Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you sometimes wear clips/barrettes in your hair to keep it out of your face?

Started by ChrissyRyan, January 18, 2019, 12:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NancyDrew1930

I've been wearing bobby pins and barrettes lately.  Some people have told me that I might've gone overboard with the number of bobby pins that I have in my hair (and others, because I'm still presenting as male) wonder why I don't just get a male hair cut, however, I like styling my hair, and I think it's been making me look younger.
  •  

D'Amalie

I wear head bands for the most part.  They are hard to find though these days that don't look like they belong on a little girl. 

The plastic ones are best, yet break fairly easily and the wire ones hurt after a bit.  Elastic ones get uncomfortably hot and itchy.  I haven't tried barrettes.  Maybe soon?  Clips might be an option if my hair was longer.  I look to when my hair gains enough length to braid or plait.  I dislike hair spray, 'cause either it's to stiff and looks it, or is too soft and won't hold very long.  What's a girl to do?

If I keep a band in place while my hair is drying, I can take it out and the resulting waves keep it out of my face unless its windy.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

big kim

•  

Oldandcreaky

I don't, but I should. I used to wear scrunchies, but now I make do with a baseball cap.
  •  

Donica

I wear one in the shower just to hold my hair up. Due to a botched hairline advancement, when I'm out in public, I usually wear hats, or clip-in bangs. That reminds me, I need to get a trim.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I enjoy wearing hair adornments.  They can be fashion fun and certainly practical too.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •