Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

PCOS? Or Intersex?

Started by GlassUnicorn, December 23, 2018, 04:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlassUnicorn

I started out, as far as I'm aware, as a normal "girl". Developed early, including breasts and period. I was using pads and a bra long before anyone else was. However, my periods were never regular, even as a thin pre-teen and teenager. I started to skip periods entirely when I was 17, and that was when I started gaining weight too. When I was 19, I'd go three months without a period sometimes. I also started to grow facial hair at this time. By age 21, I had a full beard that I needed to shave daily. When I was 26-27, I stopped skipping periods, and instead had my period for an entire year. One December I started to spot daily, which evolved into heavy bleeding all the time. I was put on birth control (the Depo shot), which made it maybe a tad lighter, but did NOT stop the bleeding. I was tested for cancer, and was negative. I was given an ultrasound, that showed ovaries and a uterus, but not much wrong. I was begging for a hysterectomy, but constantly denied on the premise of, "You'll want kids someday", despite me adamantly saying I did not want children, that I'm on medicine that I cannot get off of that would hurt a fetus, and that I probably wasn't fertile anyway...I hated my uterus. Even now that we've gotten the bleeding under control (with a combination of a hormonal IUD and  a pill called Norethindrone), I still hate it. I still want it out.

Something is very, very wrong. It doesn't seem quite like PCOS and doesn't seem quite intersex...and yet, there's something about that thought of being intersex that I find extremely comforting. Something so right about it...but maybe that's just because I'm trans? I tried to bring this up to my doctor, but was ignored...
  •  

Linde

Hi, I don't know anything about females being born intersex, because I did only research on my intersex condition (xxy chromosomes).  But I bet there are probably a similar number of females are born who would fall under the general term intersex, as there are males.

But it can only be determined for sure through either Genome analysis or chromosome analysis.

It is probably time to change physicians, if your doctor will not listen to, and address your concerns.

Again, I don't really know how intersex manifests itself in females, but you my want to work through this website, to see if anything applies to you!
http://www.isna.org/faq/conditions
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

GlassUnicorn

Thanks, I'll look into that page! :)
  •  

Linde

Quote from: GlassUnicorn on December 23, 2018, 06:55:08 PM
Thanks, I'll look into that page! :)
Do you know whether there were any manipulations done in your genital region?  That would be a tell tale sign that somebody decided to make you into a female, like I was made into a male!
If that is the case, you might be as much female as you are male, or lie I am, more female than male, but I had to grow up as a male.  it might as well be that you are more male than female, but somebody decided you should be female.

If you find your kind of symptoms on this site, you can dig deeper or be tested.  It might be that you would have to pay out of pocket for such tests, if you can't find a doc to prescribe them.  Your best bet for this might be your endocrinologist.  This doctor had my tests done.

Good luck in finding something to give you more clarity about your condition!
Hugs
Linde
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•