Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

An Aussie Girls Life

Started by LizK, March 06, 2019, 04:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

Quote from: LizK on March 15, 2019, 06:39:36 AM
Hiya Faith how you doing?...Good I hope!!

Liz

Not bad today, all things considered. Therapist appointment this afternoon. I think I may need to find something depressing so that I can cry on her couch. It shouldn't be too hard :D

This is your thread though, how are you doing? Properly enjoying the good moments? They have to carry you over the next bump into the next good moment.  You know, if you hit a bump in the road hard enough it'll lift you right up :D

Yeah, I'm feeling cheesy humorous today :P
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

LizK

Quote from: Faith on March 15, 2019, 06:50:34 AM
Not bad today, all things considered. Therapist appointment this afternoon. I think I may need to find something depressing so that I can cry on her couch. It shouldn't be too hard :D

This is your thread though, how are you doing? Properly enjoying the good moments? They have to carry you over the next bump into the next good moment.  You know, if you hit a bump in the road hard enough it'll lift you right up :D

Yeah, I'm feeling cheesy humorous today :P

So if I got this right what I need is just a bit more speed in my life so when I hit the bumps I bounce and take off over to the next one...kinda like skimming across the top of a pond? Sounds like a pretty solid life strategy to me ;D...its just nice to wake almost every day and no longer be thinking about how I will deal with my GD....since surgery last year I have only experienced fleeting GD and that was when my parents were here....as the time goes by even that has faded to the back quickly, so all in all life is pretty sweet and I don't experience the bumps like I did, they are more like ripples....  ;D :icon_dance:

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Faith

•  

LizK

My recovery continues to go well and each day I get a little better and I heal a little more. I am now about 3.5 months post op and my hip has finally given up. I was walking last week but only just managing to cover 3ks and that was with a walking stick...I was able to complete 4 days last week however day 5 was horrendous and I was barely able to move. Each of the other walking days left me basically laid up unable to do much of anything. l have not walked this week but it has enabled me to at least move around the house(all be it with my walking stick) and not be just stuck. However nights are increasing less comfortable and I have not slept through the night for weeks now.

Since my surgery last December and up until late January I had been sleeping better than I have in years managing between 6-8hrs which is a record for me that I had not been able to achieve since before 2000. I am now back to my more regular 3-5 hours per night of broken sleep and there is only one culprit...my hip.

I was due to have a hip replacement last year about August however they decided that I was to have my GCS before they would do the hip replacement as the position required for GCS was going to be detrimental to my new hip. The unfortunate consequence to this was the damage the GCS did to my already fragile hip (I have spoken about waking up after surgery in a "little discomfort" in an earlier post )so that now I am reduced to sitting. I called the hospital today to find out where I was on the surgery schedule as I had heard nothing since getting clearance for the replacement last month and they indicated to me that it was going to be May before it can be done. I impressed upon them that I am a priority 2 and my surgeon wanted it done August last year. The admissions clerk asked me a whole series of questions about my readiness and said she is going to try and get me in "much sooner". So I can only hope it is much much sooner...I will be as big as the side of a house if I can't get moving again soon.

Mentally I am Okay but disappointed about the weight gain after all my hard work getting it off. Looks like I may have to start again.

I have made up my mind about a couple of new activities which I will share with everyone once they are in place...the next couple of weeks should see me starting these new activities providing of course that I can walk which is not guaranteed. Will update again as soon as I have some news.

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jessica

Liz, I'm so sorry to hear about your hip problems.  I know that this type of issue is quite painful.  I hope they will be able to get you into surgery as soon as possible.

Hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Faith

I'm feeling and sharing it with you Liz, please don't overdo and make it worse before you can get your surgery.

and on the lighter side
If you're stuck in bed you have more time to email me?  :D

sorry, had to <<HUGS>>

Your friend
Faith

•  

CynthiaAnn

May your surgery happen sooner, rather than later, hang in there

Hugs

C -
  •  

LizK

Posted Yesterday in the wrong thread so moved to here along with all the responses

Quote from: LizK on April 13, 2019, 09:01:26 PM
By way of a quick update as I have been absent from the board for most of the last week apart from posting in this thread.

My beloved dog Oscar is still with us but unfortunately continuing to deteriorate.  Friday night was particularly bad with me up to him about every 40 minutes or so. One of the things that makes this so difficult is that he has always had a very muted response to pain so assessing whether he is in distress has always been difficult.. However in this case he is in steady decline and I suspect he has not only lost his sight but also his hearing and sense of smell. Both of  seem to have diminished further over the last 72 hrs. He will be going to the vet tomorrow for assessment for his quality of life. I want to ensure that he has a quality of life. I don't mind if he needs care...I am happy to provide that so long as I can make him comfortable and he can have some enjoyment however I have to be realistic as all outwards signs seem to indicate that he is currently just "existing"...it is an awful decision to have to make but part of the responsibility of having pets. Bottom line is that we need to know that he is not in any kind of distress.

