News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hormones are killing my sex life.

Started by Chloe2017, February 02, 2019, 08:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: veronicashannon88 on February 08, 2019, 12:49:25 AM

I hope I can avoid this if I just keep "using" the muscle, though I am aware this could change if I get a higher dosage of Spiro. I'm on Aldactone, not sure if that's available over in the US. That was what was prescribed to me by my endo. I had a hard time getting hard and keeping it during my first week on it, so I really make it an effort now not to lose sense of that area since I am used to having a pretty hyper libido, and I'm not affected by bottom dysphoria. So fingers crossed!
I never had any bottom dysphoria either.  But I think once testosterone is hitting he basement floor for a while, everything else goes down south along with it.  I though I had a pretty decent libido, but I need an excavator now to go to search for it!
All that happened to me way before i ever hear about HRT, my body simply decided to stop making testosterone in ay higher amounts, and estrogen was not that high either, and that was the end of any pole and the desire to have one!

I wish you good luck, and hope your transition will proceed the way you hope it would!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

JanePlain

I misplaced the gel i use in an attempt to have normal female levels of testosterone.  So for the last couple of days its just estrogen.  And since I'm post orchie I'm fairly sure my T levels are abnormally low. 
This might be mental not physical but the concept of doing sex was "how to avoid it"  which I've felt before when it was all Testosterone and no estrogen (Using an Aromatase inhibitor)  Anyway.  I realize this study of "one" does not make it science but it matches my conclusion.  And I didn't ever have an interest or desire to be converted to being asexual.  life is short so why give up that part of yourself - is how I look at it.

To switch over to the topic of  how to achieve m2f orgasms (Without being gross / graphic) my female SO has always been quite fond of a specific vibrator.  Personally I think everyone ought to own a Hitachi Magic Wand. *And an extension cord.  Its sold in most drug stores as a massager.  For sore backs and so on.  In our experience it has a 99% success rate.  I would be very curious about its effect on patients who have had grs.  If there is a way to get the wiring going I think this is a good tool.   And while we don't use it for sore backs very much it does work for that as well.  I hope some of you try this and report back so everyone can take advantage of the success or failure of this device.  I hope those that do will take some time and try different things.  The high speed setting is (for us too much) even lower speed can be too strong so a towel between it and you is a good experiiment.   Mainly just give it time.  You don't need to have erections or do penetration for this to work.  And it can work for both of you at the same time which is a plus for those of us who are dyphoric over conventionally using our male bits.

Well I didn't want to be the "perv" here so hopefully you can just agree that having a back massager is of value to have around and if it happens to work for other stress relief?  Why not?

If you want more information https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitachi_Magic_Wand   These can be found at CVS Pharmacym wallmart, amazon, sharper image, target stores and who knows hoq many more.   You don't have to go to a creepy downtown adult toy store unless you want to. 
  •  

PurplePelican

Quote from: veronicashannon88 on February 08, 2019, 12:49:25 AM
I hope I can avoid this if I just keep "using" the muscle, though I am aware this could change if I get a higher dosage of Spiro. I'm on Aldactone, not sure if that's available over in the US. That was what was prescribed to me by my endo. I had a hard time getting hard and keeping it during my first week on it, so I really make it an effort now not to lose sense of that area since I am used to having a pretty hyper libido, and I'm not affected by bottom dysphoria. So fingers crossed!

Spiro is likely to cause similar issues to cypro, given the ridiculously low T levels it causes. And there's the crux of the issue. Both cypro and spiro will wipe your T levels out, to well below even female ranges. And this is where issues with libido and function come from, far too little T.

Zero T should not be the aim of HRT, but it seems far too many prescribing docs are happy for you to go down that road. It took about 3 months to balance out my levels on an E-only regimen, which was quicker than when I first started on an E/cypro regimen.
This is not medical advice. Always consult your doctor.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: PurplePelican on February 08, 2019, 12:40:46 PM
Spiro is likely to cause similar issues to cypro, given the ridiculously low T levels it causes. And there's the crux of the issue. Both cypro and spiro will wipe your T levels out, to well below even female ranges. And this is where issues with libido and function come from, far too little T.

Zero T should not be the aim of HRT, but it seems far too many prescribing docs are happy for you to go down that road. It took about 3 months to balance out my levels on an E-only regimen, which was quicker than when I first started on an E/cypro regimen.

Agreed, there is also a significant portion of trans women here who subscribe to the zero T approach... not sure why.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Because the internet mantra is that T is the devil and must be exorcised at all costs. 

It's not unlike the "you can't possibly pass if you transition after the age of eight" and other internet feedback loops.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

JanePlain

•  

Asakawa

You don't need the t blockers if you do research e alone can greatly reduce t. Just read what happens to body builders when they supply t. It shuts down lh and fsh. With out those The testis don't make t. Plain and simple. You just need about 200 pg/ml + e to mostly shut it down. Don't take t blockers. Every drug has sides More drugs more sides. Keep the sides low. Not needed. Ultimately castration is the best t blocker. As for lack of climax you just barely started e. You will experience a lot of changes. Physical emotional and psychological. You need a lot of time and I am also suggest professional counciling.

