Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Life changes besides the mental and physical after hrt

Started by Michelledeanna1989, December 22, 2018, 01:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelledeanna1989

When I came out almost a year ago. 
I took Two months off for stress leave after I just came out then switched jobs
To another hotel that treated me poorly I was misgendered and laughed at
By the owner of the hotel and lied to about my schedule I worked anyshift some I'd work 8:30pm to 4am then the rest of the day off to sleep and then 8am the day it wasn't great split days off etc I was promised 9-5 Monday to Friday so I wasn't happy. Coming to them from Westin I found. Thats very unprofessional and quit
Then tried cleaning house but it was supposed to be a seemless job transition and on what
Would of been my first day of work. I went into emergency at 4am and by 7am I was
Diagnosed with  Appendicitis so had emergency surgery that evening
Then was off work for 3 more weeks.  After that I worked at that company for a
Couple months it was a subcontractor position and the cost of fuel was my reason for leaving as I
Was spending 90 a week on Premium fuel. The joys of owning a german car.
Then went to a competitor and it was better but my issue was they where over staffed
So say they stayed 8 to 4:30 was my day but in reality it was 8 to 1pm. I left went back on disability, I have mild aspergers a kidney disease and a learning disability.  Then I've been collecting disability and I am able to work part time so I'm using it as an opportunity to go to
College. I wrote an assessment exam at the college. I did really well. I'm 1 English credit shy
Of starting in September 2019 so I'm going to upgrade over the spring and summer and work part time. I done mainly housekeeping and janitorial for 10 years and now I'm going into healthcare once I finish, I don't know if others who are in there late twenties or so has so experience after
Starting transition but I had no idea. When starting how much everything changes like my job I moved into my first apartment not that wise but I don't regret it. Plus living a block from
The beach / ocean is a big plus. Hopefully the 2nd year is bettter in away it's like my dysphoria blocked all my priorities before coming out. It's like I didn't care and now I feel like I'm starting over, I'm just about at 1 year on hrt but I feel like I'm finally figuring out my life. Before I came out. I had a lot to go threw with my kidneys I had to fight for my life and I did it more then once.
I went to Australia. A childhood dream, i lost my mom to cancer at 26. i bought land with my brother And a couple friends in Baja Mexico. But now even with the good it's everything else I ignored for so long. Like I didn't care to get an education now I do care. I didn't want to live past 30 now I want to be healthy and live a long life. Even my old job I was a groundskeeper at a Westin resort making next to nothing and not caring to improve my life. Now it's like I see my old self  from before as someone who I wouldn't know was me. I'm not sure if it's turning 30 in a few months or what's changed but I didn't  know just how much would change or I would want changed about the life I lived before and that I live today.. even with the occasional doubt or fear. It's like I have so much to live for now VS how I was. From what my friends told me I'm much more. Confident in myself and happy now. I didn't really think before I started that I'd change so many other things in my life
It's almost as though my life has purpose and meaning now.   I don't know if this just maybe the age I'm at or if other dragged themselves threw life prior to transitioning or if it's common. that I also know it's probably not common to have your appendix removed but everything besides that.
Mainly the life changes not so much the physical or emotional / mental. 
  •  

DawnOday

Here are a few suggestions.  WGU online college. Majors - Teaching, Medical, IT and Business. Generally around $6500 per year.   Http:\\WGU.EDU

MIT online - Free... Online courses that you can get certification for a small fee from one of the premiere universities in the US.   https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

Free programming classes. Quite a few of these If you have no computer experience you may start with Khan Academy to learn basics.  https://www.w3schools.com/
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Allison S

Wow, your post hits home for me. I turned 28 this past June and full time in September... Being viewed as a "woman" has changed my life in ways I never imagined would ever happen for me... While I accomplished things before transitioning and living my truth, dysphoria was ruining me. No matter how much I tried to better my life or what I did, I was held back in every way. That became my worldview and how I expect my life to be... But yet it isn't? I'm in limbo right now and in shock still too.

I don't think dysphoria is going away anytime soon though, if ever. That's just the new reality.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•