Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

non-binary

Started by agaton, February 12, 2019, 03:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agaton

Hi there,
for years on I've been struggling about me. Recently being 26 now, I accepted being transgender; at least I think so.  However, fitting into the binary gender model isn't anything for me. Well it may be a little improve being female, but it would be quite an other costume for me, even if it may fit at least a little better.
As for me I really need a change. There are so many feelings and fears creating such a chaos that I don't even know what to do next.
Therefore I'm strongly for looking for some help, information and exchange with some others feeling similar.
  •  

Megan.

Hi and welcome [emoji3526]. Figuring out our 'comfort zone' on the spectrum takes time, and usually a little experimentation.

To most casual observers I probably rock the MTF binary box quite easily, but even I don't fully identify as 100% female; though it works much better for me than 'male' ever did.

You'll find many here who may have started their journey with one destination in mind, only to find a better one along the way.

You're among friends, take and enjoy opportunities to discover yourself, and that answer will be you and yours only [emoji4].

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Devlyn

Welcome to Susan's Place! I'm nonbinary, and partner to the fabulous Megan!  ;D

I describe myself as part man and part woman, a lovely blend of male and female. I choose to present as female, which is a raw deal for the boy in me on the days he shows up! :laugh:

I know this is a huge promise, but I know that you're going to find yourself and be fine.  :). And you came to the right place to do it! See you around the site!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Tessa James

Hey Agaton,

Welcome to the Place.  Many people struggle with the ideas, words and labels we use to define ourselves.  There are not many role models, friends or family that most of us might know as a non binary transgender person.  Most of us have lived in a cisgender and dominantly binary gendered culture.  It is the world we know and the one some of us never have felt a part of.

You will change, dear friend, and being able to have some sense of direction for the change you go through is empowering.  Perhaps like you, I worked hard to free myself from the straightjacket of male stereotypes.  I was then unwilling to wear the next set of ill fitting female stereotypes.  This could leave us somewhere along a gender spectrum or we can celebrate simply being unique and different than most.

How do you feel about who you are?  What are your deepest feelings or sense of gender, if any?  Most of us have a very difficult time describing our gender without using behavior or gender roles.  Not surprising then that our expression or our appearance may suggest some elements of gender while again being an individual statement.

Wear what you will and rock your life with the truest sense of self you can manage.  The rest are labels for being part of a group or for having a sense of community, fitting in or finding affinity with others.  Where would you like to be?
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

V M

Hi Agaton  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that we offer to all new members to help them along

Things that you should read

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: agaton on February 12, 2019, 03:38:12 AM
Hi there,
for years on I've been struggling about me. Recently being 26 now, I accepted being transgender; at least I think so.  However, fitting into the binary gender model isn't anything for me. Well it may be a little improve being female, but it would be quite an other costume for me, even if it may fit at least a little better.
As for me I really need a change. There are so many feelings and fears creating such a chaos that I don't even know what to do next.
Therefore I'm strongly for looking for some help, information and exchange with some others feeling similar.

@agaton
Dear Agaton:
     I see that you have just become a member here.
     I also that our lovely member  @V M  gave you a warm Welcome to Susan's Place.
    As you post on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.   I expect that you will be getting many members offering their thoughts and suggestions as you continue to post here. 

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation and as you continue to feel free to share with all of us.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

Our lovely member  V M   has attached important and informative LINKS to her welcome message to you that will help you to navigate around the Forums and will allow you to enjoy the features here.     
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

NOTE: Now after all of this Greeting Stuff I will let you have your thread back so you can pursue answers to your questions.
Other members here will certainly be along to give you their comments and suggestions that you may be seeking
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

KimOct

Hi Agaton - I tend to get wordy with my posts but I have only one thought to share.  Living as your authentic self is not about fitting into a box - it is about being YOU.  This is a good place to be part of that process.  Glad you are here.
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

LizK

Quote from: agaton on February 12, 2019, 03:38:12 AM
Hi there,

Hi Agaton

Welcome to Susan's I hope you enjoy your time her. There is a vibrant and robust community of those who identify as non binary who I am sure will be able to help you on your journey.

Feel free to ask away I am sure someone will be able to help with whatever you need

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •