Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Surging through my veins

Started by MichelleVindee, March 07, 2019, 11:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanePlain

Quote from: AnneK on April 22, 2019, 05:48:31 AM
I suspect the dysphoria has long been there, but there wasn't much that could be done about it until fairly recently.  I also suspect the recent protocol changes that make it easier to get trans care may be a big factor in so many transitioning.  There is also better communications.  When I was a kid, I'd never heard of transgender.  I just thought there was something wrong with me.  Also, back in those days, they'd have likely tried to "cure" me, if I came out, rather then help transition.

With medical records being a private matter its difficult to come up with exact numbers.  What I would say is that in my area we have a major university with a surgeon and a department for transgender folks.  And.... (Taking a deep breath) if you call to set up an initial appointment you can expect 5 or 6 weeks to pass before they call you back to tell you when they can see you.  *Which might me another 5 or 6 weeks.  I believe this indicates they have a large influx of new patients.

•  

AnneK

Medical record privacy does not prevent collecting statistics, so long as no identifying info is provided.

In Ontario, where I live, the protocols were changed 3 years ago, which makes it much easier to get trans care.  I asked the receptionist at the endo about this and she said it was why he was so busy.  He'd been doing trans care for 10 years, when it suddenly took off with the new protocols.  It took me 6 months from when I asked my doctor for a referral, before I was able to see the endo.  I suspect just asking endocrinologists how many trans patients they get may provide some clue as to numbers.

Also, I'd never heard of trans when I was a kid and I suspect few people had.  Now we have the Internet and sites such as Susan's where we can share our experiences with others.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Bea1968

Taking E sublingual when it isn't prescribed that way can jack your levels too high.  Be careful and consult the doc. 

Bea
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: Bea1968 on May 16, 2019, 04:20:15 PM
Taking E sublingual when it isn't prescribed that way can jack your levels too high.  Be careful and consult the doc.

Actually, I did mention it to him and he had no issue with it.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

•  

MichelleVindee

Saw the Endo yesterday; she was interested in the Sublingual option after I mentioned it. Six weeks next Friday on HRT and I have a large number of tests that have to be done, so she has asked me to carry on taking the E sublingually, it will be interesting to see what the results are. We already have a baseline and one set of results from the first set of tests after three weeks on Spiro.

After Steph2.0 mentioned "Estrone and Total Serum Estrogen checked as well as the Estradiol levels". I asked about this in the tests, apparently here in Oz our testing is limited and not quite as specific under Medicare as possibly what is available in America. I am going to investigate and see if this is something that can be paid for privately and most probably feint at the cost  ;D ;D ;D.

Starting to feel really good...Happy days
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

Allie Jayne

Saw my Endo yesterday also! he was happy with my progress and bloods, my already low T is falling, and my E is close to female range, but he thought it a bit odd that I was having morning erections. He has upped my E and is giving me a minuscule dose of Cyproterone to kill any activity down below. I am so happy on Estrodot as It only means putting a small patch on twice a week, and it is doing the job! I have to admit being excited to see breast growth, and I might be imagining, but my arm a leg hair seems finer. If my gut fat would slide down to my thighs I would be a very happy woman!

I'm not on a roller coaster of feeling male or female, in fact, I am way more stable than pre HRT. Maybe its a more stable delivery through the patches? I hope you can even out your ride. I am allowing myself to dream more about going full time. I told my boss this week, and she was very supportive, though I asked her to sit on it until I develop more. I also played with the Face App and chose the closest image for my avatar. That is my real hair, but my face is not that smooth.....yet!

When are your next bloods and endo appointments?

Oh, and I am a hugger, so hugs back to you!

Allie
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: MichelleVindee on May 17, 2019, 12:59:45 AM.After Steph2.0 mentioned "Estrone and Total Serum Estrogen checked as well as the Estradiol levels". I asked about this in the tests, apparently here in Oz our testing is limited and not quite as specific under Medicare as possibly what is available in America. I am going to investigate and see if this is something that can be paid for privately and most probably feint at the cost  ;D ;D ;D.

It might be something you only have to do once, or maybe not at all. The tests are to see if by being processed through the liver, a certain enzyme that 25 to 33% of patients that Dr. Powers sees converts the estradiol to estrone. If you're taking the pills sublingually you're already bypassing the liver, so it's probably not a problem.

It does show how uninformed many doctors are, though, including those writing the recommendations of the WPATH standards. Testing only for estradiol tells only part of the story.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

MichelleVindee

Quote from: Allie Jayne on May 17, 2019, 06:23:55 PM
If my gut fat would slide down to my thighs I would be a very happy woman!

