Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Vaginoplasty Secrecy

Started by Violet, October 23, 2018, 06:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Violet

Please advise on how to best hide or explain my Vaginoplasty scars to photographers and videographers as a Model. I have been offered a paying gig, but I am afraid that if my trans-sexuality is discovered I will be turned away. One thing for sure is that this will be an Ultimate Passability Test for Me. To fail would be extremely embarrassing.

Are these two scars in my groin similar to scars that a cis-woman would have after vaginoplasty or hysterectomy? Or could I say that I had a Labiaplasty? How can I explain the scars, if I have to?

I am not trying to lie or decieve. I just believe that there is no need to mention my trans-sexuality, unless it is discovered. I am simply trying to live my post-op life as a WOMAN now, instead of as a Transgender/Transsexual. I sincerely need the experiences of being a Woman by leaving my past behind....forever. I am a Woman now! Thanks in advance everyone.

•  

Complete

•  

AnonyMs

•  

Violet

Unfortunately, I shaved it bare a week ago, but maybe it will grow back enough by the time of the shoot. I am amazed that I even got this gig! Hoping it works out. Thanks! ♥
Quote from: AnonyMs on October 24, 2018, 02:47:29 AM
Grow hair over it?
  •  

Melinda@heart

There is a product call Bio-oil. My doctor recommended it for stretch marks, scars and some minor sun damage. She swears by it. It won't help you in the short term, but my doc said with daily use these things can diminish significantly. I picked up a package at Sam's for $28. It has all 3 sizes in it. Amazon sells the large bottle by itself for about $25.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: Violet on October 23, 2018, 06:42:58 PM
Please advise on how to best hide or explain my Vaginoplasty scars to photographers and videographers as a Model. I have been offered a paying gig, but I am afraid that if my trans-sexuality is discovered I will be turned away. One thing for sure is that this will be an Ultimate Passability Test for Me. To fail would be extremely embarrassing.

Are these two scars in my groin similar to scars that a cis-woman would have after vaginoplasty or hysterectomy? Or could I say that I had a Labiaplasty? How can I explain the scars, if I have to?

I am not trying to lie or decieve. I just believe that there is no need to mention my trans-sexuality, unless it is discovered. I am simply trying to live my post-op life as a WOMAN now, instead of as a Transgender/Transsexual. I sincerely need the experiences of being a Woman by leaving my past behind....forever. I am a Woman now! Thanks in advance everyone.

i made my living in the surgical field, somewhat specialized in post op stuff.  I don't know the looks or location of your scars, but have you ever considered scar massage?  Most surgical scars can be reduced to almost invisible white lines with proper scar massage.  The purpose of scar massage is to break the scar tissue down.  It is that tissue that creates the welds and deformation of most scars.  The earlier after surgery you start with scar massage, the better/faster are the results.  But you can reduce any scar with long enough massage sessions.

If you want I can provide you with the details for a proper massage.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Michelle-G

I take it this is a nude shoot?

I got my start as a glamour and fashion photographer and I have shot all sorts of models in various states of undress. If you can acquire even a bit of hair growth at all then you may be OK (especially if your hair is dark), unless the lens is going be up close and right down town. If there's a reasonable distance between you and the camera you should be OK.

I have also modeled, but I don't do nudes. Even so, post-op for me means no more Brazilian wax jobs. You might be interested to know that models having a bit of thatch is coming back in style among photographers these days, so after this you shouldn't have an issue with having some hair growth over the scars.
  •  

Violet

I will try it! Thank You! ♥
Quote from: Melinda@heart on October 24, 2018, 09:55:55 AM
There is a product call Bio-oil. My doctor recommended it for stretch marks, scars and some minor sun damage. She swears by it. It won't help you in the short term, but my doc said with daily use these things can diminish significantly. I picked up a package at Sam's for $28. It has all 3 sizes in it. Amazon sells the large bottle by itself for about $25.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  •  

Violet

Yes! Please provide the details. I have never heard of scar massage and would love to try it! Thank You! ♥
Quote from: Dietlind on October 24, 2018, 10:33:18 AM
i made my living in the surgical field, somewhat specialized in post op stuff.  I don't know the looks or location of your scars, but have you ever considered scar massage?  Most surgical scars can be reduced to almost invisible white lines with proper scar massage.  The purpose of scar massage is to break the scar tissue down.  It is that tissue that creates the welds and deformation of most scars.  The earlier after surgery you start with scar massage, the better/faster are the results.  But you can reduce any scar with long enough massage sessions.

If you want I can provide you with the details for a proper massage.
  •  

Violet

Yes, some nudes. I looked at their other models and some of them are hairy so that is back in style! Thank You! ♥
Quote from: Michelle-G on October 24, 2018, 11:10:17 AM
I take it this is a nude shoot?

I got my start as a glamour and fashion photographer and I have shot all sorts of models in various states of undress. If you can acquire even a bit of hair growth at all then you may be OK (especially if your hair is dark), unless the lens is going be up close and right down town. If there's a reasonable distance between you and the camera you should be OK.

I have also modeled, but I don't do nudes. Even so, post-op for me means no more Brazilian wax jobs. You might be interested to know that models having a bit of thatch is coming back in style among photographers these days, so after this you shouldn't have an issue with having some hair growth over the scars.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Violet on October 24, 2018, 12:34:35 PM
Yes! Please provide the details. I have never heard of scar massage and would love to try it! Thank You! ♥
As i said, I do not exactly know how your scars look, or how old they are.  It might take some time and effort!

You start out with a good skin ream containing vitamin E!  You apply this cream on top of the scar area, overlapping it a little.  Now you use one hand/fingers to support the area that is opposite to the scar and would support the scar as much as possible.  Use the flat of the thumb or the flat of the middle and ring fingers of the other hand to massage the scar in a circular motion, you also can go across the scar and up and down on it to change the direction a little.  You do this for at least 5 minutes, best would be until all the cream has disappeared.  You wan to put as much pressure onto the scar as you can tolerate (stop if it hurts bad)  The goal is to break the scar tissue down.  You do this at least 4 to 5 times every day, and depending on the condition you should see clear improvements of the scars condition after latest a month,

Remember, the goal is to break the scar tissue down.  The scar should feel softer after each week of massage.  You know that you achieved your goal when the scar is s soft as the surrounding tissue.

I have had carpal tunnel surgery on each hand.  The scars are hardly visible and the skin is as soft as the rest of the skin there.  If I would not point the scars out to you, you would not see them!  That is the goal you should go for with your massage (who knows, It may be even fun to do that down there - I have no clue how the feeling is, I have that still in front of me!)

•  

AnonyMs

I don't think there's much evidence that bio-oil works. Silicone gels like Kelo-Cote or sheets seem to be more established.

I'd not use vitamin E. There was a study "The effects of topical vitamin E on the cosmetic appearance of scars", concluding

This study shows that there is no benefit to the cosmetic outcome of scars by applying vitamin E after skin surgery and that the application of topical vitamin E may actually be detrimental to the cosmetic appearance of a scar. In 90% of the cases in this study, topical vitamin E either had no effect on, or actually worsened, the cosmetic appearance of scars. Of the patients studied, 33% developed a contact dermatitis to the vitamin E. Therefore we conclude that use of topical vitamin E on surgical wounds should be discouraged.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10417589
  •  

Linde

The cream is only used as providing a gliding surface for the massage and to help to soften the tissue.  It is not meant to have any effect on the scar itself.  The mechanical action of the massage breaks the scar tissue down.

The study and scar massage are two different vehicles!

•  

Violet

I am sorry for not keeping up with this Post. For whatever reason (probably my voice) the photographer and website client both clocked me. I still got paid though!
  •  

Dany

I'm not saying it doesn't suck but uh...I'll take the scars over my miserable bits anytime. You know? Just keep that in mind.
  •  

Violet

Quote from: Dany on January 23, 2019, 07:08:48 PM
I'm not saying it doesn't suck but uh...I'll take the scars over my miserable bits anytime. You know? Just keep that in mind.
Right ON! ♥
  •