Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Here I go 3

Started by Laurie, January 03, 2019, 10:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnneK

Quote from: MaryT on January 09, 2019, 03:44:35 PM
Perhaps you could get your number of reputation points back

With Laurie's reputation, she might not want them.   ;)
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: MaryT on January 09, 2019, 03:44:35 PM
Glad that the news is good.  Perhaps you could get your number of reputation points back, even if the comments have disappeared.

Thank you Mary.  As I told Jessica, I will not ask the one person on this site that could fix the things lost from my account. These annoyances can serve to keep the ire I feel stoked. Besides when it comes down to it, though I am glad this site is here, it is not the hardware or the owner of said hardware, or karma points that make this site good. It is the forums administrator, the moderators, the greeters, and the people that post here that make this site wonderful and unlike any other on the internet. This is what I am grateful for. This is why I have come back.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Laurie

A couple of days ago I received a prescription from the VA in the mail. When I checked who it was for it didn't register, but when I looked on the bottle label it hit me... It had my name on it as did the paperwork that came with it. The VA had finally change my name in their system! When I was online at the VA website I saw that it also had been changed.  There should be no more misnaming me at appointments now. YAY!
  Now to see about getting my VA ID changed Picture and name.

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Laurie on January 17, 2019, 09:18:51 PM
   A couple of days ago I received a prescription from the VA in the mail. When I checked who it was for it didn't register, but when I looked on the bottle label it hit me... It had my name on it as did the paperwork that came with it. The VA had finally change my name in their system! When I was online at the VA website I saw that it also had been changed.  There should be no more misnaming me at appointments now. YAY!

That certainly made you smile...YAY!

That ID should be easy now, and the picture will be of a lovely lady.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Laurie on January 17, 2019, 09:18:51 PM
@Laurie
Dear Laurie:
I am so very happy for you... success in getting your name and gender successfully changed with the VA Pharmacy.
Now the next challenge as you stated is the VA ID card....

I will be eagerly looking for your postive report soon.

Thank you for sharing and posting...
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Shy

Great news Laurie, I'm happy for you :)

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Anne Blake

Laurie,

That is indeed good news. So much fun to see the name, so much better to hear them call out, "Laurie", the doctor will see you now!

Tia Anne
  •  

Laurie

Thank you all for the nice words. Yes, it will be nice to hear my correct name being called when at the VA from not on.

Speaking of names being called to see the doc, I heard mine this morning at the Kaiser clinic this morning. I had scheduled a medicare wellness appointment to meet my newly selected Kaiser PCP. When your old enough medicare pays for one each year. Since it wouldn't cost me anything, I used it as a meet and greet opportunity. She is a family medicine doctor with little exposure to the transgender community. I figure that is a good thing as I can serve as a reason for her to become more knowledgeable about our community. I do not really have a need for a PCP with Kaiser as I get most of my health care through the VA (but that could change if the pres gets his way). I enrolled with Kaiser for transgender care not available through the VA. Besides Kaiser likes you to have one.
  I filled out the questionnaire leaving the mammogram and pap smear dates blank. I provided them a listing of all my meds with dosages and a CD with my complete VA medical history on it. I had downloaded it and burned the CD last night. The doc came in and she asked several health related questions as per the routine. I explained to her that my VA oncologist feels I do not need colonoscopies or mammograms due to my regular full abdominal CT scans. They should catch anything growing within me that should not be there. Of course pap smears are unnecessary at this time. Near the end she asked me what it was I wanted from her since I would be getting most of my care through the Gender Pathfinder's clinic and the VA. I told her Kaiser likes their patients to have a Kaiser PCP, I would likely use the local clinic for urgent care needs as needed, and I consider her services as a backup to the VA care. She seemed okay with those reasons. She then checked my heart beating and my breathing and that was about it.
  I feel as though I am collecting medical professionals. Lets see; I have a GP, PCP, Doctor at the gender clinic, an oncologist, an therapist psychiatric nurse practitioner, a surgery coordinator, a kaiser navigator, and soon a GCS surgeon. oy vey!

Laurie

•  

davina61

Nearly a full set !!!! good to see things are turning out fine for you.  ( your my favourite but don't tell the others as they might get jealous !) 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on January 19, 2019, 02:33:16 PM
Nearly a full set !!!! good to see things are turning out fine for you.  ( your my favourite but don't tell the others as they might get jealous !)

LMAO Davinia.  Don't you have a high rear overhead to weld on?

•  

davina61

Cant weld wood ( I have tried!!)
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Laurie

Musings

I still wonder what the hell I am doing, wonder if what I have already done are the right things.  About all I know about it is that I am doing it. The only step I was sure about is that I was going to start taking female hormones. It is still the only thing I have been sure of. For the rest, I just thought they were the next thing to do. So I told my GP and went with it ,and started therapy. Coming out to my daughter and others. Getting surprised that I was doing full time and had no reason to stop. Applying for my name change. obtaining letters and submitting them for GCS. None of these were done without a lot of thought and none of those thoughts resulted in a conclusion that it was the right thing to do. No, I was just as unsure as ever. In the end they either happened as a result of taking a step in that direction and they have just progressed forward from there. Or they just kind of happened and I went along with it. Being full time just seemed to happen all by itself. My name change was the result of me putting the paperwork in and paying my money. I thought I had time to change my mind, but the next thing I knew it was done. It looks like my GCS is going to be the same thing. I joined Kaiser to open the door to possible surgeries. The very first time I talked to the doc at their gender clinic she asked what I want from them and I said I was thinking of different surgeries, possibly FFS, VFS, and GCS and she wrote down that I wanted GCS. The other two were not covered. I thought okay Sounds good, I want GCS. I went along with it by providing her what she told me I needed to do and the referral to the surgeon went in. I am just going along for the ride to see where it takes me. In my mind I didn't actually make that decision. It just kind of happened. There's still time to change my mind or perhaps circumstances will occur to interrupt the process flow and it won't happen. I will go with whatever happens.  Is what I am doing right? Or is it wrong? I honestly don't know. I see no reason in my life to not do it, So if the flow continues I will be having GCS. If something interrupts the flow I won't. One thing I have come to understand is that there is no going back. I have lost too much to turn around. The emotional cost has been too much. I would rather die than think I've come this far for nothing. I am still damaged inside and I fear nothing is ever going to fix it. If I think about it, I hurt. I try not to think about it. I box it up and put it on a shelf in the shadows. But I know it is there. It's always there.

•  

Dena

Remember that at any point you can say no. The fact that you haven't is a decision in its self. The one question you have to answer is are you the happiest you have ever been. If you are, you're making the right decision. if your not happy, you need to work this out with your therapist.

Sometime even when we are transitioning we fall into a pattern taking one day at a time. It helps to look back and see just how far we have come to put things in perspective. Might be a good time to contemplate your navel.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

davina61

I always say go with the flow
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Laurie

Nothing really going on here. I am just going to ramble a bit. I think it is a shame but since stepping down from being a mod I find my connection here waning. I enjoyed being a part of this site after I joined. I made friends, something I never had many of irl. I liked having friends and I found myself opening up and caring for some of you though we had never met. Something I was never really able to do before. Even with the few real life friends I had, I could never be myself. Likely it was the anonymity of the internet or perhaps the type of site, but it doesn't matter here I could be myself with you. I formed bonds with you and we lent each other support as best we could. we shared our thoughts, our knowledge, theories, and opinions. But IRL I was still a loner hidden in my dark closet, safe. with your help I started coming of into the light of day. Okay, okay the first few time out as myself were after dark but I was venturing out. I did make it out during day light to visit Tessa James. An oddly lovable non-binary queer type for the Astoria pride events. Where I found myself thrust into the public eye and meeting people as myself. I survived and have visited them many times since she hasn't changed and I hope she never does. We have a IRL bond now.
  As is my won't I decided to make a road trip to Maine, the only state I had never been in. Happy Moni told me she would like to meet when I was out her way if possible. That idea led me to ask if there were others who would like to meet with me along the way out or back. I gathered names and addresses and said I would see if we could get together when I was in their areas. Well to make a long story short I met with 9 out of the 10 other site members and had made the trip completely as myself with the exception of 2 days. I met a made a bond with each of these online folks that I shall never forget. There have been other road trips and other friends met and bonded with. I now have met over forty of you folk IRL and love you all.
  I still have folk on here that I would love to meet and bond with. I know I cannot meet all of you though.  I consider all of you my friends. Some I have bonded with as much here online as those I have met IRL. I thank you all for being my friends.
  I was approached to become a moderator and I declined. Several times. But the seed was planted and I got curious what moderators did. It was like a secret or something and the only way I could find out was to agree to give it a try. So I did. I can tell you it really isn't a lot of fun but I did enjoy doing it. It gave me a feel of doing something for this site and for all of our members. The main job i did as part of the forum staff was to follow the rules myself and help keep this site as friendly, safe, and fair site by seeing that everyone not only followed the rules but felt welcome and wanted here. I think I did my best and was a fair moderator. I felt satisfaction in doing the job while still being a part of the membership family. Due to a disagreement I felt it would be best to step down and I did so.
  Since stepping down I have gone through anger, and feelings of having been wronged and I think possibly betrayed. I need not go into that further. I feel a sense of loss for I did like being of help to the staff. I have lost what was to me an important connection with this site. It has affected my feeling of being a vital part of the site. I visit almost daily but no where near as much as I used to and if I don't visit here it hasn't really mattered much. When I am here I read the posts of friends and then read another. I seldom post and that is mostly when I feel I really need to say something to that friend. That they really need for someone to reach out to them. But i do not really participate in conversations anymore. I haven't even got anything worth saying in my 2 threads. This on and the road to gcs. My story is just not going anywhere. I have nothing to say, no will to participate, no satisfying job, no joy in the site. My connection is fading away. I will probably still come visit and I will likely post, if I see a need. But I think it is more like  "So long and thanks for all the fish"

•  

Faith

oh while you may wander away from the forums you cannot leave our hearts.
:-* :icon_hug: :-*
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Jessica

You will always be our "Wandering Waif" and the best sister anyone could find.
If it hadn't been for you I may never have stayed here past the first month.

Hugs, little sis

cc: @Laurie

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

Worthless update:

Went to Michelle's to assist and love her for a month. Visited with Jess one day. Drove Michelle home from San Francisco one evening. Cooked meals and ate meals. Came home for routine doctor and electrolysis appointments.

(not in any particular order)

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on March 24, 2019, 10:35:14 PM
Worthless update:

Went to Michelle's to assist and love her for a month. Visited with Jess one day. Drove Michelle home from San Francisco one evening. Cooked meals and ate meals. Came home for routine doctor and electrolysis appointments.

(not in any particular order)

Left out a few details...  ;)

Not even going to mention the special dessert I fixed for you?   >:-)
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 25, 2019, 01:18:19 AM
Left out a few details...  ;)

Not even going to mention the special dessert I fixed for you?   >:-)

Tease!!
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •