Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Increased body hair growth on hrt mtf

Started by LenaDM, February 22, 2019, 12:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LenaDM

Heya,

So I've been on hrt for a little over a year now and for the most part I can't complain, I do feel in general much better now than before, however, for a few months now I've noticed an increase in body hair to the level where it has surpassed the amount I had before I started hrt and this is stressing me out so so so much and I don't understand it at all.
So I have a few ideas on why this could be the case and I'll write them here but since I really don't know if it's that, I wanted to know if anyone has any clue as to what the hell is going on with me and if it might get better.
I take progynova (for estrogens) per day and androcur (cyproterone) per day. A few months ago maybe when I was at like 8 months or so on hrt I started noticing some hair on my hands and a little bit of hair on my upper legs, I asked my endocrino about it and they said it wasn't related to the medication and to be fair it was kind of a minor issue so I didn't bother too much.
But then 2/3 months ago because I was quite depressed and wasn't eating, my endocrino decided to put me off androcur as it can increase depressive behaviors and they put me on spiro. I don't know if it's normal but I wasn't given time to slowly transition to spiro, androcur was just removed. After a month of spiro I noticed I had even more body hair and even more facial hair than ever before (It was spiro I think) and I started reading how spiro can be so I asked to go back to androcur and it's been two months but apart from the facial hair which has kinda gone back to normal (though still slightly worse than some months ago), I feel like the body hair has actually still increased to levels that make me incredibly dysphoric.
Sorry I know I'm rambling like crazy but I really don't know what's going on and I'm just looking for anyone who could help or explain to me my issues so that would be really really appreciated. Also if this could help your answer i'm 20 years old and underweight so you know how my hormones might have affected me.

<edit by moderator>
  •  

CarlyMcx

If you haven't already, you need to have your testosterone level tested, because barring genetics, it is the amount of T in your body that governs hair growth.

<edit by moderator>
  •  

Jessica

Hi Lena 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan's Place!  I'm Jessica.
Spiro can take a bit to get used to, hydration was the key for me.
One thing that my electrolysist told me is that the spiro I'm taking is helping with my facial hair removal.

I see you're new here, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Pay attention to the site rules they can be of great help and don't forget the link highlighted red.  It has answers to questions that are commonly asked.  Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

If you are one of our younger members, please stop by the Youth Introductions Forum and get acquainted with us all!

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

LenaDM

yes I am aware that T governs my hair growth my genetics don't make me prone for body hair at all given i'm half east Asian and the other side of my family has little hair as well and no for me spiro was not doing the trick at least for the time I took it. So I see that no one has had the experience I'm going through, this is uhhh
  •