News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Antidepressants and transition

Started by Swedishgirl96, December 01, 2018, 10:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: Allison S on December 21, 2018, 09:43:54 AM
I haven't used any medications besides hrt.  My doctors, psychiatrists, and therapists over the past year and a half have recommended I try antidepressants.  This past year my depression has been pretty bad and I've been unemployed all year.  I see a psychiatrist in a few weeks and they'll probably prescribe me meds again, so I'll have to decide soon if I'll take them or not.
I think if you can solve the unemployed situation, the depressions will go away.  I was lucky, and have never been unemployed my entire life, but talking to people who have been, it is really bad for the self worthiness feeling of a person.

I hope you can find a job pretty soon, and pull yourself out of the depression again!

I wish you loots of luck!

Hugs
Linde
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

sarah1972

I am on two antidepressants right now to handle some of my work-induced anxiety and depression. One worked well to lift my mood but did not result back in the focus I need for work.

The second one (Bupropion) is the one I am not too happy about. I have more energy and focus but at the same time, it brought back some of the old anger I had along with not feeling as feminine as I used to feel. I called my doctor about it and they are looking into different options now. I am partially back to the person I never wanted to be again in my entire life. If it does not change, I have to carefully stop it.

Hugs,

~S

•  

DawnOday

I've been on anti-depressants for thirty years and I still was depressed. Prozac, Citalopram, Wellbutern. However I made a breakthrough when I started Estradiol and I no longer have depression on a long term basis. If I do get depressed it usually goes away quickly and I have not reported a depressive incident in over a year.  Also coming out has done much to ease the depression as I no longer have to harbor secrets.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Dietlind on December 21, 2018, 10:02:51 AM
I think if you can solve the unemployed situation, the depressions will go away.  I was lucky, and have never been unemployed my entire life, but talking to people who have been, it is really bad for the self worthiness feeling of a person.

I hope you can find a job pretty soon, and pull yourself out of the depression again!

I wish you loots of luck!

Hugs
Linde

Yeah, I think you're right about that!  I need the money and my independence back for sure. 
  •  

Maid Marion

I had a partner that needed Lexapro for separation anxiety.  It was effective enough that she was able to travel for a few weeks to cross off a bucket list item.
  •