Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Jobs For An English Degree

Started by MadisonJoan, January 09, 2019, 10:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadisonJoan

I wonder what jobs hire someone with an associate's degree in English.  I would like to get one.  Also I might want to be a writer.
Wait'll they get a load of me!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Go to Japan or China and teach English.  They usually need teachers.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

MadisonJoan

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 09, 2019, 10:23:16 AM

Chrissy

Good idea.
  •  

MadisonJoan

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 09, 2019, 10:23:16 AM

Chrissy

Problem is that I don't know Chinese or Japanese.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: MadisonJoan on January 09, 2019, 10:24:52 AM
Problem is that I don't know Chinese or Japanese.

You could learn.  Most students in many schools can speak English.  You would help them get more proficient with speaking, reading, and writing.  If you learn a foreign language, you can return to the mainland as an interpreter for that language.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

All the technical writers at work had an English language degree.  The developers/designer gave them the information on the details, and they converted it into an understandable version of language!
This would go a long way down your desire to be a writer!

Check with larger technology/scientific companies in your area, they may need technical writers!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•