Started by ChrissyRyan, December 28, 2018, 07:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Devlyn on December 30, 2018, 03:17:19 AM
Raid Dinosaur Repellant.  ;D

Devlyn,

I can't seem to find any of that in the stores nowadays.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Swedishgirl96

I dont use cash anymore. I always pay with cards or with my iphone.

They changed the looks of our money in my country a couple of years ago. I don't like that because now I don't know how our currency look like. Because I never use it. Very annoying. Well we are moving towards a cash-free society anyways.
La dolce vita
  •  

Ryuichi13

•  

Julia1996

I certainly don't buy or use them, but my dad loves books. Real paper books. He has books all over his bedroom, home office and our family room. Dirty, dust catching, germy books! I gave him a Kindle for his birthday once and he returned it. He said he likes reading actual books. He likes actual newspapers too and we get one every day. Any news worth reading will be on social media so newspapers are totally obsolete. My dad is only 40 but sometimes he acts like an old fart! It could be worse. My grandparents still have a landline and they have this old phone that stays on the wall. You have to stand there the whole time you talk. And all this "phone" can do is call people, no other functions!  And for her "contacts" she has this thing she keeps by her wall phone called a roller deck. Its this thing full of paper cards with handwritten names and numbers. It's just sad.

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Dietlind on January 05, 2019, 10:41:21 AM
What are they?  Sounds like something for sports?
[/quote

They are. They are made to protect a mans testes during contact sports. My brother had them when he played football.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 05, 2019, 10:01:16 AM
Jock straps.
I ditched those long long ago in favor of compression shorts.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 05, 2019, 11:13:08 AM
Quote from: Dietlind on January 05, 2019, 10:41:21 AM
What are they?  Sounds like something for sports?
[/quote

They are. They are made to protect a mans testes during contact sports. My brother had them when he played football.
Thank you.  I never played any sports and did not need any protection.  I rather played with the girls, they did not try to hurt me!

•  

Jenny1969

Ok dont laugh.............I no longer purchase S&H green stamps.

All you young girls can go google it!!  LOL
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

Julia1996

I am the first one buy the latest and most up to date products but I do have one exception to the rule. An iron. I had a very expensive rowenta iron and it just died one day when I had a ton of stuff to iron. I asked my neighbor if I could borrow her iron till I could go out and buy a new one. My neighbor is a very cool older lady and like a lot of older ladies she has 2 and even 3 copies of household stuff. She had a new iron still in the box she said I could just keep. From the avocado green color and weird cloth covered cord I figure it must be from the 70s. I thanked her and figured I would go out in a couple days and get a new iron. I don't know if it's because the older iron is heavier than new ones or if it maybe gets hotter or makes more steam but ironing with that thing was way faster than my modern one. The difference in the time was significant. I kept the iron and still use it. If it broke I would hit the thrift stores and find another old one.

What's up with ironing anyway? I've seen old movies and heard old people talk about having to iron laundry after washing it. It's almost 2020 and I myself have to do that even still. We have awesome electronics and A.I.  So someone can't make men's shirts and police and paramedic uniform shirts that don't wrinkle?  That sucks!  Come on nerds, invent it!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Sorry, we're too busy figuring out cures and causes for cancer.

Do you really think we iron our clothes?  Scientists might be the most disheveled bunch out there.  :D
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 06, 2019, 08:35:29 AM
I am the first one buy the latest and most up to date products but I do have one exception to the rule. An iron. I had a very expensive rowenta iron and it just died one day when I had a ton of stuff to iron. I asked my neighbor if I could borrow her iron till I could go out and buy a new one. My neighbor is a very cool older lady and like a lot of older ladies she has 2 and even 3 copies of household stuff. She had a new iron still in the box she said I could just keep. From the avocado green color and weird cloth covered cord I figure it must be from the 70s. I thanked her and figured I would go out in a couple days and get a new iron. I don't know if it's because the older iron is heavier than new ones or if it maybe gets hotter or makes more steam but ironing with that thing was way faster than my modern one. The difference in the time was significant. I kept the iron and still use it. If it broke I would hit the thrift stores and find another old one.