Also you will always have some t. Even as after castration. There are weak adrenal androgen and you cant remove your adrenal glands
  •  

veronicashannon88

I will admit the approach of taking just E is fairly new to me. I think it might be a good thing that I'll be checking out another clinic in the next couple weeks...

Re: the wand. I can honestly say that it's just amazing and incredibly versatile.

Quote from: Dietlind on February 08, 2019, 09:42:17 AM
I never had any bottom dysphoria either.  But I think once testosterone is hitting he basement floor for a while, everything else goes down south along with it.  I though I had a pretty decent libido, but I need an excavator now to go to search for it!
All that happened to me way before i ever hear about HRT, my body simply decided to stop making testosterone in ay higher amounts, and estrogen was not that high either, and that was the end of any pole and the desire to have one!

I wish you good luck, and hope your transition will proceed the way you hope it would!

-big hugs- Thank you <3
  •  

PurplePelican

Quote from: Asakawa on February 09, 2019, 04:29:08 AM
Also you will always have some t. Even as after castration. There are weak adrenal androgen and you cant remove your adrenal glands

The adrenal glands release the same androgens as gonads, there is nothing "weak" about them. The difference being, the adrenal glands release a much, much smaller amount.

And no, you can't surgically remove your adrenal glands, but you can render them nonfunctional fairly easily.
  •  

Rachel

Hi,

When I was pre-op my T went to 0 and erections became very difficult. For FFS I was off spiro and E I think for 4 weeks before the operation. I masturbated and it was extremely painful. When I had GCS 2 months later I did not even try to have an erection. The longer I was on HRT and had 0 T the more difficult an erection became and if I had an orgasm it really hurt. There is a woman I know that used a vacuum pump to expand the penis so the erectile tissue did not shrink. Erections for her was with the vacuum pump and there was no pain.

Post Op I was told by Dr. McGinn to shoot for 40 ng/dl. When I had my blood test I was 89 NG/DL and freaked out. I stopped all T for a while. I am taking a dab of T 3 days a week and my T is still 0. I will be moving it to a dab every day. I have a blood test in 1.5 weeks and I will see then what my T is.

With 0 T the magic wand can produce an orgasm. The sensation is wonderful and the orgasm is secondary. I had 3 or so orgasms the first time I used it. It is powerful. I thought about putting a soft object like a sock over it to reduce the intense sensation until I am warmed up. With higher T orgasms are easier to achieve. 0 T is not what I want long term.

In my perspective HRT is awesome. 0 T was needed for a good while for me. I am very happy to be post op and I am getting very comfortable in my skin. Some additional T is something I will be using to try to regulate to 40 ng/dl. I have a very sensitive clitoris and penile nerve and I wonder how the T will impact this.

Everyone has different needs and there is no one right way to be you.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Asakawa

Quote from: PurplePelican on February 09, 2019, 02:50:15 PM
The adrenal glands release the same androgens as gonads, there is nothing "weak" about them. The difference being, the adrenal glands release a much, much smaller amount.

And no, you can't surgically remove your adrenal glands, but you can render them nonfunctional fairly easily.

How do you render them nonfunctional fairly easily?
  •  

PurplePelican

Quote from: Asakawa on February 10, 2019, 08:16:27 PM
How do you render them nonfunctional fairly easily?

Given that I'd expect someone to follow the suggestion, I won't be sharing.

T gets converted to a number of neurosteriods, you need them for proper brain function. Zero T is pointless and medically contraindicated.
  •  

AoifeB

I haven't had much difficulty, tho there was a brief period where my libido shut down early on. One thing I have noticed is that some of the areas that were a sure way to get me going before HRT don't work, but new ones have appeared. Maybe take a bit of time and explore some other areas, see if something works.
  •  

JanePlain

Quote from: Rachel on February 10, 2019, 06:20:05 PM
Hi,

When I was pre-op my T went to 0 and erections became very difficult. For FFS I was off spiro and E I think for 4 weeks before the operation. I masturbated and it was extremely painful. When I had GCS 2 months later I did not even try to have an erection. The longer I was on HRT and had 0 T the more difficult an erection became and if I had an orgasm it really hurt. There is a woman I know that used a vacuum pump to expand the penis so the erectile tissue did not shrink. Erections for her was with the vacuum pump and there was no pain.

Post Op I was told by Dr. McGinn to shoot for 40 ng/dl. When I had my blood test I was 89 NG/DL and freaked out. I stopped all T for a while. I am taking a dab of T 3 days a week and my T is still 0. I will be moving it to a dab every day. I have a blood test in 1.5 weeks and I will see then what my T is.

With 0 T the magic wand can produce an orgasm. The sensation is wonderful and the orgasm is secondary. I had 3 or so orgasms the first time I used it. It is powerful. I thought about putting a soft object like a sock over it to reduce the intense sensation until I am warmed up. With higher T orgasms are easier to achieve. 0 T is not what I want long term.

In my perspective HRT is awesome. 0 T was needed for a good while for me. I am very happy to be post op and I am getting very comfortable in my skin. Some additional T is something I will be using to try to regulate to 40 ng/dl. I have a very sensitive clitoris and penile nerve and I wonder how the T will impact this.

Everyone has different needs and there is no one right way to be you.

Maybe your endo can give you some range to experiment with and see where you feel right?  Having zero feels (to me) not very good.  HRT is like being human.
  •