Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Breast size measurement

Started by ChrissyRyan, April 17, 2019, 08:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

I was thinking if you measured your breasts by wrapping a measuring tape around your back and across your nipples, if you did this measuring when your nipples were cold or otherwise protruding, you might get a bigger size than what you really typically are.

Also, sometimes it is hard to get the tape in the back to be exactly at the same level with the tape across your nipples, so having someone do this for you may lead to more consistently precise and appropriately done measurements than you doing the measurements, unless you made sure you did the measurements the right way.  If the tape was not at the same level all the way around your body, and this level difference varies from time to time, it seems like these are bad or possibly inconsistent measurements, which may be causing erroneous conclusions about your breast and cup sizes over time.

This is also true when measuring under your bust.  Keep the tape at the same level all the way around.

So... Take care in getting measuring done the right way all the time, regardless of who does the measuring.  Use a wall mirror, for sure, if you are doing the measuring yourself.  This helps a lot!

If you ever wondered why you concluded by your measuring that you are a B cup versus a C cup at other times, it could be because of inconsistent measuring.  Regardless, you have to try on bras for a good fit I have found.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

sarahc

I have found that my measuring is very consistent, and hence I know that when the measurement goes up or down (losing weight is offsetting breast growth), the change is real.

My problem is that I'm not sure my "consistent" technique is an "accurate" technique, because if I use my measurements, I should be a 36D. There's no way that's possible, because I am just getting to the point of filling a 36B. Could be the fact that I have wide-set breasts at this early point in hormone therapy. Or because my ribcage is actually meaningfully larger where my nipples are than where my underbust is and, therefore, my boobs aren't really big...it's just my ribcage (this is the theory that I think is true).

Sarah
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

Maid Marion

Is  just a rough guide for helping you find a bra that fits.  I'e never seen boob size on a dating profile.
  •  

GingerVicki

Soma has a bra thing that sizes. https://www.soma.com/store/page.jsp?id=102409594

I ordered this and I am going to try it out.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

My breast measurements have been very consistent over the past few years, I have not changed weight, or had any other major changes for some time now (I started HRT in 2011). I can be assured that 38 b bras will be a great starting point when shopping...

Cynthia -
  •  

Linde

Quote from: GingerVicki on April 18, 2019, 08:23:01 AM
Soma has a bra thing that sizes. https://www.soma.com/store/page.jsp?id=102409594

I ordered this and I am going to try it out.
Their standard fit would put me into a 42 C cup!  That is so big that I would not need any grocery bags anymore when shopping!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

F_P_M

I admit, I just went into a department store and had a random staff member measure me lol.
It is a bit... wierd though having a stranger measuring your naked boobs.

though according to the calculator my sports bra gives me an A cup! WHOO! SCORE!
I'm usually a C.
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on April 19, 2019, 01:26:35 PM
Their standard fit would put me into a 42 C cup!  That is so big that I would not need any grocery bags anymore when shopping!

That is a large cup size considering the band. I'm currently wearing a 36C. It's possible I might need to step down one more band size or use the third inside clip on the bra as I continue to lose weight.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on April 19, 2019, 02:16:04 PM
That is a large cup size considering the band. I'm currently wearing a 36C. It's possible I might need to step down one more band size or use the third inside clip on the bra as I continue to lose weight.
I am wearing a 40 B, and that seems to be right.  I am currently trying how it is to wear no bra, but just medical tape over the nipples to keep them from poking through!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•