What's up with ironing anyway? I've seen old movies and heard old people talk about having to iron laundry after washing it. It's almost 2020 and I myself have to do that even still. We have awesome electronics and A.I.  So someone can't make men's shirts and police and paramedic uniform shirts that don't wrinkle?  That sucks!  Come on nerds, invent it!
I don't really know how to iron shirts or tops, so I buy only the wash and wear stuff.  I can iron pants, and if I need touch up for some of the tops, I use one of those steamer things, works well enough for me!
I have a brand new Rowenta sitting here, still in the box.  M ex would not want to have any other, after she fell in love with the brand while we were living in Germany for a while (my ex is an all American girl).  Still to day it is for her: Rowenta or die.  That is why I bought mine.

•  

Swedishgirl96

Can't the guys iron their own shirts and uniforms? :o
La dolce vita
  •  

Dena

Some cotton fabrics will always wrinkle however wrinkles can be pretty well eliminated with the proper drying process. When you dry a load of laundry, set the dryer to the low, less dry setting. If you don't have that setting, you will need to pull the clothes while they are still a little damp. The idea is to get the clothes out of the dryer with a little moisture in them but they aren't very hot and then put them on hangers to finish the drying. Leaving warm clothes in the dryer will cause them to wrinkle every time.

I have dress pants that need to be touched up with an iron however most of the time my iron goes for a long time without being touched. I also have an old Black and Decker iron that must be 20 years old and it still works fine. I hope I never need to replace it because it looks like I might not be able to find a good replacement.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Swedishgirl96 on January 06, 2019, 09:01:52 AM
Can't the guys iron their own shirts and uniforms? :o

Iron their own clothes? ?? Yeah, there's a better chance of me mastering cold fusion than these 3 ironing their own clothes. 😂😂  My dad can and will iron his own clothes but I don't mind doing it for him because he does a lot for me. Tristan says as his girlfriend I am supposed to do that stuff for him. Tyler just hates having to iron anything.  It's easier to just do it for him than listen to him try to con or talk me into doing it or to risk a disaster letting him loose with the iron. He has burned his clothes before and he once burned his hand after he repositioned the shirt and wasn't paying attention and grabbed the iron by the sole plate instead of the handle. I nearly gave myself a stroke trying not to laugh. It was such a blonde, dumbass  thing for him to do but he actually had burned his hand and hurt himself so I couldn't laugh at him as bad as I wanted to.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Jenny1969 on January 06, 2019, 01:47:36 AM
Ok dont laugh.............I no longer purchase S&H green stamps.

All you young girls can go google it!!  LOL
This is what I remember about them.

You didnt buy them. Stores would give them out and then your mom made you stick them in books and then she took them somewhere and redeemed them for something.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Swedishgirl96

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 06, 2019, 09:21:18 AM
Iron their own clothes? ?? Yeah, there's a better chance of me mastering cold fusion than these 3 ironing their own clothes. 😂😂  My dad can and will iron his own clothes but I don't mind doing it for him because he does a lot for me. Tristan says as his girlfriend I am supposed to do that stuff for him. Tyler just hates having to iron anything.  It's easier to just do it for him than listen to him try to con or talk me into doing it or to risk a disaster letting him loose with the iron. He has burned his clothes before and he once burned his hand after he repositioned the shirt and wasn't paying attention and grabbed the iron by the sole plate instead of the handle. I nearly gave myself a stroke trying not to laugh. It was such a blonde, dumbass  thing for him to do but he actually had burned his hand and hurt himself so I couldn't laugh at him as bad as I wanted to.
Wow, just wow. I'm amazed.
I guess it's a cultural difference between you and me. Things like that would not happened around here.
La dolce vita
  •