Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_K

I use OPI nail envy. Have far fewer breaks now and nails are far less brittle
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on December 23, 2018, 08:30:22 AM
I use gloves, too, for those tasks.  But if I deal with small mechanical or electrical items, gloves don't cut it, only the bare fingers work, and that means, after a while, the nails go down the tube!

Linde,

Could you use medical gloves?  Those are pretty thin.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 30, 2018, 07:01:48 PM
I have heard that if you have adequate progesterone in your system, that your nails will be stonger.  Some ladies have progesterone as part of their mtf HRT medicines.  Is that so?

Do you all put on a top coat (not simply clear nail polish, but use a top coat polish, which differs from clear nail polish) to protect your colored nails?

I hear that a clear base coat is good to use under colored polish so that your nails will not as likely turn yellowish.  Do you use these clear base coats?

Chrissy
I do a 3 coat thingy.  The base coat, the polish and the same stuff as the base coat for a top coat!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 30, 2018, 07:21:55 PM

Linde,

Could you use medical gloves?  Those are pretty thin.

Chrissy
I used those half of my working life, but they don't cut it for some of the stuff I like to do (like trying to repair watches)

•  

Linde

Quote from: Jessica_K on December 30, 2018, 06:58:21 PM
I get a nice strong man to do it for me at the garage

Love Jessica
My son is a mater mechanic, and runs a big shop!  I know what is going on in those shops (my in laws had a dealership, too).  I can do almost all repairs by myself (after all, I have a medical education, which makes sense to work on cars  >:-)), and if I can do it myself, i sure will do that.  I can trust myself better than any strong man in a shop (they are almost all on a flat rate pay scheme)

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Dietlind on December 30, 2018, 07:45:26 PM
I used those half of my working life, but they don't cut it for some of the stuff I like to do (like trying to repair watches)

Watches with lots of complications can be fascinating.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 30, 2018, 07:49:32 PM

Watches with lots of complications can be fascinating.

Chrissy
I like tinkering around.  If I had to start over again, I would be an orthopedic surgeon, specializing in hand surgery!

•  

Allison S

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 30, 2018, 05:59:40 PM

You have very nice nails.

Chrissy
Aw thanks I'm not sure where I get decent nails from but I like them.. Oh and I have on pink almost sheer nail polish on.. I like it I just refreshed with a new coat

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  •  

IzzyM

Quote from: Dietlind on December 30, 2018, 06:45:33 PM
And how do you girls handle car repairs with them nails?   ???

I have a friend who does the car fixing, but I am sporting one torn nail at the moment so my nails are not so attractive just now.

And thanks GordonG

Maybe I should be a bit more adventurous at work.

Love Izzy
It isn't hard at all to make a wish. The difficultly lies in how to make what you wish for a reality
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: Dietlind on December 30, 2018, 06:45:33 PM
And how do you girls handle car repairs with them nails?   ???

Simple, push through the pain.
I'm stripping an 86 Passat at the moment.
If you take your time be careful there is no need to be braking em in the first place.

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Allison S on December 31, 2018, 12:17:24 AM
Aw thanks I'm not sure where I get decent nails from but I like them.. Oh and I have on pink almost sheer nail polish on.. I like it I just refreshed with a new coat

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Allison,

They turned out very nicely!

Chrissy
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on December 31, 2018, 04:30:29 AM
Simple, push through the pain.
I'm stripping an 86 Passat at the moment.
If you take your time be careful there is no need to be braking em in the first place.
That is quite a job!  My son just finished to pimp his 2008 Passat RS 36.  He removed all electrical components out of the engine bay back into the trunk!  I don't see the reason why he did it, but he thought it is cool looking that way!

•