Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Journey of Katie Ellen

Started by Katie Ellen, January 02, 2019, 11:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie Ellen

Still not feeling good about myself. I feel like I can't go forward, but I know I can't stay the way I am! Something's got to give and I'm concerned that it might be my health.
Katie Ellen
  •  

davina61

Grasp the nettle dear, do it hard enough and it wont sting.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Katie Ellen

Last evening, I attended a group Zoom meeting for vaginoplasty, that was a requirement to schedule an individual consultation session. From what a previous attendee had told me, I expected maybe 5-10 other people plus the doctors to be involved. After logging in, it was stated that there would be 40-50 potential patients involved. I was really nervous about attending because I expected most, if not all, of the others to be much younger and more "passable" than myself. I was certain that I would feel way out of place and was just hoping that I could make it through. I was prepared to just give this whole thing up if it went terrible.

I was really surprised to see that a vast majority of the others were definitely over 50. Maybe 5-10 were under 35. I think I was the oldest one, but without trying to brag, there were some that seemed a lot older looking than I did. I did not make a tremendous effort to make myself look good. Just some light concealer and bronzer, very light eye makeup, and tinted ChapStick. I'm actually starting to believe that HRT has been good to me? I don't think a lot of the others had as much experience as I do with attending Zoom meetings, so that probably didn't help how they appeared. It also took two screens to view everyone, so they weren't the largest images. But you could still see everyone pretty well.

Most of the meeting addressed full vaginoplasty. I'm definitely going the zero depth route, so a lot of the discussion didn't apply to me. I did ask some specific questions that pertain to my goals. Overall, I felt a lot more confident about myself after the meeting and that this is really what I want to do. It's amazing how silly our fears can be and how much a little confidence can make you feel 100% better! Finally, a good day!

Katie Ellen

Northern Star Girl

@Katie Ellen
Dear Katie Ellen

A wonderful report and update....
....  you are on your way and I am very happy for you that
your group meeting went so very well for you.

I will be looking forward to you continued updates and postings.. 

HUGS, Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •