Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Personal Style Counseling

Started by Jessica, February 14, 2019, 10:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Hi friends, while being electrocuted yesterday, my tormentor asked if I'd ever considered a better way to find clothes that look good for my personal self.
She suggested a Personal Style Counselor.
She explained that they do an interview with you, find your personality type(s), life activities, skin tone, body shape and what you are trying to express in certain situations.
They will generate styles, coloring and textures of clothing that compliment you.  When that is complete, they give you a folder with all the suggestions along with a purse size swatch book that you can take when you are out and about looking for that cute outfit, accessory or shoes.

I have a feeling that this would be a great asset to many of us that have trouble finding that perfect look without spending an arm and a leg on missed hits.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

CindyLouFromCO

Quote from: Jessica on February 14, 2019, 10:51:14 AM
Hi friends, while being electrocuted yesterday, my tormentor asked if I'd ever considered a better way to find clothes that look good for my personal self.
She suggested a Personal Style Counselor.
She explained that they do an interview with you, find your personality type(s), life activities, skin tone, body shape and what you are trying to express in certain situations.
They will generate styles, coloring and textures of clothing that compliment you.  When that is complete, they give you a folder with all the suggestions along with a purse size swatch book that you can take when you are out and about looking for that cute outfit, accessory or shoes.

I have a feeling that this would be a great asset to many of us that have trouble finding that perfect look without spending an arm and a leg on missed hits.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

I think that's a great idea.  God knows how much money I spent on clothes and makeup the first few years.  God also knows how much I gave back to the shelters too.

It takes time and reflection to find ones style. 

Now I don't buy anything anymore until I have tried it on along with serverel other garments matched with other pieces.  I've spent an hour many times at a store only to buy one or two items.

If I'm in Denver god help my boyfriend.  It's a all day affair.
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

barbie

Our life itself is an endless process of trial and errors. Choosing a right style is the same. Now I have more than 100 miniskirts.

A few months ago, I realized that a long grey coat my female friend gave me as a gift unexpectedly and surprisingly makes me look stylish. I am sure I would never choose that style in my life time, as I disliked dark colors such black and grey. She, and probably most cis-women, know far better than me in fashion and style.

I learn from trial and errors   :D :D

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Some department stores have this style counseling or concierge service. 

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •