News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Sexual orientation?

Started by Beverly Anne, December 26, 2018, 05:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: TonyaW on May 27, 2019, 11:35:11 AM
I am truly sorry if something I posted offended and I certainly did not mean for this diagram to be taken seriously. I only posted it due to Moni's excitement over venn diagrams.

Its got male and female on the ends and the arrows pointing out that they are not orientations and should also point to the intersex area. Maybe whoever made it thinks placing that note immediately under the intersex area was enough to indicate that, but it its unclear even if that's what was intended.
It's also not inclusive of non binary people. I'd assume that they just ignored  them and trans people rather than including them in male and female. At least they didn't separate us out.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
You did not offend me, it is just this way the body conditions of us intersex people get mixed up with gender and/or sexuality.  We were born like this, different from most people, it is almost as if we were born without arm or with 4 arms, or whatever you can think of.  Most of the time we can live like any other person, but sometimes this funny biological condition does not allow us to live like "normal" people.
However, as I said already, this has nothing to do with my sexual orientation, and also not if I am trans or not.  Many intersex people live happily in the gender role they were assigned to, I tried ist for quite some time, and it did not work out in the long run. 
And I transitioned, and my body condition was of an advantage for this, because I looked and felt mostly female already.  Becoming a woman was almost like a piece of cake for me (one thing the biology of my body was helpful for me), but my sexual orientation was not influenced by any of this.
I was into women when I was a man, and I am into women now as a woman, nothing changed.
I do not want to connect my sexual orientation with my gender (I still have not a real solid gender identity).
I don't know if I am different in this than other trans women who lived in a clearly define body (cis male type), because I never had the feeling that my brain lived in the wrong body (and as I know now, my body was mostly female anyway, and that seemed to have been pretty OK for my brain).

Again, every intersex person is different, there are no real guidelines for chromosomes to follow, on how to mess up a body!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•