Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hi everyone!

Started by Swedishgirl96, November 27, 2018, 12:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swedishgirl96

Hii :)

I'm new to this site although I think I have visited it a couple of times during the years. But never as a member.

My name is Josefin and I'm a 22 years old trans girl. I live in south Sweden and Sweden is located in Europe if somebody does not know that. Now during the winter times it is very cold and dark here but it is a beautiful country and people av very progressive and tolerant. It is very nice.

I was born as a boy and I have felt very misplaced in my body my entire life. I have never understood why I was not born female. When I was a little kid I was though very afraid of telling anyone about it. I remember having nightmares and fears about geting locked up at a mental institotion if I told anyone. So I never dared to talk about my feelings and I was ashamed. I felt that I had to full fill what I thought was other peoples expectations on me. And I tried to do so for a long time. It is just recently that I have understood that my thoughts about other peoples expectations on me are just my own prejudgement. They where untrue, false and destructive.

But I never understood this as a kid so I kept my feelings to myself. Scared and sad. But I dreamed about the future. I thought that when I would become an adult I would certainly become the girl or woman that I am. I tried to live as good as I could because I was hoping for things to get better. I did not have all the answers but I had trust in the future.

The years went on and on and I was getting more and more sad and it effected me. Especially after puberty kicked in. I tried to deny to myself that it was happening. But I got more and more masculine. It was horrible. And I was getting more and more away from myself and more and more scared and frighten to talk about it. I more and more developed a facade, a persona that I thought would please my surroundings. But not being true to your self is horrible, when you are not yourself it is like going thru hell.

Eventually at the age of 20 I could not make it any longer. I still haven't been brave enough to tell anyone and I thought that my world would go under if I did. There where no logical thinking in this. Fear does not use logic. It locks you up and create all kinds of destructive ideas and emotions.

So when I could sustain my happy fake facade my friends started to notice it. I just could not function anymore. I could not hang out with friends, I could not do school work, I could not do anything. I had panic attacks and cried. Because I was so sad and so exhausted. So frighted and so evil to myself.

My closest friends wondered what was happening with me and one night they asked me straight out. And I just couldn't hide anymore. I tried to be as strong as possible and just nodded with the idea of me being a girl, a transgender person. It was very tough but at the same time it felt as if there where so much weight liften up from my shoulders. Pain and liberty in the same time. As a rebirth. Painful but beautiful.

My friends hugged me and said that they really loved me for who I am. That I was okay just the way that I am. For who I really am. They even felt that it was a little bit cool. I was so great full for them and for having them as friends. It felt so good. I am so thankful. Gosh where would I bee with out them.

So the months when by and I felt that I had to tell my family. This was so hard. I tried to tell them so many times but I just couldn't. So I wrote a letter and left it at home. And then I ran away. I just ran. It felt so strange and everything felt so slow. Like some. Hollywood movie effect. But it was real. I sent a text massage to my mother to read my letter when she came home. She did. She later replied that she always wanted a girl and that she loved me so much.

I cried. Did but did not dear to come home until it was in the middle of the night. When I knew she was asleep. The house felt so strange when I came home. It was completely dark and I sneaked to my room but the house felt so welcoming some how. Like a really good home. It was a very magical feeling.
Afterwards I asked my mother to tell the rest of my family. They all took it very good.

So I had to try to start to get things started now when I became true to myself.

In Sweden the we have government founded healthcare only. And the quality of the treatment is very very high but it is tough to get it. There are a lot of gatekeepers. It is a very bureaucratic system. And I knew this of course.

So I started to book an appointment with a nurse at a youth clinic. Because in Sweden we have youth clinics al across the country and there you can make appointments with doctors, nurses, psychologists and so on and it is free. They help youths between the ages of 15 and 23 with all kinds of things but they only do basic medical care. If you need more than that they send you to another clinic or the hospital.

Anyways I meet a nurse there and told him about my situation. The nurse sent me to a psychologist but she sent me to a psychiatrist before seeing me. So I told the psychiatrist about my situation. She wrote an referral to a gender identity clinic in Lund, a city in south of Sweden. So I went home very happy. Shortly after I got a letter from them that told me that the waiting time for care was at least 16 months at that time. I collapsed.
But soon I did as good as I could to make the best of it. I tried to check the queue to other gender identity clinics in Sweden and I soon found out that in our capital Stockholm the waiting time was "only" six months. So booked an appointment with my doctor and asked them to change my referral from Lund to Stockholm. He did.

Then begun a time of waiting. In the meantime I had several meetings with a therapist.

At the spring of this year I had my first meeting with my doctor at the gender identity clinic in Stockholm. They begun what we in Swedish call a gender identity investigation, in other words they begun to examine me, my health, my social and economical situation and my gender dysphoria. Also they wanted to know what kind of treatments I wanted.

My case was closed in late august of this year. Way sooner then I expected it to be but I was sooo happy. The doctor gave me the diagnosis "transgender" and told me that they did not se me as sick in any way but it is the only way to be able to get medical care. To have that diagnosis.

So they sent out referrals for removing unwanted hair, for hormone replacement therapy, for fertility-preserving treatment (freezing you know what), for trach shave surgery, speech therapist and for breast and genital surgery.

I have now done some blood testes, my fertility-preserving treatment and yeast day I had my first laser appointment. And it was so extremely painful but the nurse told me it was the worst the first time and it would get better. But it is so worth the pain. Not anyway near the mental pain that I have felt for such a long time. This was only short physical pain.
And in the next week I will have a phone call from my endocrinologist and will get prescription for hrt. I will begin as quickly as I can.

So this is just a little about me :)
Other than being a trans girl I am very interested in human behavior, fashion, design and architecture. I love to learn, listen and meet new people.

Sincerely
Josefin
La dolce vita
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Swedishgirl96
Dear Josefin:
    Thank you for coming to the Forums.
    I am most pleased that you had decided to join the Susan's Place site.

Please allow me to officially welcome you here.
    Thank you for writing your veru first posting.... your detailed and interesting Introduction will certainly spark conversation and sharing of thoughts with other members..... as you get more involved in exchanging comments on various posts other members will be along to offer their thoughts and comments in response to any of your specific questions and concerns..

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

dee82

Quote from: Swedishgirl96 on November 27, 2018, 12:41:46 PM
My closest friends wondered what was happening with me and one night they asked me straight out. And I just couldn't hide anymore. I tried to be as strong as possible and just nodded with the idea of me being a girl, a transgender person. It was very tough but at the same time it felt as if there where so much weight liften up from my shoulders. Pain and liberty in the same time. As a rebirth. Painful but beautiful.

My friends hugged me and said that they really loved me for who I am. That I was okay just the way that I am. For who I really am. They even felt that it was a little bit cool. I was so great full for them and for having them as friends. It felt so good. I am so thankful. Gosh where would I bee with out them.

So the months when by and I felt that I had to tell my family. This was so hard. I tried to tell them so many times but I just couldn't. So I wrote a letter and left it at home. And then I ran away. I just ran. It felt so strange and everything felt so slow. Like some. Hollywood movie effect. But it was real. I sent a text massage to my mother to read my letter when she came home. She did. She later replied that she always wanted a girl and that she loved me so much.

I cried. Did but did not dear to come home until it was in the middle of the night. When I knew she was asleep. The house felt so strange when I came home. It was completely dark and I sneaked to my room but the house felt so welcoming some how. Like a really good home. It was a very magical feeling.
Afterwards I asked my mother to tell the rest of my family. They all took it very good.

Hi Josefin,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience. You've had some tough times, but you are now well and truly on the journey to wholeness and love of yourself.

I am so happy that you got the waiting period down to six months, and that the gatekeepers have recognised who you are.

Your family and friends sound quite amazing, you are very lucky to have them. Your mother saying she always wanted brings happy tears to my eyes.

I am not that experienced, (and my journey quite differerent from yours, I waited so much longer before facing my true self) but I have been open for about the same length of time as you.

Here on the forums I know you will find a supportive community.

Welcome.

~Dee.
  •  

V M

Hi Josefin  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Susan R

QuoteMy friends hugged me and said that they really loved me for who I am. That I was okay just the way that I am. For who I really am. They even felt that it was a little bit cool. I was so great full for them and for having them as friends. It felt so good. I am so thankful. Gosh where would I bee with out them.

Hello Josefin, this part of your introduction filled me with intense emotions of happiness. I am so glad you experienced such love and acceptance.  We all desire this and it's a beautiful thing when it happens.

You have been so blessed with your discovery and continued support. This introduction was also very informative on how one experiences a journey in other countries.  My journey will likely depend on other financial factors that is not as much a factor in your country.  I Wish you continued happiness as you progress along your journey.

Thanks for sharing your story.  I look forward to hearing more.
Susan R🌷
Began HRT - Sept. 25, 2018
Out to all/Full time - May 19, 2019
  •  

Swedishgirl96

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 27, 2018, 12:53:24 PM
@Swedishgirl96
Dear Josefin:
    Thank you for coming to the Forums.
    I am most pleased that you had decided to join the Susan's Place site.

Please allow me to officially welcome you here.
    Thank you for writing your veru first posting.... your detailed and interesting Introduction will certainly spark conversation and sharing of thoughts with other members..... as you get more involved in exchanging comments on various posts other members will be along to offer their thoughts and comments in response to any of your specific questions and concerns..
Thank you for the warm welcome (:

La dolce vita
  •  

Swedishgirl96

Quote from: dee82 on November 27, 2018, 01:37:36 PM
Hi Josefin,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience. You've had some tough times, but you are now well and truly on the journey to wholeness and love of yourself.

I am so happy that you got the waiting period down to six months, and that the gatekeepers have recognised who you are.

Your family and friends sound quite amazing, you are very lucky to have them. Your mother saying she always wanted brings happy tears to my eyes.

I am not that experienced, (and my journey quite differerent from yours, I waited so much longer before facing my true self) but I have been open for about the same length of time as you.

Here on the forums I know you will find a supportive community.

Welcome.

~Dee.
I am very thankful for my friends and for my family. Love them all so much. I believe and hope that we, the whole of humanity, goes in a more tolerant, loving and inclusive direction.

Im also very thankful for places like this. Here are so many people with so much knowledge and understanding.
It makes this space not only safe but very beautiful.

So thank you for welcoming me and you for being a part of an important conversation, I hope many more will follow :)
La dolce vita
  •  

Swedishgirl96

Quote from: V M on November 27, 2018, 01:41:17 PM
Hi Josefin  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
Hi! :)
Thank you for welcoming me (:
La dolce vita
  •  

Swedishgirl96

Quote from: Susan R on November 27, 2018, 07:52:20 PM
Hello Josefin, this part of your introduction filled me with intense emotions of happiness. I am so glad you experienced such love and acceptance.  We all desire this and it's a beautiful thing when it happens.

You have been so blessed with your discovery and continued support. This introduction was also very informative on how one experiences a journey in other countries.  My journey will likely depend on other financial factors that is not as much a factor in your country.  I Wish you continued happiness as you progress along your journey.

Thanks for sharing your story.  I look forward to hearing more.
Susan R🌷
Im very touched by the fact that my short story caused you such strong emotions. I really agree, everybody should bee meet with love and acceptance. It is actually so crazy that it is not like that for everyone. Why do humans do such cruel things to each other? It is beyond my understanding.

I agree with you, it is interesting to understand how the situations are different in different countries. I don't really know how things work outside of Sweden. But I hope to learn more.  :)

I will continue to share my story step by step. I really look so much forward to it and I can't really understand anymore how I could treat myself so bad in the past. How could it actually be that I did not respect myself, how could it be that I did not listen to myself and my needs. How could I treat myself like that. It is so weird.

Once again thank you for welcoming me :)
La dolce vita
  •  

Tj87

Hei Josefin

Fint å se noen andre scandinaviere her.
Ble veldig rørt av å lese historien din og glad for å høre at alt begynner å komme igang:)
Jeg har også hatt mange av de samme følelsene som du har hatt men jeg turte ikke å gjøre noe med dem.
Så ble så glad når jeg leste at du hadde fortalt venner å familie.

håper å høre mere fra deg og opplevelsene dine i fremtiden.

Kramar

Tiril
  •  

Swedishgirl96

Quote from: Tj87 on December 30, 2018, 04:10:37 PM
Hei Josefin

Fint å se noen andre scandinaviere her.
Ble veldig rørt av å lese historien din og glad for å høre at alt begynner å komme igang:)
Jeg har også hatt mange av de samme følelsene som du har hatt men jeg turte ikke å gjøre noe med dem.
Så ble så glad når jeg leste at du hadde fortalt venner å familie.

håper å høre mere fra deg og opplevelsene dine i fremtiden.

Kramar

Tiril
Heej!

Javisst är det kul med lite skandinavisk aktivitet här!
Det där med att finna mod till att lyssna till sina känslor kan vara något väldigt svårt.
Så jag förstår vad du menar och går genom.

Tack för att du skriver här!
Jag kommer att fortsätta uppdatera här framöver om hur det går för mig. Jag tänker att man vet aldrig vem som läser och hur viktigt det kan vara för någon annan att dela våra upplevelser och ord.

Kram!
La dolce vita
  •  

Tj87

Ja det kan være vanskelig å forstå alle følelsene.
Spesielt når de ikke er så konkrete.
Men det skal jeg jobbe med inn i det nye året :)

Håper du får en fin kveld idag og ønsker deg et riktig godt nytt år med masse glede og fine opplevelser :-*

Kram
  •