Allie

I hear you sister and the hips! Bloods next Friday, Endo three weeks time.

Saw my second Plastic/Cosmetic surgeon (Australia) today for a consult. Interesting, they come to similar procedures but go about it very differently. Even from the consult.

One surgeon seems happy to do procedures in the next couple of months and the second min six months because of my early start on HRT. Some logic, I understand the principle of allowing my body to develop under the HRT from a point of fat and tissue development. The second surgeon seemed to think that there will be some change in the bone and its shape which I find really interesting. I was under the impression that once matured HRT made no change to bone size (other than its composite/density). He seemed to think otherwise. Second surgeon wanted access to both my Endo and Psychologist! Where the first Endo only. Both got referrals. I do hope there is no gate keeping there? I'm sure he is being thorough.

Allie you look stunning! So soft in your facial expression, you should be feeling really confident in yourself.  Why has it been so long until you posted an avatar!!!!

I'm really jealous; I've lost all my density in the fatty areas of the face which I miss. Bloody Spiro, on a positive note I used to suffer from puffy hands really made them look large and masculine (Osteoarthritis). But the Spiro has taken all the fluid away so they look great very feminine!!

I'm going to be a hand and finger model!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great to catch up... Really big hugs...
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

Allie Jayne

Michelle, I'm also perplexed at the prospect of bone change. Everything I've read says that HRT won't make changes to bone post mid 20's, so I guess all of us would love to hear more about that! You can never do enough research into surgeons, and hopefully you can find testimonials for them both. I also suffer with Osteoarthitis and the related swelling, though usually specific to a joint. I can manage mine with dichlofenac if I get onto it quickly. Thank you for the comments on my avatar pic, I only just tried the Faceapp last night. It is a flattering image, though not too far removed from the original. My endo studied my face in our first meeting and declared I would get pleasing results from HRT, so I just have to wait for it all to happen. I do have another 15 kgs to lose, so that may also affect my face. The grass is always greener, I am trying to change myself more towards your stunning avatar image!

Hugs

Allie
  •  

MichelleVindee

Seven Weeks on HRT and ten on the blocker. Everything seems to have levelled out, have not heard about any results yet from the labs last week so must be ok. I will get the results when I see the Endo next.

Still a bit sore behind the nipples but no changes, very quiet. No changes to hips or face and started to put weight on which is great.

I wonder if the blocker levels out in the body. It's almost like I have become accustomed to it...

One thing I have noticed is that the Dysphoria has completely gone; it's almost a neutral thought sometimes regarding my transition, almost an ordinary everyday feeling.

This could be down to the fact the longer I present as female that the more it becomes natural, where as when I had the Dysphoria I would have completely insane urges to be feminine, dress feminine act feminine, then the low where I did not feel this (peaks and troughs).

Transitioning now presents other challenges quite separate from the Dysphoria of old, sure I get pangs of doubt, and it's not easy what we do but I am sure that things will get smoother as I progress. As we all progress!
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

Allie Jayne

Actually I was just thinking last Wednesday that I hadn't heard from you for a while. So glad everything is evening out for you Michelle! And that your dysphoria has gone! That was the biggie for me as it was impacting my health, and I have to admit, I have never felt better since I started HRT, also 10 weeks ago. I haven't had nipple sensitivity either, but some short lived local soreness in my breasts. My wife noticed an increase in my right breast, and my GP felt it and declared it was breast tissue. Nothing on the left side though. I suppose it's a wait and see game.

I haven't completely lost my dysphoria, but it's short lived, and a million times better than before. When I started this, I had no belief that I would ever live as a female, but in the past couple of weeks, I keep wondering if it could be possible. The HRT fairy would have to bless me big time, but, my endo has upped my E, and suggested it may go up again, and my boss was so excited when I told her, so maybe...

Allie
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: MichelleVindee on May 30, 2019, 10:53:20 PM
Seven Weeks on HRT and ten on the blocker. Everything seems to have levelled out, have not heard about any results yet from the labs last week so must be ok. I will get the results when I see the Endo next.

Still a bit sore behind the nipples but no changes, very quiet. No changes to hips or face and started to put weight on which is great.

I wonder if the blocker levels out in the body. It's almost like I have become accustomed to it...

I have 6 weeks on HRT, but over 2 years on Dutasteride, so no need for other blockers.  I have breast growth and testicle shrinkage, but no pain.  I'm not due for further lab tests until July, which is 3 months after my first endo visit and blood test.

•