Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Sensation in mtf labia post op

Started by Megan., January 16, 2019, 04:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

For anyone who is post-op, to what extent do you have any sensation of touch in you inner and outer labia once fully recovered?

Given these are constructed from various parts of the penis/scrotum, I can't understand how they might have any effective nerve connections...

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Rachel

Hi Megan,

I have labia majora and have plenty of sensation. It was numb for a while post op but feeling regained over time. I did not have material to create labia minora. I have friends that had some issues with the minora from necropsy to not being symmetrical.  They went to different doctors so it sounds like a common issue. I know of two that are in the process of revisions on the labia minora.

I had a difficult GCS and a revision 1.5 years later and my labia majora was made much more prevalent. I have anther revision and that will finish off the bottom on the vagina. My surgeon is awesome.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

LizK

I am about 50 days and have very little to no touch sensation but am constantly getting what feels like neuropathic type pain as things are healing...

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Michelle_P

At 16 months post-op, I have good sensation across the vulva.  There was quite a bit of numbness that lingered as the swelling slowly went down, and one patch that was still numb a year post-op.  The tissue appears to lose sensation from both cut nerves and pressure on the nerves related to swelling.  Both of these appear to heal over time.

The brain eventually recognized the new 'layout' and I now correlate the sensations and locations correctly.  Sexually, I have also learned that much of that pleasure originates in the mind, and once I got my head in the 'right place' things started working better.  ;)
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Megan.

Tnx all [emoji4].

My surgeon had said that they will use penile skin for the inner labia and scrotal skin for the outer labia in my case.

As some have said, I guess nerves will reconnect as well blood supply.

I still have alot of numbness from my tummy/hernia operation (2 years post), so I'm a little concerned about having the same lack of sensation in my labia.

•  

Anne Blake

Megan, I am 16 months post op and still have a lot of numbness or lack of feeling in my Labia and in the area between my lips. I just had a shallow procedure with no secondary surgery for labia minora or clitoral hood. There has been some slow increase in tissue sensitivity with the key word being slow. My clitoris has been quite sensitive ever since surgery.
  •  

NatalieRene

I don't have any numbness at all. I don't recall it ever being numb but I remember not knowing what I was feeling for about the first month while my mind adjusted.
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Anne Blake on January 20, 2019, 07:17:49 PM
Megan, I am 16 months post op and still have a lot of numbness or lack of feeling in my Labia and in the area between my lips. I just had a shallow procedure with no secondary surgery for labia minora or clitoral hood. There has been some slow increase in tissue sensitivity with the key word being slow. My clitoris has been quite sensitive ever since surgery.
Tnx Anne, I'm also having a shallow depth op, so this is useful to read. X

•  

AutumnLeaves

I have full sensation in mine. I also had a "minimal depth" procedure, but I have everything externally I should have including labia minora and a clitoral hood, so I'm a bit puzzled by some of the other experiences I'm reading on here.
  •  

SadieBlake

I'm at 21 months post-op and I have great sensation in my outer labia I have really good sensation in the vaginal walls and I would say in my labia minora which are moderately prominent for a 1 stage procedure I don't have a lot of sensation. I more feel pressure there than touch
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Anne Blake

Hi Sadie, I like your description of feeling more pressure than touch is some areas. This well describes some of my re-formed parts.

AutumnLeaves, Some surgeons, Dr.s Meltzer and Ley included, choose to separate the complete gcs procedure into two parts. The two parts leave the creation of labia minora and the clitoral hood for the secondary procedure. They have lots of good reasons for doing it their way as do single phase surgeons for their choice of methods. I chose and very much like Dr. Ley but I am not critiquing or criticizing those that perform their gcs procedures differently.

Tia Anne
  •