Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Large shoe help please!

Started by Terra, May 16, 2019, 10:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terra

I did cross post this with /r/transfashionadvice and /r/MTF, because I have a friend who apparently is more eager to see me in a dress then even I am. ;p

So I went to the shoe store yesterday since my last pair of shoes didn't quite fit right. Found out that apparently I am supposed to be a size 15 woman's. But I forgot to ask about the width, and my male 14 shoes apparently have the wide (4E) manufacture tag.

So all of that said, I picked this shoe up at a size 16:

Carolbar Womens Shell Bohemian Flip-Flop Sandals
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QR861J8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm trying to get a nice shoe for dating/casual wear but at the same time this was one of the cheaper ones since this would be the first proper woman's shoe I have bought. But the issue is sandals may have more give and forgivness because less material (I hope at least), but I still need some proper dress shoes for professional wear. Right now I work as a CNA and really it doesn't matter as long as my feet are covered, and tennis shoes are pretty androgynous. But can anyone point me to some proper nice shoes or places that might be more likely to carry a 15-16 wide women's shoe?
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

Haley Conner

I noticed an online shoe store called "Long Tall Sally" that carries women's shoes up to size 15.  IMO, if you have large feet, heels are good.  They make your feet look smaller, but of course they also add extra height, so it's a trade-off.  Whatever you get, don't sacrifice comfort for price, and if you have trouble with heels, you can try wedges, which are a little more steady.  Chunky heels are very popular, and also easier to walk in than regular high heels.
  •  

Jessica

Last October during the 'Breast awareness' campaign, Saucony had some very pink running shoes in men's sizes.  Of course I grabbed a pair.  I would expect next October they will do the same.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Terra

Pink running shoes?...Well they certainly wouldn't get confused with men's shoes. ;p

Yeah the other issue is that I am somewhere around 6'4" (though HRT is supposed to shave off an inch or two). Heels...well maybe an inch at most. I suppose if I lose an inch to HRT I am no worse off by getting an inch from heels.

But that still leaves the issue with what size to get and getting it wide enough to actually fit. I will try Long Tall Sally, but I don't recall their having 15-16 wide. >.<
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

KimOct

Quote from: Haley Conner on May 16, 2019, 10:13:11 AM
I noticed an online shoe store called "Long Tall Sally" that carries women's shoes up to size 15.  IMO, if you have large feet, heels are good.  They make your feet look smaller, but of course they also add extra height, so it's a trade-off.  Whatever you get, don't sacrifice comfort for price, and if you have trouble with heels, you can try wedges, which are a little more steady.  Chunky heels are very popular, and also easier to walk in than regular high heels.

I am a big fan of Long Tall Sally.  I buy all my tops from there.  I am 6 2.  No problem with tops from LTS.   Bit pricey but I am very satisfied.  I was getting my shoes from Payless online.  Who would have thought.  I am between a 13 and 14. Sadly they are going out of business. 

DSW has some in my size.  Bottom line is once you get above size 11 or 12 you need to search the internet... a lot.  I feel badly for anyone above a 14.  There is a company named Shoes of Prey that makes custom women's shoes in any size and they look great but at about 3 times the normal price.
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •