a indoors heated pool.
  •  

Gertrude

Sounds like you're on your way. Keeping calories below what you need and use works and cutting out sugar and junk is better for your health too. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Gertrude on December 15, 2018, 11:21:18 AM
Sounds like you're on your way. Keeping calories below what you need and use works and cutting out sugar and junk is better for your health too. Keep up the good work.

Thanks  ;D

I was really tested the last few days. The luncheon having pop right in front of me free for the taking and the candy in the office in the bowl. I won't lie I was tempted but I have found that at the end of the day is that while I have a sweet tooth I want my figure back more then I want a sugar buzz. Especially considering as crazy as this sounds a good jog gets the same feeling.

Here's hoping I can keep it up and lose another 23 pounds in the next 45 days.

I took a 1.6 mile walk to and from Target to get some nail polish, a eyebrow grooming kit (my previous one gave up the ghost about a week ago) and some foundation. I already burned off half of the calories from lunch.
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: barbie on December 15, 2018, 12:29:41 PM
Body weight is very difficult to decrease in the long term.

My goal also has been 65 kg (143 pounds), and was reached several times during the past 15 years. But it mostly has oscillated in the range of 66-69 kg (145-152 pounds) despite of my regular running and biking outdoors. After an intensive physical activity, I feel very strong hunger for 2-3 days thereafter. I am always a big eater. My height is 6 feet (184 cm).

barbie~~
I have found over the last month that water silences that screaming for food my body gives me. After a walk I typically drink 500ml of water over the course of ten to fifteen minutes while I cool my heart rate down.

This is the graph charting my weight loss since starting tracking with the health app on my iPhone. https://imgur.com/a/6lfLca9
  •  

Gertrude

I went from 382 to 218 over 16 months doing Keto. I'm off Keto now and I just count calories for the most part. I just walk about 2.5 miles a day. I had spinal surgery 6 weeks ago, so I have to take it easy.  I'm 6'5.

•  

NatalieRene

Wow that is a significant loss in weight. That is so awesome. Congratulations! ;D

How serious is the spinal condition. Was it successful?
  •  

Gertrude

Stenosis, bone spurs and bad disk L4-L5. Laminectomy and fusion. I have a thread hear about it in health or somewhere. Look at peripheral neuropathy. It's been 7 weeks since surgery.

•  

Jessica_K

My goal is also 145lbs,  I started at 217 and currently at 174 since October.
I have a single wheatabix with milk for breakfast with black coffee, maybe 1 or two black coffees during the day no sugar, then a main meal in the evening. I don't count the calories in the main meal, some being better for me than others. I aim is to lose 4Lbs a week and so far close to that. Christmas will be a challenge I love mince pies but will keep off the choc.
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

GingerVicki

Great weight loss success!

I was at the doctor last Friday and I weighed in at 175 pounds! :(
One thing that I've noticed is that my muscle seems to be turning into fat, but shouldn't that make me weigh less? I am like whatever.

Most of my weight is the muscle in the upper body so I just have to wait. But with protein depletion, I should be able to begin that type of catabolism.

I have my running shoes, sports bra, workout outfit, gym bag (backpack), and a lock. So now I am ready to go :)

•  

Melinda@heart

When I started HRT on April 30th of 2018 I weighed 275. I'm down to 240 now. I started out on Keto and keeping my calories at 1500 a day. My doctor also gave me Phentermine. I've started going to the gym with a friend recently. I'm not doing keto now, but I still try to keep my calories around 1500. I also cut out candy and soda. Keep going girl!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: Gertrude on December 16, 2018, 07:47:55 AM
Stenosis, bone spurs and bad disk L4-L5. Laminectomy and fusion. I have a thread hear about it in health or somewhere. Look at peripheral neuropathy. It's been 7 weeks since surgery.

i had a similar surgery about 7 years ago.  i was so bad of, I was in a wheelchair for the last 6 months prior to surgery.
It took more than a years to fully recover again, but now I can walk 5 or so miles without any pain.  I have no sensory feelings anymore in the front of my legs, and after standing still for a while, I have to stamp with my feet prior to start walking to give my brain a position signal of the location of my feet/legs.
The most important thing is that I am pain free now!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Linde

Quote from: Jessica_K on December 16, 2018, 11:35:38 AM
My goal is also 145lbs,  I started at 217 and currently at 174 since October.
I have a single wheatabix with milk for breakfast with black coffee, maybe 1 or two black coffees during the day no sugar, then a main meal in the evening. I don't count the calories in the main meal, some being better for me than others. I aim is to lose 4Lbs a week and so far close to that. Christmas will be a challenge I love mince pies but will keep off the choc.
It is generally considered to be unhealthy to loose weight to fast.  A pound a week is a reasonable goal!

Just remember ladies, we are burdening our body with transitioning already, we have to be careful what else we want to challenge it with!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on December 16, 2018, 11:48:16 PM
It is generally considered to be unhealthy to loose weight to fast.  A pound a week is a reasonable goal!

Just remember ladies, we are burdening our body with transitioning already, we have to be careful what else we want to challenge it with!
My body is handling it like a champ. I have lost 8 pounds since November 30th or roughly 4 pounds per week. I think what you mean is the body requires calories. We have to eat in order for our body and it's systems to maintain our bodies. Exercise is strenuous and requires both food with nutrients and plenty of sleep.

I'll spend Christmas morning on the treadmill. All I want for Christmas is to be able to fit into my wardrobe of clothing.

Today I lost half a pound and am down to 212.1. I moved 10.21 miles yesterday (that is not a typo) and burned 3618 calories while consuming 1640 calories and drinking 40 oz of water.

My other suggestion for people losing weight is that there is no plan out there that will long term other then changing your habits and not ever reverting back. Keep an eye on the calories but don't obsess and exercise. You'll get to the point where you have more and more energy.
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: GingerVicki on December 16, 2018, 09:16:02 PM
Great weight loss success!

I was at the doctor last Friday and I weighed in at 175 pounds! :(
One thing that I've noticed is that my muscle seems to be turning into fat, but shouldn't that make me weigh less? I am like whatever.

Most of my weight is the muscle in the upper body so I just have to wait. But with protein depletion, I should be able to begin that type of catabolism.

I have my running shoes, sports bra, workout outfit, gym bag (backpack), and a lock. So now I am ready to go :)
A lot of mine did too but it isn't what caused my weight gain. Be sure to eat healthy and exercise.
  •  

Linde

It is always said that estrogen distributes body fat different (butt and boobs).  I almost have the feeling that estrogen is not doing this to my body in this manner.  I gained almost 10 pounds since i started E (yes gained, while I was loosing weight prior to starting it), but non of it did go to either my boobs or butt, I think it decided to join the other bacon of my gut!.  Now I finally start to loose the stuff again, I lost about 5 pounds now since i started a forced weight loss program!

As NatalieRene said, keeping the weight in check works only through life style changes.  I was able to stay for many years at ~ 200 lbs (after loosing almost 100).  This estrogen thing threw me off, and I have to adjust for this now, and I also want to loose about 20 to 25 more lbs.  My diet is pretty much dictated by my Type II diabetes (and I am doing well with this, i was diagnosed almost 20 years ago, and am still able to control it with Medformin only, while my sister died of complications of it.  We inherited this disease from our mother, who also died on it).
anyway, I can't do much concerning my died, I have to increase my calorie burning.

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on December 17, 2018, 09:03:31 AM
It is always said that estrogen distributes body fat different (butt and boobs).  I almost have the feeling that estrogen is not doing this to my body in this manner.  I gained almost 10 pounds since i started E (yes gained, while I was loosing weight prior to starting it), but non of it did go to either my boobs or butt, I think it decided to join the other bacon of my gut!.  Now I finally start to loose the stuff again, I lost about 5 pounds now since i started a forced weight loss program!

As NatalieRene said, keeping the weight in check works only through life style changes.  I was able to stay for many years at ~ 200 lbs (after loosing almost 100).  This estrogen thing threw me off, and I have to adjust for this now, and I also want to loose about 20 to 25 more lbs.  My diet is pretty much dictated by my Type II diabetes (and I am doing well with this, i was diagnosed almost 20 years ago, and am still able to control it with Medformin only, while my sister died of complications of it.  We inherited this disease from our mother, who also died on it).
anyway, I can't do much concerning my died, I have to increase my calorie burning.
It won't move the fat. New fat will be placed accordingly. I can say that since getting back on HRT my butt has gotten bigger and my waist has been slimming. My waist is back to parity with my hips, but that is still 12 inches more then I want. Once I lose all the weight my waist will roughly be 29 inches to my hips 41 inches.

Thankfully diabetes doesn't run in our family.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 17, 2018, 09:41:54 AM
It won't move the fat. New fat will be placed accordingly. I can say that since getting back on HRT my butt has gotten bigger and my waist has been slimming. My waist is back to parity with my hips, but that is still 12 inches more then I want. Once I lose all the weight my waist will roughly be 29 inches to my hips 41 inches.

Thankfully diabetes doesn't run in our family.
you seem to be all around a smaller person than I am.  My hips are about 44 inches, and the smallest my waste has been in my adult life is 32 inches (and I looked like a bean string at that time).  But I am also 6' tall.  My waste is currently at about 35+ inches, and my goal is to get at or below 34 inches.  I don't think that much will change with my hips (bones have a hard time to slim down), with some luck I might loose an inch or less there.
But I want to loose weight all over my body, and If possible, I want to loose a lot at my upper body, to reduce my band width!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on December 17, 2018, 10:11:33 AM
you seem to be all around a smaller person than I am.  My hips are about 44 inches, and the smallest my waste has been in my adult life is 32 inches (and I looked like a bean string at that time).  But I am also 6' tall.  My waste is currently at about 35+ inches, and my goal is to get at or below 3 inches.  I don't think that much will change with my hips (bones have a hard time to slim down), with some luck I might loose an inch or less there.
But I want to loose weight all over my body, and If possible, I want to loose a lot at my upper body, to reduce my band width!
The last time I measured my height I was 5'10" or 1.778 meters tall. When I get home I'll remeasure myself. I wear anywhere from size 9 to 11 shoes depending on the manufacturer. Width is my primary concern. I rarely wear anything about size 10 it just gets loose.

You can't decide where the weight will be lost sadly. However I have noticed the weight coming off my face, neck, upper arms and some abdominal fat being consumed right now.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 17, 2018, 10:38:04 AM
The last time I measured my height I was 5'10" or 1.778 meters tall. When I get home I'll remeasure myself. I wear anywhere from size 9 to 11 shoes depending on the manufacturer. Width is my primary concern. I rarely wear anything about size 10 it just gets loose.

You can't decide where the weight will be lost sadly. However I have noticed the weight coming off my face, neck, upper arms and some abdominal fat being consumed right now.
I have not much to loose in my face or my arms, I have mainly muscles there.   I don't have an actual "beer belly", my weight there is mostly on my sides (those saddle bags).  The rest of the weight seems to hang around my upper back, a mixture of muscles and fat I think.  But it is a medical fact that all the fat that can be seen on the outside of the body is also present at the inside, as fat layers around he organs.  This means, one might loose an OK amount of wight, but might not see it that clearly when looking at a person!

•  

NatalieRene

Eventually the fat will burn we just have to keep at it. Today I had a Cobb salad. I got full so I didn't finish all of it.
  •