Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Transgender friendly stores in Toronto

Started by Karen, March 10, 2018, 12:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

Hi.   Planning a trip to buy nice clothes and shoes.   Can anyone recommend Trangeder friendly stores in Toronto ?

Thank you.  Karen.
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* Sept 2016 - January 2017 real began to seriously question and research gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT
* Feb 4, 2019 began Estrogen
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

From what I have seen and been told all most every store in Toronto is transgender friendly I have not had an issues. Just act like a normal person  and everything will be fine
  •  

AnneK

I've not had any issues.  There was only one store where I got the impression they'd rather I shop elsewhere, but no refusals.  There's a bra shop on Bloor, near Bathurst (across from where Honest Ed's used to be), where they won't even hire someone who's not prepared to fit men.  I've bought some bras there.

http://secretsfromyoursister.com/

http://secretsfromyoursister.com/blog/shopping-with-sfys-transwomen-cisgender-men-and-everyone-else/
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Karen!

I don't know what stores are good in Toronto, but I did want to welcome you to Susan's.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions forum to tell the members about yourself.  Here is some information that we like to share with new members:

Things that you should read

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

sarah1972

I spent some money in the Eaton Center. Steve Madden shoes was one store where I went in full male attire and walked out with heel boots. Not a problem. H&M was another store I went shopping a few times... unfortunately most shops are on the upper end of the price scale, so besides H&M and the boots I usually just end up window shopping....

•  

Karen

Thank you all.   

I appreciate the guideance, and please keep it coming. 

I prefer to buy quality designer items and want to find a few higher end stores that are embracing.  I also have size 12 feet, so it creates a bit of a challenge in the foot department. 

FYI.   On Queen West, there is a great jean store..Body Blue...who was amazing to deal with and has TG staff, making it even more comfortable. 

Thank you
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
  •  

sarah1972

Edit... Ha... never mind. I saw you had the name in your post!

Awesome, on my next trip to Toronto I will stop by there :-) Would you mind sharing the name or at least the cross street? Queen West is quite long I should be back in Toronto before the summer... I usually stay in that area, so it would be a good chance.

Quote from: Karen0366 on March 20, 2018, 01:24:02 PM

FYI.   On Queen West, there is a great jean store..Body Blue...who was amazing to deal with and has TG staff, making it even more comfortable. 

Thank you

•  

Karen

It is at Queen and Claremont, on the north side of Queen West.

Good luck
Karen

•  

Karen

It is amazing what confidence does...

Went into a shoe store to look at Chelsea boots and this amazing young woman came to help.   She was awesome and did not miss a beat helping me with sizes and styles.  She treated my like a human and I bought two pairs.

Yesterday went into a sporting clothes store and went to the women's section wanting two womens jackets.  I told the associate I really liked the women's style and a more fitted waist.   
She did not miss a beat and helped me several styles.   She was so kind, telling me when she "loved the fit and look".  She meant it and it felt so good!

It is amazing what confidence does and how special it feels to deal with people who treat you so well. 

Hugs

Karen
Karen

•  

AnneK

QuoteIt is amazing what confidence does and how special it feels to deal with people who treat you so well.

Absolutely.  Several years ago, when I was into full cross dressing, I'd go to a store on St. Clair, where 3 older women worked.  They couldn't do enough to help me.  There's also Sophie's on Danforth Ave., for lingerie and the bra shop I mentioned above.  One thing I learned a long time ago was to not pretend you're shopping for someone else.  They'll quickly see through that.  Just be honest and you'll get good service.  Don't forget, a lot of those clerks are on commission, so you're another sale for them.  Another thing I've noticed is many of those clerks take a real interest in helping you look good, offering advise etc., so you may wind up getting better service than a CIS woman would.   :)

I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •