Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I’m 16 and I am very nervous and confused ;-;

Started by DarkShark, January 10, 2019, 12:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkShark

Hii!!!
As the title implies I am 16 =3

I posted more about this on a different part of the forum, but, I'm new here. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me? Just by answering some questions?
The thing is, I have been seeing a psychologist for the last few months, and she has told me that in my state(New York) it is extremely difficult for a minor to start HRT—that no endocrinologist in the area would be willing to let me. I asked a transgender girl I know online, and she told me that all I would need is written permission from a parent... I've been meaning to call the endo office and ask them.
Would anyone experienced in this be okay with answering some questions for me? It would help, a lot. I don't really know anyone who is trans, at least not anyone local...
  •  

Tessa James

Hey sweetheart, welcome to the Place.  Its way late in NY so you might wana check back later for more replies and ideas.  You may have been checking in and know how things work here but a moderator will be along shortly with an official welcome and some ideas about the terms of service TOS for this private site.  There are pathways for young people to get started with medications but your individual needs are what counts.  Yes, you are smart and know how to search for what you need and the tools are at your fingertips. 

Many of us clearly knew ourselves to be different than our assigned birth gender and puberty is a typical time for that holy crap what in the hell is happening, this is not right for me! sort of reaction.  You have the opportunity to live the majority of your life as who you truly are and I hope no one tries to stand in your way.

So check through the forums and resources here that can lead you to more resources and real assistance.  Good luck
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Astxl

The first step before to begin the hormonal treatment is to go with a therapist or psychiatrist, who will give you the hormonal pass to confirm that yours is not a phase and it is something permanent, besides it is not difficult for your parents to sign for you to start the treatment hormone in your country or yes?

I thought that in those types of cities in the United States were more advanced than in my country, LOL :v???
  •