Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Natalie’s Weight Log

Started by NatalieRene, December 15, 2018, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: Jessica_K on May 04, 2019, 12:59:41 AM
No a J. Jag I-pace, T's are nice but the x range is very expensive and the new 3 lives up to its name with at least a 3year wait for delivery in the UK
Living in an area of the US in which the electric infrastructure has a hard enough time to deliver reliable power to the homes (we have random power outages for no apparent reason), a fully electric car is not a viable option.  Hybrids are OK, but the size I need to transport my really big dog (at least medium sized SUV), are so few and so expensive that i will continue to pollute the air for many years to come!

Have fun with the kitten!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

JanePlain

Quote from: NatalieRene on May 02, 2019, 09:44:36 AM
It was a pleasant commuter before the tune but this morning it out paced a Dodge Charger SXT on the on ramp and did a hostile pass (ie the charger sped up as fast as possible because they decided they didn't want to get passed) where I was slightly faster from 0 to 80mph and pulled in front. Needless to say you could see the driver's shocked expression as I was passing him and it was just great. My guess, because I didn't measure, is the 0 to 60 was around 6.1 - 6.3 seconds.

This is not bad for a basic 1.4L Turbo ecotec engine.

Ok, I've been a fan of yours since day one but if you keep talking about cars I'm going to have a girl crush!  ;-)  I've got my car doing 0-60MPH in the 5(something) second range.  But my car is supposed to be fast... SIGH
  •  

JanePlain

Quote from: NatalieRene on May 02, 2019, 09:44:36 AM
It was a pleasant commuter before the tune but this morning it out paced a Dodge Charger SXT on the on ramp and did a hostile pass (ie the charger sped up as fast as possible because they decided they didn't want to get passed) where I was slightly faster from 0 to 80mph and pulled in front. Needless to say you could see the driver's shocked expression as I was passing him and it was just great. My guess, because I didn't measure, is the 0 to 60 was around 6.1 - 6.3 seconds.

This is not bad for a basic 1.4L Turbo ecotec engine.

Yes.  I'm in serious danger of getting a girl crush on you and your 1,4L Turbo.  And whoever mentioned power to weight ratio is right.  Nat seems to be killing that with her diet.  Now if only we could find carbon fiber hood and trunks.  Or a diet that works faster for me.  *Not eating carbon fiber even if thats what they called my last attempt at grilling.  I think slow cooked BBQ is better anyway.  I wish someone would make an easy to bolt on supercharger for a 13B Rotary engine.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: JanePlain on May 11, 2019, 09:32:16 AM
  I wish someone would make an easy to bolt on supercharger for a 13B Rotary engine.
Wouldn't you be afraid to blow the seals out even faster than they go already!

Those babies were the reason that NSU/Audi did not want to play with the Wankel engine anymore!

•  

Jessica_K

Quote from: Dietlind on May 11, 2019, 12:35:44 PM
Those babies were the reason that NSU/Audi did not want to play with the Wankel engine anymore!
Titter!!

Miss, Lind said a rude word

lol
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

JanePlain

Quote from: Dietlind on May 11, 2019, 12:35:44 PM
Wouldn't you be afraid to blow the seals out even faster than they go already!

Supercharged would be scary without a lot of extra work on cooling.

But stock?  Hummm no, not worried.  Mine has 130K with excellent compression.  Its the people who don't know that the Wankel needs special care.  Off the top of my head never use normal octane / cheap gas.  Don't let the oil or coolant run low.  Don't shift and drive at low RPM.  Rev and count 5 when you turn it off to avoid flooding.  I premix 8oz of heavy marine oil in the gas because I have one of the years that didn't use enough engine oil in the fuel mix.  Never EVER use a synthetic oil. The typical drive puts gas in the car and has the oil changed when the idiot light comes on.  They can't be allowed to own an RX-8 or 7 because they will be revving it up to 9K when the engine is cold.  Letting the oil run low (Or ignore coolant loss) and boom! Its not my sister's station wagon. 

It needs a little more TLC then your typical car.  Power to weight is like UFO technology and mine does 0-60mph in 5 sec (and change)  It will beat the slower years 911 and Corvette in 0-60 and the quarter mile.  At least on paper! ;-)  Mazda had Rotary engine race cars at the 1990.91 le mans and won it in 91.  After which the Rotary engine was banned. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: JanePlain on May 12, 2019, 11:59:50 AM
Supercharged would be scary without a lot of extra work on cooling.

But stock?  Hummm no, not worried.  Mine has 130K with excellent compression.  Its the people who don't know that the Wankel needs special care.  Off the top of my head never use normal octane / cheap gas.  Don't let the oil or coolant run low.  Don't shift and drive at low RPM.  Rev and count 5 when you turn it off to avoid flooding.  I premix 8oz of heavy marine oil in the gas because I have one of the years that didn't use enough engine oil in the fuel mix.  Never EVER use a synthetic oil. The typical drive puts gas in the car and has the oil changed when the idiot light comes on.  They can't be allowed to own an RX-8 or 7 because they will be revving it up to 9K when the engine is cold.  Letting the oil run low (Or ignore coolant loss) and boom! Its not my sister's station wagon. 

It needs a little more TLC then your typical car.  Power to weight is like UFO technology and mine does 0-60mph in 5 sec (and change)  It will beat the slower years 911 and Corvette in 0-60 and the quarter mile.  At least on paper! ;-)  Mazda had Rotary engine race cars at the 1990.91 le mans and won it in 91.  After which the Rotary engine was banned.
Here we are killing Natalie's weight thread, but she likes car talk, too, and would not mind for a little bit!

I used to have the original RO 80 from NSU, just before the merged with AUDI (actually the first AUDI 100 was loosely based on this body architecture, just with the AUD Aluminum engine - I had that after the RO 80).  this vehicle was a rocket in those days, but the engine lasted only about 50,000 miles before the gaskets were gone.  They tried all kinds of different materials to improve this, but they never got this gasket wear under control.  That is the reason AUDI killed the engine, and handed it over to Mazda for a few pennies to the dollar.

•  

JanePlain

Quote from: Linde on May 12, 2019, 02:04:15 PM
Here we are killing Natalie's weight thread, but she likes car talk, too, and would not mind for a little bit!

I used to have the original RO 80 from NSU, just before the merged with AUDI (actually the first AUDI 100 was loosely based on this body architecture, just with the AUD Aluminum engine - I had that after the RO 80).  this vehicle was a rocket in those days, but the engine lasted only about 50,000 miles before the gaskets were gone.  They tried all kinds of different materials to improve this, but they never got this gasket wear under control.  That is the reason AUDI killed the engine, and handed it over to Mazda for a few pennies to the dollar.

Your right.  Sorry Natalie for the topic takeover. Your tune program sounds very cool.  I did some youtube watching and this seems to be making a lot of people smile! Back to diet update!!! *And I had a friend with an aluminum block engine that he put in a station wagon (Early form of sleeper) and street raced for pink slips.   That had an interesting power to weight ratio as well.  Which if my diet works I hope my weight to ? gets better.  I'm just stuck at 200...  Ugh! Anyway keep inspiring us Natalie! 
  •  

Maid Marion

The number you are looking for is the waist to hip ratio.  0.76 is my number. ;D

But tracking weight makes more sense because you can see small changes easily.  And, from a practical point of view,  loosing weight opens up more clothing options.
  •  

NatalieRene

I'm sorry everyone it's been a while since I have posted here. Life has been hectic.

The good news is I'm saving money for a rental house to get out of the apartment while we sell the house. We think we can start looking for the place in two to three months.

Today I weighed in at 172.6 pounds. So the little bit of weight I gained from the road trip two weeks ago has been lost and I'm back on track to getting down to my target weight.

Quote from: Jessica_K on May 03, 2019, 11:38:46 AM
You are not meant to mention being on the heavy side on a diet thread lol
LOL

Quote from: Linde on May 03, 2019, 12:10:36 PM
But many of the Chrysler Dodge products could stand some intense dieting to gt a decent Hp to weight relation.
Always remember not the size matters (burly V8's) but how to use the size is the real secret!
This is a wisdom an older woman can tell you from years of experience!

This is true. I'm sure the Charger weighs a lot more. The Sonic is roughly 2920 pounds compared to the Charger's approximate 4020 pounds. 1100 pounds lighter helped for sure. Not to mention the driver looked heavy so I was probably at least 100 pounds lighter so that's at least a 1200 pound weight savings.

Quote from: Jessica_K on May 03, 2019, 01:30:12 PM
I'm about to go electric 0-60 4.5 secs

I'm not interested in electric cars at the moment. If they make it trivial to swap out the battery at stations so that it could be comparable to gas stations then I'll be interested.

Quote from: JanePlain on May 13, 2019, 12:12:49 AM
Your right.  Sorry Natalie for the topic takeover. Your tune program sounds very cool.  I did some youtube watching and this seems to be making a lot of people smile! Back to diet update!!! *And I had a friend with an aluminum block engine that he put in a station wagon (Early form of sleeper) and street raced for pink slips.   That had an interesting power to weight ratio as well.  Which if my diet works I hope my weight to ? gets better.  I'm just stuck at 200...  Ugh! Anyway keep inspiring us Natalie! 

The tune program is awesome. Even better is when you drive normal the MPG goes up. Even when I use the extra umph to get around obstacles my lifetime MPG is 27MPG.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on May 27, 2019, 12:51:42 PM

The tune program is awesome. Even better is when you drive normal the MPG goes up. Even when I use the extra umph to get around obstacles my lifetime MPG is 27MPG.
And once you reached your target weight, the ratio of weight to HP will be even better!  ;D

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Linde on May 27, 2019, 01:08:58 PM
And once you reached your target weight, the ratio of weight to HP will be even better!  ;D

Another 35.6 pounds lighter couldn't hurt but I don't see it being make or break at least for the car. Now the upgraded turbo, intake and exhaust and the ~75 more hp at the wheels will do nicely. I will need to upgrade the brakes though and the fuel injectors.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on May 27, 2019, 01:25:46 PM
Another 35.6 pounds lighter couldn't hurt but I don't see it being make or break at least for the car. Now the upgraded turbo, intake and exhaust and the ~75 more hp at the wheels will do nicely. I will need to upgrade the brakes though and the fuel injectors.
How much weight will that ad?  You might want to put that car onto a diet and strip it of unneeded stuff!

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Linde on May 27, 2019, 03:21:15 PM
How much weight will that ad?  You might want to put that car onto a diet and strip it of unneeded stuff!

I don't know how much weight it will add. Even though the turbo is bigger it isn't super large so I don't think it would be very much.
  •  

NatalieRene

As of this morning I was down to 171.3 pounds. I'm starting to get close to being under 171 pounds. My goal is still to remove the gut and I'm making progress. Today my waist was down to 37.5".  ;D
  •