Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Top of your head hair: Did it change in any way with mtf hrt?

Started by ChrissyRyan, January 26, 2019, 08:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Top of your head hair:  Did it change in any way with mtf hrt?

Did any new hair grow?
Did it get curlier, wavier, or straighter?
Did it get thinner or thicker?
Does it at least appear that it grows faster now? (Hair typically grows about a half inch a month)

Are you also using Finasteride or Minoxidil?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Dani

Before HRT the hair on the top of my head was thinning and the front part was receding.  This was typical male pattern baldness for any man of my age, which is in the mid 60's.

After a year of HRT the thinning on top stopped, but never came back. I also had to have hair transplants to cover the front hairline. The remaining hair on the top of my head is reasonably thick, but not quite as thick as the hair on the sides and back of my head. There is no change in texture or curliness. I have not noticed any change in the speed of my hair growth.

Basically, no change. Once you lose it, the hair is gone. The only thing you can do is transplant it to get anything back.

So sorry to be reporting bad news.  :'(
  •  

Linde

I think I still have the same amount of hair I had when I was way younger.  Never had a receding hairline or bald spots.  I think it grows with the same speed it always did, and it is still as straight as hair can be.
The only thing that changed is the color.  It used to be almost black, and now it is like pepper and salt colored.

But I am not a "normal" person anyway!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

judithlynn

Hi Chrissy;

I am an older girl transitioning for the second time. Unfortunately I have MPB, but interestingly since now being on a full transitioning disc of Oestrogen and Progesterone, my hair has begun to grow back, but it is very fine and has lost its depth of coverage.
Overall my hair is much softer. My body hair what little I have left is also very fine and soft and my pubic hair is also silky and downy as a woman. In fact  it is now in a female pattern.
Judith
:-*
Hugs

•  

big kim

I had a small bald patch at the crown and slight receding at the front. Within a year the bald patch filled in and the receding stopped. I had dark brown hair with a lot of grey. Now it's ash blonde though that could be age, 61
  •  

KathyLauren

I am pretty thin on top, thin enough to get a sunburn if I don't wear a hat.  My rate of hair loss slowed down a lot after I started HRT.   It is probably down to a replacement level, so I am not seeing any further thinning.  However, in spite of my best wishful thinking, I don't see any evidence of regrowth.

I doubt if I have enough left to transplant for a new hairline.  On the other hand, I like being able to change hairstyles and colours just by changing wigs.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Chrissy

I am on Finasteride. I lost a fair amount of my hair over the years and could be described as significantly receded but certainly not bald.

The rate of thinning had thankfully slowed before I started HRT last February but it has now stopped. I have not witnessed any hair regrowth. Consequently I maintain the status quo - losing none and gaining none. Like Kathy I enjoy wearing wigs and changing style.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Linde

Quote from: pamelatransuk on January 27, 2019, 08:15:39 AM
Hello again Chrissy

I am on Finasteride. I lost a fair amount of my hair over the years and could be described as significantly receded but certainly not bald.

The rate of thinning had thankfully slowed before I started HRT last February but it has now stopped. I have not witnessed any hair regrowth. Consequently I maintain the status quo - losing none and gaining none. Like Kathy I enjoy wearing wigs and changing style.

Hugs

Pamela
Mother nature must have sensed that I hate wearing wigs!  And consequently, she decided to leave my head fully covered with my natural hair.  I just wish it would be a little less straight!   :(

•  

Nikkimn

I had a fairly significant amount of new growth starting on HRT especially in the receded areas and all over my head there's tons of new growth. I had hair transplants put into the receded parts to feminize the hairline and it's been great between the two I have a very natural woman's hairline. I think it helps a lot starting younger I started at 33. Here's my before and after hair transplants and hormones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

pamelatransuk

Excellent Nikkimn on both counts! Congratulations. I am so happy for you.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Linde

Quote from: Nikkimn on January 29, 2019, 02:01:10 AM
I had a fairly significant amount of new growth starting on HRT especially in the receded areas and all over my head there's tons of new growth. I had hair transplants put into the receded parts to feminize the hairline and it's been great between the two I have a very natural woman's hairline. I think it helps a lot starting younger I started at 33. Here's my before and after hair transplants and hormones.

Are the short hairs all transplanted ones?  Didn't that hurt like crazy?

•  

Nikkimn

Quote from: Dietlind on January 29, 2019, 09:21:03 AM
Are the short hairs all transplanted ones?  Didn't that hurt like crazy?

No they gave me lots of Valium and numbed up my scalp before they did anything it was actually for surgery pretty easy compared to other things I've done.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Nikkimn on January 29, 2019, 09:27:58 PM
No they gave me lots of Valium and numbed up my scalp before they did anything it was actually for surgery pretty easy compared to other things I've done.

I still feel that some of you ladies are heroes to be willing to undergo all that utting stuff to get to the looks you want to be!

•