Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Music you are listening to now 5.0

Started by MadisonJoan, January 06, 2019, 08:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shay9999

I've been SO into Doja Cat lately.

If you ever feel like you're unloved, message me. Reach out to me. Seriously. I love you. I'll listen to everything to need to say. I'm running on California time, and I'm a full time student, so if you're expecting a reply, please be patient. But I'll always reply. Thinking of you.
  •  

TicTac

For whatever reason, I find this type of music to be great to zone out to  :laugh: But I guess this is what I was listening to today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxE-bjP-U8g&list=LL6Xzfq9l4-eHR4zsXdeDXcw&index=11&t=0s
  •  

Jenn104

Would it be politically incorrect of me to say "Let's do the time warp again" from Rocky Horror is an earworm today? Seeing all the old dates kinda feels like a time warp
"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

Jessica_Rose

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Susan

I've become thoroughly engrossed in Ren's musical world. His unpredictability is a constant surprise with each new song, offering an array of unique and captivating sounds. His music videos enhance this experience, boasting a cinematic quality that complements his musical style.

For a taste of his work, check out this song on Soundcloud: Fire by Ren. . You can explore more of Ren's music on both Ren's Youtube and Soundcloud.

Ren's introduction to the world, "Hi Ren," marked his unique style.

His latest album, 'Sick Boi,' achieved the #1 spot on the UK Album charts, an impressive feat considering it was accomplished without the backing of major record labels. Ren's talent can be likened to a modern-day Mozart. He writes his own beats, produces his tracks, and, with his creative team, shoots all his music videos, often on a budget. The quality of these productions is remarkable, showcasing his multifaceted artistic talent. He is known for his one-take video format, he's playing that video live.

But the primary purpose of this post was to let you know that I've integrated the ability to embed Soundcloud and Youtube links into our platform. I thought you might want to know!
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!

big kim

Meadows of Heaven by Nightwish. Would love to hear Floor Jansen singing this
  •  

Jenn104

Hyperpop on spotify!

Twenty-something enbies at work got me to listen to it and.. yeah, I can do that.
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

imallie

Lately been in the mood for some Dire Straits and Steely Dan, so playing those.

But also playing my way through the FOW (Fountains of Wayne) catalog for the first time in a few months.
  •  

Jenn104

I was talking to one of my daughters about musicals-- we're big broadway and dance fans. We got around to decomposing "Hair", so I rewatched. The last scene is resonating:

QuoteWe starve, look at one another short of breath
Walking proudly in our winter coats
Wearing smells from laboratories
Facing a dying nation of moving paper fantasy
Listening for the new told lies
With supreme visions of lonely tunes

- Shirley Chisolm

•  

D'Amalie

Hair - I remember it from back when it was released to theaters, then promptly forgot about it.  Well, forgotten until the eponymous song comes up occasionally.

So, I viewed the picture recently and was, as usually I am when I re watch something from years past, entertained and pulled back into time.  I remember the culture and the interactions with my hippie wannabe friends back then.

The last scene is a doozy.  I really do understand the sentiment and irony behind the scene, yet I want to know how Berger wasn't outed as an imposter.  Did you notice that the grave marker had Berger's correct name on it?  The US Army is so much of a bureaucratic organization, he'd have been found out before final Brigade movement OUTUS.  they would have shipped him back; not put an untrained soldier in the field.  Equally curios is how Claude was able to escape desertion charges, or maybe he didn't?

My wife says I have trouble with suspension of reality, go figure.
My Dad was a US Army lifer and I retired from the USN in 95.  So I get a kick out of directors who get military activities wrong in movies.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly

D'Amalie

At the moment, Lord of the Rings, Middle Earth Music & Ambiance.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

Jenn104

Quote from: D'Amalie on March 08, 2024, 09:56:56 AMHair - I remember it from back when it was released to theaters, then promptly forgot about it.  Well, forgotten until the eponymous song comes up occasionally.

So, I viewed the picture recently and was, as usually I am when I re watch something from years past, entertained and pulled back into time.  I remember the culture and the interactions with my hippie wannabe friends back then.

The last scene is a doozy.  I really do understand the sentiment and irony behind the scene, yet I want to know how Berger wasn't outed as an imposter.  Did you notice that the grave marker had Berger's correct name on it?  The US Army is so much of a bureaucratic organization, he'd have been found out before final Brigade movement OUTUS.  they would have shipped him back; not put an untrained soldier in the field.  Equally curios is how Claude was able to escape desertion charges, or maybe he didn't?

My Dad was a US Army lifer and I retired from the USN in 95.  So I get a kick out of directors who get military activities wrong in movies.

I interpret the conundrum of the final scene as the army not caring. The army saw Berger and Claude only as cogs in a machine, not individuals. Perhaps no desertion charges to avoid the scandal?

Regardless, some of the sentiments remain relevant.

- Shirley Chisolm

•  

D'Amalie

Most certainly!  You called it, sister.  The message of the film was definitely made over and over again.  thanks for bringing it up :)

Northern Star Girl

@D'Amalie
You are so very correct!!!  I agree.
Thank you for sharing and posting your thoughts.
HUGS, Danielle

Quote from: D'Amalie on March 08, 2024, 09:56:56 AM  {snipped text}

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Some groovy music from my youth , still sounds great today  :D

•  

Miharu Barbie

I play my guitar every day. It's so good for brain health.

I'm presently working hard to learn "Behind Blue Eyes" (Limp Bizkit version), "Ain't No Rest For The Wicked", and Jesse J's "Price Tag".

🎸
Miharu
Free your mind and your arse will follow

HRT:                         June 1998
Full Time For Good:     November 1998
Never Looking Back:  Now!
  •  

Jenn104

100 gecs

maybe the most random thing in my life -- hyperpop

- Shirley Chisolm

•  

CynthiaAnn

a little more contemporary, dreamy slide guitar outro, i love this band...

•