Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

BBQ, BBQ or BBQ

Started by Megan., December 16, 2018, 12:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

Devlyn and I just enjoyed some homemade BBQ ribs for dinner. I used a SWEET BBQ sauce to mop them while they cooked in the oven.
BBQ sauces are many and varied,  do you have a preferred style or brand,  or perhaps you make you own?

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

Open Pit Original.
Sweet Baby Ray's.

None of the hot stuff.

Dark red, sweet, and mild only.

Store bought.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

This topic is bound to be locked!  :laugh:

She did good, I didn't know British people had the skill set for ribs!  :laugh:
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn on December 16, 2018, 12:23:58 PM
This topic is bound to be locked!  [emoji23]

She did good, I didn't know British people had the skill set for ribs!  [emoji23]
We can out-unhealthy anyone here in England!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Devlyn on December 16, 2018, 12:23:58 PM
This topic is bound to be locked!  :laugh:

She did good, I didn't know British people had the skill set for ribs!  :laugh:

What type of ribs did Megan cook up for you two?

Pork:   Spare and its St. Louis Style variant, baby back, country style
Beef:   Baby back, short, flanked.
Lamb, buffalo, venison, elk.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 16, 2018, 12:33:45 PM

What type of ribs did Megan cook up for you two?

Pork:   Spare and its St. Louis Style variant, baby back, country style
Beef:   Baby back, short, flanked.
Lamb, buffalo, venison, elk.
They were pork ribs (Costco).  We gave them 4 hours foil wrapped at 140C,  then another 45mins at 180C while regularly coating them with Heinz sweet bbq sauce.

•  

ChrissyRyan

How was that sauce?
I never tried it.  Just their ketchup and mustard.
  •  

davina61

OVEN!!! what not out in the yard under a brolly getting the charcoal to light-------- Have made own from tomato sauce and brown sauce (la la la have fingers in ears so cant hear you)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Megan. on December 16, 2018, 12:25:53 PM
We can out-unhealthy anyone here in England!

Yup, a huge hot dog yesterday and now the ribs.
But we certainly can enjoy food like that every once in awhile.

I am in the mood for some veal in a crust, the German food "Wiener Schnitzel."

Chrissy

•  

Megan.

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 16, 2018, 12:56:49 PM
How was that sauce?
I never tried it.  Just their ketchup and mustard.
It was good, caramelised nicely :-)

•  

Megan.

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 16, 2018, 01:01:27 PM

Yup, a huge hot dog yesterday and now the ribs.
But we certainly can enjoy food like that every once in awhile.

Chrissy

Ah yes Schnitzel, lol. We had that the night before the giant hot dog... Along with Bratwurst, Roast pork, German burgers, white sauerkraut, red sauerkraut,  fried potatoes, fries and chicken nuggets.

I did mention the out-unhealthy'ing didn't I???  Hehehe

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Megan. on December 16, 2018, 01:13:13 PM

Ah yes Schnitzel, lol. We had that the night before the giant hot dog... Along with Bratwurst, Roast pork, German burgers, white sauerkraut, red sauerkraut,  fried potatoes, fries and chicken nuggets.

Some good knockwurst (knackwurst) and bockwurst would be good too.

It all sounds yummy.  Do not forget the Brötchen.

Chrissy
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Megan. on December 16, 2018, 12:19:20 PM
Devlyn and I just enjoyed some homemade BBQ ribs for dinner. I used a SWEET BBQ sauce to mop them while they cooked in the oven.
BBQ sauces are many and varied,  do you have a preferred style or brand,  or perhaps you make you own?

I don't know if it's available in the UK, but my favorite is Sweet Baby Ray's. And in the oven? You don't have a smoker? Oh yeah, the UK.

When I was in England in 2003, the organizer of the event I took part in was so happy to have Americans there, he invited us to his home and bought a barbecue grill so he could could make steaks for us in the manner in which he considered us accustomed. It was a wonderful gesture, and the steaks actually came out quite well.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on December 16, 2018, 03:33:12 PM
I don't know if it's available in the UK, but my favorite is Sweet Baby Ray's. And in the oven? You don't have a smoker? Oh yeah, the UK.

Stephanie

Sweet Baby Ray's is indeed available at my local supermarket.

I've a friend who lives locally who is a competitive BBQ'er, he has a full smoker setup,  but they are a rare thing here :-(

•  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 16, 2018, 01:01:27 PM

Chrissy
I had the pork version yesterday, topped with a mushroom sauce (Jägersoße), and German potato pancakes with it.  I had to treat one of my girlfriends for helping me with painting my face (makeup).
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Linde

Quote from: Megan. on December 16, 2018, 01:13:13 PM

The Sauerkraut is very healthy!  It's health value is so great, It wiped out all the bad stuff in the other foods!  Believe me, I did that in a long series of self experimentation!

•  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 16, 2018, 01:20:19 PM
Some good knockwurst (knackwurst) and bockwurst would be good too.

It all sounds yummy.  Do not forget the Brötchen.

Chrissy
You are living it up, young lady!  Aren't you?

•  

sammysummer

Finally found the BBQ thread. I am here to ask the bbq mass what you all would recommend and why, would be the best electric smoker. My friend is looking to buy one, I have tried to get him to buy a smoker like mine, (STUMPS) but he doesnt want to spend that kind of money. He is looking at a cook shack, I think. That is around his budget. I found some reviews online thogh need more real life experience. Thanks in advance.
  •