Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Seeing the doctor tommorow (Feb 4th)

Started by luna447, February 03, 2019, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luna447

So I am finally going to see a doctor tomorrow I am so excited and nervous.
I know this probably sounds ridiculous but I dont know if I should arrive as a boy or a girl? I feel like if I arrive as a guy that the doctor may not prescribe me hormones but I feel like if I go as a girl I look ridiculous. I have bad 5 o clock shadow even if I shave and I am bad with make up and I sound like a guy...:/

I was thinking if I do go as a girl I would wear something casual like jeans, flats and a tshirt.
Any suggestions? Thank you!!!!
  •  

GingerVicki

i went to see mine in sneakers, jeans, and a shirt.

i just discussed all the things i've done in the past such as using baby oil to shave my face.
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: luna447 on February 03, 2019, 05:23:43 PM
I know this probably sounds ridiculous but I dont know if I should arrive as a boy or a girl? I feel like if I arrive as a guy that the doctor may not prescribe me hormones but I feel like if I go as a girl I look ridiculous. I have bad 5 o clock shadow even if I shave and I am bad with make up and I sound like a guy...:/

I was thinking if I do go as a girl I would wear something casual like jeans, flats and a tshirt.

jeans, flats and a t-shirt - exactly what I wore to my hrt start if my memory is correct.

Good Luck!!

Sonja
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: luna447 on February 03, 2019, 05:23:43 PM

Quote from: GingerVicki on February 03, 2019, 05:25:37 PM
i went to see mine in sneakers, jeans, and a shirt.

i just discussed all the things i've done in the past
such as using baby oil to shave my face.

Quote from: Sonja on February 03, 2019, 05:29:50 PM
jeans, flats and a t-shirt - exactly what I wore to my hrt start if my memory is correct.

Good Luck!!

Sonja

@luna447
You are definitely on the right track along with the comment and suggestion posted by
our lovely members  @GingerVicki   and  @Sonja ... 

....you might consider wearing androgynous clothing such as Jeans, Flats, and a T-shirt.   If you have longer hair that is good but don't comb it in a typical "boy" style. 

But by all means do not look ridiculous and don't be uncomfortable with your appearance.

I am thinking that you "might think about" wearing female style skinny jeans, female style flats and an appropriate slim or snug fitting female style t-shirt (with a female style neckline and sleeves)

Have you already been seeing a therapist and/or gender therapist???... that would be something that would be good for your doctor to hear from you.

I will be eagerly looking for your followup report after your doctor's appointment.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Wendi

I wore a dress and knee high boots with a wig and makeup including lipstick but that's what I typically wear out.

I honestly don't know if it matters though as by you going shows you are serious.
Started HRT 1/3/2019

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Wendi on February 03, 2019, 08:40:04 PM
I wore a dress and knee high boots with a wig and makeup including lipstick but that's what I typically wear out.

I honestly don't know if it matters though as by you going shows you are serious.

@Wendi

Exactly correct!!!

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

AnneK

Are you going to see a therapist that you're trying to convince?  Or an endocrinologist?  Are you on informed consent?  If so, it shouldn't make any difference what you wear.  In Ontario, where I live, there's no need for a therapist or dressing the part.  You just get a referral to an endocrinologist and get the prescription.  That's what I'll be doing.  I just told my doctor I wanted hormones and was given a referral.  I've booked my appointment in April.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Linde

I went as a guy and told the endo that I am trans and want hormones, and I got them.  But everybody is different, and because of my profession, it might have been easier for me, but I don't really know?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•