Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

First manicure

Started by Michelledeanna1989, February 04, 2019, 06:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelledeanna1989

I went with a friend and got my first manicure on Saturday
It was fun just felt a little strange afterwards.

I also have eased up on being misgenderd as I know one day I will
Hopefully be more passable. But when strangers mid gender me I correct
Them sometimes but if I'm getting groceries or a stranger does will I'm walking somewhere im
Not letting it get to me I don't think for me at least it's worth the energy to worry about it
Like I was walking home an hour ago and I had it happen I wasn't that passable it's also
The coldest day of the winter -2C so I had an old fleece jacket. From pre Transition. Older lady said you're handsome young fellow I brushed it of and thought of it a a complement instead of an insult. I know and now accept my truth when people know  they become respectful. Like a bouncer  at a pub I think read me as male on Friday he IDed me saw my name anda F on my licence apologized and held the door for me.  My manicure I was with a friend who gets my pronouns right the nail tech or one of them was smerking at me but she wasn't in my face and my tech didn't care. They are also from somewhere outside of Canada. Maybe this just come with time. Have a I don't care what u think attitude is a lot more positive I think
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Michelledeanna1989
I carefully read your posting and I have to tell you that your very positive attitude about how you accept yourself and how you handle occasional mis-gendering.   You are a good example of how to handle your transition journey when others may determine that you are fully passable.

Regarding your manicure encounter when you stated: 
         "It was fun just felt a little strange afterwards."
What did you mean by "feeling strange"???   Good strange?  or Bad Strange?

You did the right thing going with a friend, safety in numbers and perhaps less chance of being insulted or sneered at.   More transitioners should follow your example with how you handle mis-gendering with your positive attitude when you go out and about in your desired gender.

Back when I started transitioning and started getting manicures and pedicures it was such a good feeling and felt so affirming and made me feel like the woman I was meant to be.   For me it was a glorious feeling for sure.

Thank you for your posting... so very encouraging for many transitioners.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: Michelledeanna1989 on February 04, 2019, 06:00:29 PM
I went with a friend and got my first manicure on Saturday
It was fun just felt a little strange afterwards.

I also have eased up on being misgenderd as I know one day I will
Hopefully be more passable. But when strangers mid gender me I correct
Them sometimes but if I'm getting groceries or a stranger does will I'm walking somewhere im
Not letting it get to me I don't think for me at least it's worth the energy to worry about it
Like I was walking home an hour ago and I had it happen I wasn't that passable it's also
The coldest day of the winter -2C so I had an old fleece jacket. From pre Transition. Older lady said you're handsome young fellow I brushed it of and thought of it a a complement instead of an insult. I know and now accept my truth when people know  they become respectful. Like a bouncer  at a pub I think read me as male on Friday he IDed me saw my name anda F on my licence apologized and held the door for me.  My manicure I was with a friend who gets my pronouns right the nail tech or one of them was smerking at me but she wasn't in my face and my tech didn't care. They are also from somewhere outside of Canada. Maybe this just come with time. Have a I don't care what u think attitude is a lot more positive I think

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Michelledeanna1989

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on February 04, 2019, 07:10:07 PM
@Michelledeanna1989
I carefully read your posting and I have to tell you that your very positive attitude about how you accept yourself and how you handle occasional mis-gendering.   You are a good example of how to handle your transition journey when others may determine that you are fully passable.

Regarding your manicure encounter when you stated: 
         "It was fun just felt a little strange afterwards."
What did you mean by "feeling strange"???   Good strange?  or Bad Strange?

You did the right thing going with a friend, safety in numbers and perhaps less chance of being insulted or sneered at.   More transitioners should follow your example with how you handle mis-gendering with your positive attitude when you go out and about in your desired gender.

Back when I started transitioning and started getting manicures and pedicures it was such a good feeling and felt so affirming and made me feel like the woman I was meant to be.   For me it was a glorious feeling for sure.

Thank you for your posting... so very encouraging for many transitioners.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

O I just meant my nails are super smooth it's the same thing I guess are pre transition when say you would get a summer men's hair cut and the first day or two you can't help it rub hands threw your hair. I never really liked short hair but it was life once apon a time
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelledeanna1989 on February 04, 2019, 07:16:26 PM
O I just meant my nails are super smooth it's the same thing I guess are pre transition when say you would get a summer men's hair cut and the first day or two you can't help it rub hands threw your hair. I never really liked short hair but it was life once apon a time

@Michelledeanna1989

Yes, certainly a wonderfully feeling
... smooth and pretty nails...

Question:  Did you get them colored too???

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jessica

Danielle is so correct, your attitude is the best.  I live that way whenever I'm out and about, it lifts a weight off my shoulder, not caring about what others think.  And honestly I think there is a large majority of the population that doesn't care what you do anyway.

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Michelledeanna1989

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on February 04, 2019, 07:26:15 PM
@Michelledeanna1989

Yes, certainly a wonderfully feeling
... smooth and pretty nails...

Question:  Did you get them colored too???

Hugs,
Danielle

Yes a natural pink it looks amazing 😀
  •  

GordonG

Manicures are amazing. I have one every 3 weeks, and I alway leave smiling.  :icon_joy:
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

AnneK

QuoteI went with a friend and got my first manicure on Saturday

Next, go for a pedicure.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Michelledeanna1989

Quote from: AnneK on February 04, 2019, 09:34:50 PM
Next, go for a pedicure.
yep that's my plan probably in like 6 weeks I think. My nails where to short for tips this time and next time I really want tips and yes a pedi for sure. I've done a couple on my own but
I need more practice
  •  

AnneK

Quoteyep that's my plan probably in like 6 weeks I think.

I go for a manicure every week and pedicure every 3 weeks.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

•  

Michelledeanna1989

Likely won't get another one for awhile.
Being I'm working as a janitor while in college
I do wear gloves but my manicure only lasted me a week and
I peeled it off as it was chipping and peeling everywhere on its
Own. My friends normally last her 6 weeks or so. I'm a little
Disappointed to say the least. I was expecting it to last 4 week minimum
It came off with out nail polish remover or anything.   Maybe fake nails are
Better. My mom I remember only got them. I didn't  as my nails are too short
  •  

AnneK

QuoteIt came off with out nail polish remover or anything.

That shouldn't happen.  Likely your nails weren't cleaned properly before the polish was applied.  When I get a manicure, they clean my nails with alcohol, before applying the base coat.  I've only seen my polish peel off like that once in all the years I've been getting manicures.  On the other hand (sorry  ;D), I've often had chips or scratches, etc.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelledeanna1989 on February 10, 2019, 03:02:33 PM
Likely won't get another one for awhile.
Being I'm working as a janitor while in college
I do wear gloves but my manicure only lasted me a week and
I peeled it off as it was chipping and peeling everywhere on its
Own. My friends normally last her 6 weeks or so. I'm a little
Disappointed to say the least. I was expecting it to last 4 week minimum
It came off with out nail polish remover or anything.   Maybe fake nails are
Better. My mom I remember only got them. I didn't  as my nails are too short

@Michelledeanna1989
Dear Michelle:
I am so sorry to hear about your manicure malfunction.   If I were you I would go back the Nail Salon and ask them "nicely" about it.  They just might do a re-do for you.   You might ask your friend that originally went to the Nail Salon with you to go with you.  Offer to buy her a coffee or light lunch would be a good reward for her coming with you.

I hope that this gets solved for you... please keep us updated.
Hugs, and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

Michelledeanna1989

Thanks I didn't that that was normal..

I really want gel or Acrylic next time.
So in early March I'll try that. Once my nails
Get longer.  I remember my mom got acrylic a fair bit
Before she passed away.  That what I had wanted
This time but I have a bad habit I need to stop doing
As far as my nails go.  So mid March I'll get them so long
As I can kick my habit .