Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

GCS with Dr Wittenberg April 2017, thanks for y'alls help!

Started by SadieBlake, December 28, 2016, 06:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SadieBlake

The first night of monologues performances was last night .. it was an emotionally wonderful and also tiring experience. Afterward I went out with my newest however also now ex - lover. Sometimes the best things in life are brief.

I'm not sure I know what the goddess is trying to tell me now :-)
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: SadieBlake on February 16, 2019, 11:45:48 AM
The first night of monologues performances was last night .. it was an emotionally wonderful and also tiring experience. Afterward I went out with my newest however also now ex - lover. Sometimes the best things in life are brief.

It sounds as if the performances went well for you.  That is great!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Michelle_P

Congratulations on the performance!  The Monlogues is one of the more interesting theatrical performances I've seen.

I see the coming and going of people, friends, and lovers as part of the flow of life, preparing us for what is yet to come.  I hope the Universe rewards you well at some point.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Sydney_NYC

That is awesome! I'm part of a performance of the VM next Saturday (2/23) and looking forward to it. I'm the only trans woman in the performance.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

SadieBlake

Thanks babes! Last performance was yesterday afternoon and It was definitely my best. I've had people every day approach me after the performances and say wonderful things ... being an introvert I find this disconcerting, however there's no doubt it's nice being appreciated!

Sydney that's SO cool! If you have video or audio of the production, I'd be so glad to see it!

I also made a glass vagina as a gift for the production, I'll post photos to this thread when I get a chance.

Here's my summary of the week.

Dress rehearsal and production days, young and very pretty women doing wardrobe and makeup (in between their problem sets, writing papers etc). Boobs, asses on display. How can one not be attracted? and so I work to not cross any lines, it's just bodies and as I'm staff and they're students I am so wary of the need to be respectful.

Such a hectic pace .. it takes a lot out of me and this month was already every bit as challenging for me with work as it is for our students ... my hours aren't as long as theirs but I'm also 40 years older  and research funds and progress depend on continuing to stay on top of stuff.

It's emotionally wrenching, I went into every day to present something a little different (I need to keep it new and do best with stuff that's not heavily rehearsed, that doesn't mean not being mentally prepared).

So many of my friends came to see and support, I didn't want to let them down.

Most of all I realize I was there for our cast and crew. We're raising consciousness with these performances, however the audiences only see a fraction and I see these women as warriors in quite literally changing the world.

Also glad to be finished. I need to get back to a more emotionally stable place.

Sadie
  •  

Shawnna

I'm having GRS with Dr Wittenberg at the end of April 2019. I could really use any insight you might have.  I'm more worried about the recovery than the surgery itself. I have a special needs son and being away from him for weeks is going to cause us both a lot of stress.

I really like Dr Wittenberg and feel she's easy to talk to. I think she's a good choice for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Sydney_NYC

Quote from: SadieBlake on February 18, 2019, 11:48:14 AM

Sydney that's SO cool! If you have video or audio of the production, I'd be so glad to see it!

I also made a glass vagina as a gift for the production, I'll post photos to this thread when I get a chance.

Here's my summary of the week.

Dress rehearsal and production days, young and very pretty women doing wardrobe and makeup (in between their problem sets, writing papers etc). Boobs, asses on display. How can one not be attracted? and so I work to not cross any lines, it's just bodies and as I'm staff and they're students I am so wary of the need to be respectful.

Such a hectic pace .. it takes a lot out of me and this month was already every bit as challenging for me with work as it is for our students ... my hours aren't as long as theirs but I'm also 40 years older  and research funds and progress depend on continuing to stay on top of stuff.

It's emotionally wrenching, I went into every day to present something a little different (I need to keep it new and do best with stuff that's not heavily rehearsed, that doesn't mean not being mentally prepared).

So many of my friends came to see and support, I didn't want to let them down.

Most of all I realize I was there for our cast and crew. We're raising consciousness with these performances, however the audiences only see a fraction and I see these women as warriors in quite literally changing the world.

Also glad to be finished. I need to get back to a more emotionally stable place.

Sadie

This is the first time performing the VM, but my 4th live stage performance (and countless on-camera performances). For this performance, we are wearing feminist T-Shirts and leggings or pants. (I'm probably going to wear leggings). This is the shirt I chose for the show:

I've worked with some of the cast members with other performances and we also sang for a Benefit concert for a local women's shelter for battered women last December and had a great time.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

SadieBlake

Shawnna,

Yes, she's and AMAZING doc, I still think of her every week and of course I included her in my monologue (which was an introduction the to monologue "Beat", about trans experiences of violence.

My experience was that I recovered well, and still it involve more pain and time than I'd hoped.

•