Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

SRS revision - colon vaginoplasty option

Started by donnalove, October 20, 2016, 11:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donnalove

I had srs about a year ago with surgeon in PA, not going to trash anybody here. it looked fine on the outer part and i did pass with most of guys i dated at the time. But i lost depth rapidly and had scar tissue at the entrance to my vaginal canal. I did dilated on schedule but i was losing depth rapidly. I went to the same surgeon a few months later to reopen things up, i was almost 5.5" deep after my second surgery i was dilating like crazy, ordered all kinds of stents...i would stent myself for the night...it was working well, but i gradually starting loosing depth yet again.. later i was examined by another surgeon, he was shocked to find out that my srs surgeon did not harvest any skin to line my vagina when he opened me up second time . apparently i was just dilating raw chronic wound that was meant to shut down pretty much...

.also i realized that outer part does not pass as well as i thought it does...my vaginal entrance was gaping too much, i lacked the clitorial hood apparently...so i went to Dr Gary Alter for labiaplasty, he did amazing job created hood and injected fat to my labia minora and labia majora, but after surgery i could not dilate for 10 days, i had to let the outer part heal properly and lost pretty much all of the depth..

i was beating myself over the fact that it is all my fault that i did not dilate enough yet again...but i go to the first event and the southern comfort regularly and i meet different girls who did srs with various surgeons (against not going to mention any names) and many complain that they are literally 1 finger deep...

this post in a way is a rant but also a question...there is no recent data on how much of original depth post-op trans females are able to maintain over the years...all surgeons we treat as gods in the community just making claims using their own patients as sample population and we have no ways verifying it...they all take insurance money, make us sign a form with potential complications and blame it on patients if we loose depth...then we rush to other surgeons in the hope they can help, but they trash fellow competitors and just upcharge us for not doing the original srs with them...pretty messed up if you ask me...

there are a few girls who brag about being 5-6" deep, but often times it is just like guys overstating there penis sizes to impress others...

after recent southern comfort, i talked to Marci and Meltzer, they both suggested to do colon vaginoplasty at  this point because i have way too much scar tissue from two previous surgeries...i do not want to do skin graft as it will leave unsightly scar and i believe it will shut down again...they recommend Dr Loren Schechter in Chicago

i also met dr christopher salgado from university of miami, and i really liked his presentation..he also told me that a lot of girls beat themselves up over losing depth due to lack of dilation, but in fact it is not all due to lack of dilation but skin graft option is prone to high risk of losing depth and developing vaginal stenosis...he is also explained that a lot of surgeons cannot offer colon vaginoplasty in their private practice before they need multiple surgeons to be present during the surgery...i really liked him...moreover, i live in florida now and it is much closer than going to Chicago to do it with Dr Schechter...

Salgado also told me that a lot of patients come to him to do colon vaginoplasty as their primary srs...i know there is a horror stories written about colon vaginoplasty on here .,...people complaining about bulging stomach and smell, but all those post seem to come from people who did the surgery a decade ago overseas... now they don't leave a linear scar , they leave leave three small scars...he told me he never heard of bulging stomach and smell goes away in a few months...

this will be my third surgery on my bottom, and i hoping it is my last...i am so scared...i am more scared that before my initial srs...

both salgado and schechter do not have many reviews, salgado has only one negative reviews, schechter has two-three positive reviews but reviews on both written by people who did penile inversion

i do like the fact that salgado is salaried , and i would think has no interest in given false promises to patients...other surgeons seem to be pretty aggressive during the conferences with luring in new patients...

if anybody has any experience with colon vaginoplasty with either Dr Schechter or Dr Salgado, please speak up...or even with other dr in north america...

it is my only option left, i understand it is very invasive surgery that will leave scars on my belly but i am unhappy that i cannot have vaginal sex and i cannot sit around and wait for stem cell research or other new methods to come out

sorry, english is not my first language, i apologize for choppy writing

•  

Dena

I noticed you hadn't been properly greeted so welcome to Susan's Place. I know it's comparing apples and oranges but my surgery was penis inversion and though at first I had a little difficulty maintaining dilation, mostly I did was was required. After about 20 years, life became very busy and I missed about 10 years of dilation. I returned to it a little over a years ago and after a few tight sessions, I am now back to about 5.5 inches of depth which is about where I was after surgery. I had post surgical follow up and I had proud flesh which was treated. Others who had surgery using the the same procedure I had report similar stories but without more detail about you surgery, it's difficult to know what went wrong. 

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

TinaVane

Quote from: donnalove on October 20, 2016, 11:15:18 AM
I had srs about a year ago with surgeon in PA, not going to trash anybody here. it looked fine on the outer part and i did pass with most of guys i dated at the time. But i lost depth rapidly and had scar tissue at the entrance to my vaginal canal. I did dilated on schedule but i was losing depth rapidly. I went to the same surgeon a few months later to reopen things up, i was almost 5.5" deep after my second surgery i was dilating like crazy, ordered all kinds of stents...i would stent myself for the night...it was working well, but i gradually starting loosing depth yet again.. later i was examined by another surgeon, he was shocked to find out that my srs surgeon did not harvest any skin to line my vagina when he opened me up second time . apparently i was just dilating raw chronic wound that was meant to shut down pretty much...

.also i realized that outer part does not pass as well as i thought it does...my vaginal entrance was gaping too much, i lacked the clitorial hood apparently...so i went to Dr Gary Alter for labiaplasty, he did amazing job created hood and injected fat to my labia minora and labia majora, but after surgery i could not dilate for 10 days, i had to let the outer part heal properly and lost pretty much all of the depth..

i was beating myself over the fact that it is all my fault that i did not dilate enough yet again...but i go to the first event and the southern comfort regularly and i meet different girls who did srs with various surgeons (against not going to mention any names) and many complain that they are literally 1 finger deep...

this post in a way is a rant but also a question...there is no recent data on how much of original depth post-op trans females are able to maintain over the years...all surgeons we treat as gods in the community just making claims using their own patients as sample population and we have no ways verifying it...they all take insurance money, make us sign a form with potential complications and blame it on patients if we loose depth...then we rush to other surgeons in the hope they can help, but they trash fellow competitors and just upcharge us for not doing the original srs with them...pretty f...cked up if you ask me...

there are a few girls who brag about being 5-6" deep, but often times it is just like guys overstating there penis sizes to impress others...

after recent southern comfort, i talked to Marci and Meltzer, they both suggested to do colon vaginoplasty at  this point because i have way too much scar tissue from two previous surgeries...i do not want to do skin graft as it will leave unsightly scar and i believe it will shut down again...they recommend Dr Loren Schechter in Chicago

i also met dr christopher salgado from university of miami, and i really liked his presentation..he also told me that a lot of girls beat themselves up over losing depth due to lack of dilation, but in fact it is not all due to lack of dilation but skin graft option is prone to high risk of losing depth and developing vaginal stenosis...he is also explained that a lot of surgeons cannot offer colon vaginoplasty in their private practice before they need multiple surgeons to be present during the surgery...i really liked him...moreover, i live in florida now and it is much closer than going to Chicago to do it with Dr Schechter...

Salgado also told me that a lot of patients come to him to do colon vaginoplasty as their primary srs...i know there is a horror stories written about colon vaginoplasty on here .,...people complaining about bulging stomach and smell, but all those post seem to come from people who did the surgery a decade ago overseas... now they don't leave a linear scar , they leave leave three small scars...he told me he never heard of bulging stomach and smell goes away in a few months...

this will be my third surgery on my bottom, and i hoping it is my last...i am so scared...i am more scared that before my initial srs...

both salgado and schechter do not have many reviews, salgado has only one negative reviews, schechter has two-three positive reviews but reviews on both written by people who did penile inversion

i do like the fact that salgado is salaried , and i would think has no interest in given false promises to patients...other surgeons seem to be pretty aggressive during the conferences with luring in new patients...

if anybody has any experience with colon vaginoplasty with either Dr Schechter or Dr Salgado, please speak up...or even with other dr in north america...

it is my only option left, i understand it is very invasive surgery that will leave scars on my belly but i am unhappy that i cannot have vaginal sex and i cannot sit around and wait for stem cell research or other new methods to come out

sorry, english is not my first language, i apologize for choppy writing
Did not even know it was still docs in the states that did the colon method.
Probably darn near cost a million bucks tho lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C'est Si Bon
  •  

TinaVane

Here is a PDF by the Chicago doctor <Link removed>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C'est Si Bon
  •  

AnonyMs

Since that link got moderated, I'll just mention the title so people can find it

Gender Confirmation Surgery: An Update for the Primary Care Provider
Loren S. Schechter
DOI: 10.1089/trgh.2015.000
  •  

LaLa_girl

Donna - does your insurance cover for this procedure or it will be out of pockets?  I would love to follow up on your stories.. take care
  •  

Donica

Dear Donna! I am so sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with your colonic vaginoplasty. This is very good information for many of us who are planning GCS in the very near future. I was initially planning to go with colonic vaginoplasty because I've heard it has greater benefits in depth than penile inversion.

After reading about the difficulty you are experiencing, I am reconsidering which procedure I want to have done. I may not have a choice anyway as my surgeons may only do penile inversion. I still have much research to do. Please keep us informed about the outcome of your situation. I hope you can get this issue resolved quickly.   

Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •