Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Got Switched to the Injections and No One Has it

Started by Reyes, December 26, 2018, 04:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luckygirl

Can't argue with zero. Good on Humana for providing real Insurance. Good luck. You're gonna like EV IM.
  •  

GordonG

I just asked my pharmacy if the injectable is available, and they said yes. That wasn't the case a few months ago. I'm going to talk to my doctor about switching.
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Reyes on December 31, 2018, 03:54:44 PM
My dad went to the pharmacy to pick up my other pills that they had, and it turns out they got my EC like fifteen minutes before he got there :D So yay! :D

They won't have the syringes in till wednesday, or later, but I got the estrogen at least. :)

Quick question about it though, do I have to keep it refrigerated?

Nope, no refrigeration necessary on that stuff. Just keep it from getting super hot and you'll be fine.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Reyes

Okay I just did my first subq injection, and I just wanted to ask, how can I be sure I managed to inject it into the fat and not deeper? I mean it didn't hurt at all, so I'm guessing I only injected into the fat, but I'm not a hundred percent sure. How can I tell?
Sunday, November 15th 2015/Sunday, August 7th 2016/Wednesday, May 10th 2017 x2

•  

Reyes

OKAY. Another bit of a problem. I, sorta, kinda took more then I was supposed to and now I'm kinda worried. I'm okay right? Like I'm not gonna have some major side effects now am I?

•  

Dena

It depends on how much you missed your dosage by. It the mistake was small, like less than 50%, probably you shouldn't have any problems. If it was larger than that, you could have problems. It would be best for you to contact your doctor tomorrow and verify what to do because you may need to delay you next injection until your levels return to the correct range.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Reyes

Quote from: Dena on January 03, 2019, 12:43:06 AM
It depends on how much you missed your dosage by. It the mistake was small, like less than 50%, probably you shouldn't have any problems. If it was larger than that, you could have problems. It would be best for you to contact your doctor tomorrow and verify what to do because you may need to delay you next injection until your levels return to the correct range.
I kinda took three times as much as was prescribed...

Basically lets just say, using a method I hope won't get me in trouble, I was told to eat half an apple, but I ended up eating one and a half by mistake.

•  

CindyLouFromCO

Quote from: Reyes on January 03, 2019, 11:02:58 AM

You're doing IM injections?  Are doing EV, EC or DV?

You're probably ok.  Women that get pregnant can have estrogen levels in the thousands. 

I would skip your next dose.

You should probably call your doctor though to be safe since we can't talk dosages here.
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Reyes on January 03, 2019, 11:02:58 AM

Basically lets just say, using a method I hope won't get me in trouble, I was told to eat half an apple, but I ended up eating one and a half by mistake.

So basically you'll have lots of apples now in the first week of the month, and none for the last week, which I'm sure you'll find unpleasant.
  •  

Jaime320

Quote from: Devlyn on January 03, 2019, 11:12:28 AM
So basically you'll have lots of apples now in the first week of the month, and none for the last week, which I'm sure you'll find unpleasant.

:o :D ;D I don't know why this made me giggle but, what @Devlyn said and call your doc.
  •  

Reyes

I actually do it subq not IM.

And thanks for the replies, they really make me feel a lot better.

As for my doctor, I called her about 4 hours ago and left a message telling her about what I did, with the promise that she'd call back, but still nothing.

•  

luckygirl

As Cindy says, you can slam a bunch of this stuff and as long as you don't inject into a vein, no harm done. At worst you may get a headache or a little nausea.
  •  

Dena

We have a member who under doctors supervision received a fairly high injectable dosage of estradiol. She posted that her breast growth was minimal. After having that dosage for over a year, she reduced the dosage and started developing. I don't have a hard proof, but it appears that more isn't alway better when it comes to estradiol.

On the other hand, I am an old hand at HRT and had about 20 years of treatment. When I resumed HRT, I went from Premarin to estradiol but I only received a half dosage. Even at a reduced dosage, I gained another cup size, am seeing facial changes and my legs are gaining shape. I suspect that this is due to the fact that estradiol may be more effective, at least with me than Premarin. The dosage definitely isn't a factor.

There isn't any hurry up. Like a CIS woman, this takes time.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Reyes

Quote from: Dena on January 03, 2019, 02:17:22 PM
We have a member who under doctors supervision received a fairly high injectable dosage of estradiol. She posted that her breast growth was minimal. After having that dosage for over a year, she reduced the dosage and started developing. I don't have a hard proof, but it appears that more isn't alway better when it comes to estradiol.

On the other hand, I am an old hand at HRT and had about 20 years of treatment. When I resumed HRT, I went from Premarin to estradiol but I only received a half dosage. Even at a reduced dosage, I gained another cup size, am seeing facial changes and my legs are gaining shape. I suspect that this is due to the fact that estradiol may be more effective, at least with me than Premarin. The dosage definitely isn't a factor.

There isn't any hurry up. Like a CIS woman, this takes time.
Oh I didn't do this in an attempt to speed things up, I actually did think that she had prescribed me the amount I used every two weeks. It wasn't until I looked at the box again later that I saw I was wrong.

Also, a small very faint dark discoloration has appeared on my stomach around where I injected it. That's just bruising right?

•