Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

For those who became skinny during transition, did you lose the broad chest?

Started by sarahc, February 25, 2019, 01:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahc

I have made significant progress in losing a lot of weight over the last several months, going from 215 pounds to 167 pounds. (Yay!) And I have lose a lot breadth everywhere: underbust (yay!), waist (yay!), AND hips (boo!). But I'm still awfully broad...my underbust is 37 inches at my current weight - I've only lost 3" in underbust through the weight loss.

Now I have only been on HRT for a little more than a month, so I have some potential from HRT. I also think I can healthily get down to 145-150 pounds. That being said, I really wonder how much chest breadth I can lose, because I am 46 years old and so I have been on testosterone for a long time.

Anyway, would love to hear from others who have lost a lot a lot weight and gotten down to a 29-30" waist whether they lost a lot of chest breadth as well...or if the rib bones are there and there just isn't much you can do about chest breadth.

Sarah
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

Ritana

You may lose some muscle volume around the shoulders resulting a small loss of shoulders width during the process of weight loss. However you will equally lose with in terms of the hips so the proportion we remained more or less the same. Remember that what makes male  shoulders wide is not wait it's the bone structure which sadly  is not affected by hormone therapy or weight loss!
A post-op woman
  •  

tgirlamg

Hi Sarah!

Patience Girl!!!... Let the magic happen!!!... i was low body fat but pretty muscled in upper body from years of surfing... the last of the back and chest muscle took a couple years to completely fall away but most did by the end of the first year... my underbust is 30.5" now... i think it started around 37... Percieved shoulder width will improve with muscle loss but, as Ritana said... at the end of the day our individual bone structure call some of the shots

As always YMMV but, again... Patience  :) :)

Onward we go brave sister!!!

Hugs!!!

Ashley

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

tgirlamg

Hey Sarah...

I should have added as far as shoulder / upper body width... before HRT, I needed a size 10 usually in a top if it was made of non stretchy material... I am now usually a size 6 in tops and dresses and... a 4 in pants... My starting weight was around 165-170 and I am now 134

Patience patience patience!!!

All shall be well 🌸🙏💕
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

•  

Dana Thompson

I hope so but I'm not hopeful. I'm only three months on hormones, but in the last 6 months I've gone from 198 to 160. My ribs aren't stark or anything but they are clearly visible and my under-bust is 35. I'd love to get below 30 but I don't see how it's possible. Maybe through the loss of back muscle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Dana Thompson on February 25, 2019, 06:56:11 PM
I hope so but I'm not hopeful. I'm only three months on hormones, but in the last 6 months I've gone from 198 to 160. My ribs aren't stark or anything but they are clearly visible and my under-bust is 35. I'd love to get below 30 but I don't see how it's possible. Maybe through the loss of back muscle?

Dana!!!

Hello dear sister!!!

The back muscle was the last to to go on me and I would say it wasn't all gone until between the 2 and 3 year mark... closer to 3!!!

Hugs!!!

A 🙋‍♀️🌸

•  

sarahc

Quote from: tgirlamg on February 25, 2019, 06:55:42 PM
Hey Sarah...

I should have added as far as shoulder / upper body width... before HRT, I needed a size 10 usually in a top if it was made of non stretchy material... I am now usually a size 6 in tops and dresses and... a 4 in pants... My starting weight was around 165-170 and I am now 134

Patience patience patience!!!

All shall be well 🌸🙏💕

Thanks, Ashley! I'm so glad you replied (you're so beautiful!). Your response gives me some hope...I'm at 167 and wear a size 12 in tops and size 8 bottoms. So if I can duplicate your weight loss, that gives me a sense of what's possible (although I'm not not sure if I can get down to 134 pounds, but maybe 140 pounds is possible). If I ended up a size 8 in tops, and size 6 bottoms that would be awesome...I do realize that I will need to be patient, however, to allow HRT to help things shrink.

Best,
Sarah
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

Dana Thompson

Quote from: tgirlamg on February 25, 2019, 07:05:50 PM
Dana!!!

Hello dear sister!!!

The back muscle was the last to to go on me and I would say it wasn't all gone until between the 2 and 3 year mark... closer to 3!!!

Hugs!!!

A [emoji2320][emoji254]

Hi!

The muscle thing is tough for me right now. I still like to work out thought it's mostly cardio. I like to kickbox and that definitely works out shoulders and back.

I don't want to stop because I feel good after, but I'm so scared of staying bulky. I'm just hoping the spiro will work it's magic and keep muscle growth down.

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Dana Thompson on February 25, 2019, 07:31:17 PM
Hi!

The muscle thing is tough for me right now. I still like to work out thought it's mostly cardio. I like to kickbox and that definitely works out shoulders and back.

I don't want to stop because I feel good after, but I'm so scared of staying bulky. I'm just hoping the spiro will work it's magic and keep muscle growth down.

Dana

I don't surf like I used to so mostly my workout is running which, I Love!!!...So no real upper body stuff... We can get pretty stuck on our physical activity that we like so I totally understand! There is balance to all things and I have zero doubts that you will find a balance that serves your journey

Onward we go brave sister!!!

A 🙋‍♀️🌻💕

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: sarahc on February 25, 2019, 07:23:41 PM
Thanks, Ashley! I'm so glad you replied (you're so beautiful!). Your response gives me some hope...I'm at 167 and wear a size 12 in tops and size 8 bottoms. So if I can duplicate your weight loss, that gives me a sense of what's possible (although I'm not not sure if I can get down to 134 pounds, but maybe 140 pounds is possible). If I ended up a size 8 in tops, and size 6 bottoms that would be awesome...I do realize that I will need to be patient, however, to allow HRT to help things shrink.

Best,
Sarah

Thanks for the sweet words Sarah!

I was a 12 in some brands...I hung out in the low 140s for a long time and the dip into the mid 130s started maybe, 16 to 18 months ago? ... somewhere in there!... I am 5 years and a couple months into HRT and GRS was at the year and 5 months mark...

Patience is  our friend!!!!!

Please.et me know if I can ever be of help as you continue to move forward dear sister!!!!

Onward we go!!!

Ashley🙋‍♀️💕🌻

•