Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Voice Feminization

Started by Josie_L, March 19, 2019, 07:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josie_L

Been invited to attend a voice feminization training course, but the thing is.. i don't really want to go!
However my fear is that by not going or attending may hinder my chances of being placed further up the
waiting list for gender reassignment.

Do occasionally still get called 'sir' when contacting a company etc by phone, but that does not tend to bother me
as they cannot see me. May not have a ultra feminie voice, but personally believe i have a reletively soft voice
anyway that has also been confirmed by my co-workers. They laughed when i told them about the course!

Another thing is that have another appoinment with the GIC doctor the day after the course, so traveling return
from my home city to the clinic by train would be quite costly on both days. Trying to find excuses not to attend!

But, those that have attended this type of course.. How did you find it on the whole, was it really that beneficial
and did others like family, friends and/or co-workers etc really notice a significant difference too? x
  •  

Dena

I would suggest that you try to attend. What you will get out of the course is having an expert evaluate your voice and tell you where the flaws are. It's possible it will be easy for you to correct them and you could end up with a far more passible voice. I have heard voices where just a suggestion or two made a major change in the voice changing it from barely passible to unreadable.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

krobinson103

I had two appointments for voice. She told me she couldn't really teach me anything beyond what I'd already done, but, that in itself was a valuable for my self confidence. I'd suggest you do it.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •