Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The joys of post op life!

Started by Dorit, March 06, 2019, 12:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorit

I am 11 weeks post op and would like to share an experience I had today.   My SO and I were invited to join another couple at a hot spring pool nearby.  We had never been there.   The women's changing room had shower stalls, but the benches to sit and change clothes were in the open.   I was naked changing out of my swimsuit and dressing after showering amongst other women.  No one gave me a second look, and more importantly, I felt empowered as a woman!   Obviously I could not have done this before my surgery.    I am very grateful and a bit in awe of my transition.   I have attached a photo, but of course in my swimsuit. ;)

•  

Jennifer M

•  

Linde

Quote from: Dorit on March 06, 2019, 12:08:23 PM
I am 11 weeks post op and would like to share an experience I had today.   My SO and I were invited to join another couple at a hot spring pool nearby.  We had never been there.   The women's changing room had shower stalls, but the benches to sit and change clothes were in the open.   I was naked changing out of my swimsuit and dressing after showering amongst other women.  No one gave me a second look, and more importantly, I felt empowered as a woman!   Obviously I could not have done this before my surgery.    I am very grateful and a bit in awe of my transition.   I have attached a photo, but of course in my swimsuit. ;)

You look like one happy lady, and look good in that suit! 

I still would not have changed there, I just don't like to do stuff like this with others around to look at me.  But that is me, I did not do it as a guy, and I don't think I will do it as a woman.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Katie

I got married last year. That was really a joy. Got me a really good guy and live the normal life of any other girl. Mind you it took lots of blood sweat and tears to get to where I am but it was worth it all. Im happy.
  •  

sarahc

So happy for you! (and a little bit jealous....) :)
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

Dorit

Quote from: Dietlind on March 06, 2019, 01:00:05 PM

I still would not have changed there, I just don't like to do stuff like this with others around to look at me.  But that is me, I did not do it as a guy, and I don't think I will do it as a woman.

I completely understand, I too as a man had problems with the men's room.   With the women I now feel so much more free and confident.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Dorit on March 06, 2019, 12:08:23 PM

@Dorit

Congratulations

I think this is a wonderful milestone and I envy you. It is something I am looking forward to and have set it as a reward for achieving my goal weight. A nice one piece suit and to go to the local pool and go for a swim. I have been so ashamed of my body for so long that I can easily see how affirming this would have been. I can only imagine how it felt to stand their with all the other women as "just another woman" ...its the simple things in life that make it so much richer.....By the way..... you look fabulous in that swimsuit.  :)

Congrats

LizK
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

TonyaW

That's awesome.  Possibly the only thing I miss from male presenting is the ability to take a shower at the gym.  Not that I did or would hang around naked in the locker room, but not having to avoid being accidentally seen would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

sarah1972

First congrats to @Dorit - this is awesome and such a nice step forward. Also good to see that 11 weeks post op you can go swimming... I already will miss half of the pool season this year. The gym locker room is certainly one of the big factors for my surgery decision.

@TonyaW - I know this dilemma just too well. I have only showered twice in almost a year in the female locker room at my gym. I always kept panties on and a held a towel in front of me until I was in the single stall showers. Lucky, the showers do have individual cabins, so it is possible.

I pretty much gave up on the hassle and now shower at home. Depending on where I am with my facial hair removal, I just come dressed for the gym and skip the locker room entirely.
Both issues will be resolved soon and I can finally feel comfortable at the gym.

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: TonyaW on March 07, 2019, 08:51:24 AM
That's awesome.  Possibly the only thing I miss from male presenting is the ability to take a shower at the gym.  Not that I did or would hang around naked in the locker room, but not having to avoid being accidentally seen would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

HappyMoni

If I can get my scars to fade I would feel very free walking around naked in the woman's room. I never did that in the guys room.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Linde

Quote from: HappyMoni on March 07, 2019, 05:32:53 PM
If I can get my scars to fade I would feel very free walking around naked in the woman's room. I never did that in the guys room.
Well, guys would have thought you wanted to come near to their other side  >:-).  This would have been even a larger breach of unwritten code than talking while standing at a urinal!  :police:

I don't think I would walk around naked in any environment with any type of body, I am just not that way!

•  

HappyMoni

Shoot, I remember well, the jocks walking around all proud and snapping people with towels. They knew who they were and were all about showing who they were. Me, I wasn't showing that thing to anyone. Now, maybe just once, I should do a ceremonial naked strut through the changing room. The woman's that is! lol Let me prepare my towel!
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Anne Blake

My gym has private shower stalls but an open common changing room. Since GCS I have had no problem (I actually enjoyed this new freedom) showering and then walking through the changing area wrapped in my towel and dressing in front of the other women. Yes, it is a joy of post op life.

Tia Anne
  •  

noleen111

It is a wonderful feeling...

My joys of post op

- like you being able to shower at the gym and not be noticed.. just another woman.
- being able to wear any outfit or any style of panty and not having to worry about something not looking right..
- being able to have a normal sexual relationship with my man.

Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

Linde

Quote from: noleen111 on March 09, 2019, 02:53:48 AM
It is a wonderful feeling...
- being able to wear any outfit or any style of panty and not having to worry about something not looking right..

I am in this situation already after my orchi, and with a very atrophied penis, which just seems to disappear into nowhere.

•  

Gail20

I'm 19 months post-op and pass very well in pubic. I have a part time job in a local bakery with no issues at all . . .  but I don't think I'd pass so well in a swim suit, especially if I got my hair wet. My hair line and narrow hips would combine to give me away.  Still, years ago I never dreamed I'd ever pull off being stealth without any facial surgery. So while I'd really like to swim (I was on a swim team when I was a kid) and have dreamed about being out in a swimsuit, I'm very happy with how incredibly well its turned out . . .  :)
"friends speak for you when you can't speak for yourself" :)
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Congratulations Dorit, what a wonderful feeling to be just another woman in the changing room. I am almost 3 years post op, but have not had the opportunity to go swimming just yet, soon, that dream will be a reality. I have nice swim dress (modest), I look forward to wearing in public (on a cruise ship).... I enjoyed reading your post dear.

My joys of post op life are simply loving my body today, and having the noise that was in my head quiet. It was so worth it !

Best

Cynthia -
  •