Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Low dose HRT

Started by terrik2016, February 12, 2019, 01:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

@Ifoundmyself
Oh, and another thing Ifoundmyself...
Please plan to write a post and tell us more about yourself in the Introductions Forum so that other members will be aware of your arrival... therefore you will be able to share your thoughts with more members here.

Thank you again for joining Susan's Place and being involved in the Forums here.
Best wishes to you,
Danielle

NOTE: Now after all of this Greeting Stuff I will let you have your thread back so you can pursue answers to your questions.
Other members here will certainly be along to give you their comments and suggestions that you may be seeking
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

pamelatransuk

Quote from: terrik2016 on February 13, 2019, 01:20:47 PM
Calm and joy are part of what I'm looking for although my motivations are probably different than yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello again Terri

That's how it was and is for me - exploration at first and then peace and joy and safe in the knowledge that I am on "the right fuel". I started as most of us do on low dose HRT and have increased twice since. My libido has always been very low as I have been mainly asexual all my life; now I realize I am asexual with minor lesbian tendencies!

Hugs

Pamela 

•  

pamelatransuk

Quote from: terrik2016 on February 13, 2019, 09:33:02 AM
I find myself in a very similar place to some of you especially those of you in my age group.   If the amount of information avialble and the openness of this topic had been then what it is now when we were younger, i suspect we would all be in a different place now. 

Big hugs to all!

Terri

Oh Yes Absolutely! We most certainly would be! If only I could have started HRT in Feb 1978 instead of Feb 2018!

Hugs

Pamela 

•  

terrik2016

Quote from: pamelatransuk on February 14, 2019, 03:53:44 AM
Oh Yes Absolutely! We most certainly would be! If only I could have started HRT in Feb 1978 instead of Feb 2018!

Hugs

Pamela
Hi Pamela

I was 17 and a half then. I already knew I was different but I didn't really know how and there was so much shame when I explored that part of me . Maybe it's 40 years late but finding yourself has no expiration date ( I hope).  We shall see. :)

Hugs
Terri

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: pamelatransuk on February 14, 2019, 03:53:44 AM

Back in the early 90s, when I first started considering GCS, things were a lot more difficult.  First off, information was a lot harder to come by.  Also, back then, it was necessary to go through the Clarke Institute in Toronto, which was more of an obstacle course, rather than a way to help with transition.  Also, back then, you needed a year of living in the desired role, before you got anything, including hormones.  Of course, surgical technique wasn't what it is now.

These days, it's much easier and I'll be getting hormones on informed consent.  Surgery requires a year on hormones and two evaluations, from any of a variety of professionals.  At no point is living the role required.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

anne_indy

There is an older thread that has a very good discussion of low dose hrt experience here on Susan's

My low dose HRT experience (was 9 month low dose HRT)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=50490&share_tid=130268&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esusans%2Eorg%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D130268&share_type=t

I myself am on a low dose, but am temporarily off due to a cycling accident, subsequent surgery and recovery -

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

terrik2016

Quote from: anne_indy on February 14, 2019, 10:55:33 AM
There is an older thread that has a very good discussion of low dose hrt experience here on Susan's

My low dose HRT experience (was 9 month low dose HRT)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=50490&share_tid=130268&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esusans%2Eorg%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D130268&share_type=t

I myself am on a low dose, but am temporarily off due to a cycling accident, subsequent surgery and recovery -

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so much!  It is very helpful!

Terri
  •