My health has improved and my flare up seems to have subsided over the last 24 hrs leaving me feeling tired but essentially okay for the time being. It is simply a matter of monitoring the situation and ensuring I do all the right things.

I will be trying to catch up on everyone's thread and the activities of the board over the last week. Thankyou all for the support and encouragement I have received both privately and on the board.

Liz

Quote from: Drexy/Drex on April 13, 2019, 11:47:23 PM
Wishing the best outcome ...

Quote from: Anne Blake on April 14, 2019, 05:42:16 AM
A tough place to be in with Oscar Liz. Many of us have been there and know the tears and pain that comes with it. You will talk with the vet and you will do right by him......and at some point you will cry a lot, just know that you are not alone in this.

Love you girl, hugs from Deb and me,
Tia

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on April 14, 2019, 08:32:57 AM
Hugs Liz, it's so hard....

Cynthia -

Quote from: KathyLauren on April 14, 2019, 08:47:29 AM
Liz, I am so sorry to hear that your pupper's health is deteriorating.  I know that whatever decisions you make will be in Oscar's best interests.

I know it's hard.  HUGS!!
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

I posted my last update in my old GCS thread sop kind of shows where my brain was and am just tidying up now. I do have an update for my GCS thread which I will do shortly.
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jessica

Hi Liz.......... just stopping in to say hi.

Hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

HI liz,

I too hope the hip surgery will be soon. I am visiting with Michell for a couple weeks. We will video again soon. Take it easy lady and rest until you go get fixed.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

It's over....our beloved dog Oscar finally passed on after a long and somewhat distressing illness. After going for a "quality of life" check with the vets on Wednesday we were advised he only had a short period of time left and that would most likely be very unpleasant for him. It was likely that he would have a massively painful and distressing episode at any time and would be lucky to have any more than a few months at best. These last weeks were unlikely to be pleasant for him. We could see him deteriorate daily and he lost the last of his sight a couple of weeks ago. Since then he had become increasing distressed, confused and for the first time showing signs of pain.

It was with very heavy hearts he went to the vets this morning. Meryl and I are heartbroken at the moment but given some time we will get past this. He is no longer in any distress and now finally at peace.

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: LizK on April 20, 2019, 07:39:35 PM
It's over....our beloved dog Oscar finally passed on after a long and somewhat distressing illness. After going for a "quality of life" check with the vets on Wednesday we were advised he only had a short period of time left and that would most likely be very unpleasant for him. It was likely that he would have a massively painful and distressing episode at any time and would be lucky to have any more than a few months at best. These last weeks were unlikely to be pleasant for him. We could see him deteriorate daily and he lost the last of his sight a couple of weeks ago. Since then he had become increasing distressed, confused and for the first time showing signs of pain.

It was with very heavy hearts he went to the vets this morning. Meryl and I are heartbroken at the moment but given some time we will get past this. He is no longer in any distress and now finally at peace.

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liz,

I am sorry for your loss of Oscar. 

Sincerely,

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Perry

So sorry for your loss Liz. May all your wonderful memories of Oscar comfort you at this time.

Perry
Integrity has no need of rules.  -Albert Camus

•  

JudiBlueEyes

I'm sorry for your loss Liz and Meryl.  I'm sure Oscar knew you did the best for him. 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Sorry to read of the loss of your friend Liz, it is hard to let them go.

Hugs

Cynthia -
  •  

Cindy

So sorry to hear this Liz.
  •  

Jessica

I'm sorry you have lost your furry friend.  Oscar is now free of his distress. 
Now rejoice in his memory.

Hugs 🤗

•  

Laurie

Liz, I am sorry that Oscar is gone. We all have felt the loss of a cherished pet and loyal friend. Nothing I can say would make it any easier on you except maybe for you and the family to take heart in the knowledge that Oscar is no longer lost, in distress or pain. This was a very compassionate and the best thing you and Meryl could do for him.
  My condolences.

Hugs,
     Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Anne Blake

Our condolences to you and Meryl, Liz. I know that letting go of a beloved pet is one of the most difficult things that I have ever had to do....it just plain hurts! Hold each other and help yourselves get over the pain.

Love you girl!,
Tia Anne
  •