Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Selecting colors and shades

Started by BlueJaye, January 31, 2019, 08:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueJaye

Can anyone recommend a good video or guide to selecting the right colors and shades for things like foundation and concealer?
  •  

randim

I would highly recommend going to a makeup counter or store and getting human help with that.  The people at someplace like Sephora will likely have worked with trans clients before.  But I do recognize that can sound quite daunting.
  •  

sally0196

BlueJaye,

I have to second Randim's recommendation.  Finding the correct shade of foundation is extremely important, but it is very difficult match without actually putting product on your face.  Going to a makeup consultant at any department store makeup counter will yield the absolute best results and get you matched most effectively.

There is an old trick for finding the correct shade.  Spread a tiny amount of foundation on the inside of your wrist.  When you find a shade that is indistinguishable from your natural skin tone, it should work on your face. 

Hugs,

Sally
  •