Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

An Adelaide Girls VFS surgery

Started by LizK, January 23, 2019, 05:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drexy/Drex

Wow Liz you sound like an Aussie Sheila 😊 congratulations!
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

LizK

Best compliment I have been paid in a long time Lol Thanks Drexy my surgeon was really happy with the result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Your welcome brave lady ...thanks for sharing it give me hope ....😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Ayla

Liz
Congratulations on achieving such a great outcome.  Your willingness to share each and every step is brave, inspiring and so very helpful.  I have followed in your footsteps to GCS with Andrew and now I will follow you to Theo.
Safe travels
Aisla
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Aisla on May 05, 2019, 06:14:09 AM
Liz
Congratulations on achieving such a great outcome.  Your willingness to share each and every step is brave, inspiring and so very helpful.  I have followed in your footsteps to GCS with Andrew and now I will follow you to Theo.
Safe travels
Aisla

I hope both surgeries go really in fact I should say all three. With your determination and ability to persevere these traits will hold you in good stead for the journey ahead. You show great courage and strength and I will be there with you in spirit and maybe even physically if I can get there. I wish you all the joy of it [emoji847][emoji847]

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Ayla

Liz
Thank you for your best wishes, for your support and for your friendship.  It is so much easier and less intimidating when an intrepid friend has blazed a path and shared their experience.  :)
Safe travels
Aisla
  •  

Rachel

I think your voice sounds fantastic and it will get even better with time as well.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

LizK

Hi Rachael

Thank you so much it's weird....I just don't hear it. I saw my HRT Dr today and she was exclaiming out great I sound...which is fantastic but to me it just sounds like my voice.

My voice Dr said it would smooth out over the next few months and continue to improve over the next year.

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Drexy/Drex

It's interesting that with Lazer .... I'm assuming there would be no bleeding then
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

LizK

Hi @Drexy  I certainly didn't experience any bleeding and when I  saw the pics there was no evidence of it, as I would imagine the laser cauterises as it goes.

The recovery is different from The Yeason procedure in that you can talk sooner but similar enough to get the results. I was told part of the reason for not being able to speak for so long post surgery, is about trying to lose the muscle memory. I had to overcome my wanting to speak in the same way I always had and it wasn't until I relaxed and let my voice go to where it naturally did that I began to make progress with the way I sounded.

Take care

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Drexy/Drex

I had an interesting experience last night in camp, recently the camp shop has changed to self serve to alleviate the 30 deep queues of workers getting whatever ,
Anyway it was my turn at the machine ....and I messed it up so I was trying to get it working and I heard a voice to the  side of me say ...I think it's crashed...without looking I automatically replied ...no worries thx mate , the to my surprise as I moved away ...I glanced back ...and lo and behold the speaker was a fully transitioned woman ....the point I'm trying to make is that I had answered her as if I had heard a male speak ...and yet she was very feminine...about my height tastefully attired ... I'd never seen her before....and if it was not for a few things only a transitioning male who is attracted to woman can notice , I would never had noticed ....so voice absolutely Paramount from my point of view ..now ..hmm was a little envious but happy for her all the same ....she has had some good work done facially ...
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •