Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Things you do no longer use or buy now

Started by ChrissyRyan, December 28, 2018, 07:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Cathode ray tube (CRT) televisions and monitors.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Ryuichi13

My wired headset!  I finally got my AirBuds!  WOOT!  :D

Ryuichi

•  

MaryT

Daisywheel printers.  I still have paper for one, which I use for scribbling.
  •  

Julia1996

My dad stopped ordering/using checks quite a while ago thankfully. I mean who still uses checks? 😂😂  Oh, wait, my grandma.😫
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 24, 2019, 07:55:39 PM
Cathode ray tube (CRT) televisions and monitors.

I have no clue what that even is.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Julia1996 on May 31, 2019, 08:07:03 PM
I have no clue what that even is.
You do, but only geeks regularly called them CRT screens. 

Justt your standard TV or computer monitor before flat screens.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: Julia1996 on May 31, 2019, 08:06:04 PM
My dad stopped ordering/using checks quite a while ago thankfully. I mean who still uses checks? 😂😂  Oh, wait, my grandma.😫
Some payments have to still be made with checks.  My life insurance is on of them.  Almost all gouvernemental offices around here, they don't take cash or credit card!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

D'Amalie

Can't say I don't keep paper books. I get new ones for Xmas.  Yet the rest of the year, <conspriatorial glance left and right> I use my Kindle readers.  I have a reader on my iPhone, and Oasiss, a Voyage, and my newest sparkling toy is a latest generation Paper White.  I simply love that I can keep a library full at my touch without carting them around to get rained on or spilled on, or ...

If you check the audiophile tag, you'd see I gave up on my component based stereo system and moved into the 21st century with wireless surround and a SONY soundbar system.  Simply amazing.

I just gave up my last Sony Trinitron flat screen CRT so Nintendo Duck Hunt is now relegated to my son's flat.  I have more for later.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I do not seem to use as many bills (currency) and coins nowadays.

However I still have bills, if you know what I mean!

Chrissy

•