Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Speech therapist

Started by MeTony, May 08, 2019, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeTony

I will see a speech therapist tomorrow morning. I wonder what they do.

I also picked up my T today. I was not even nervous at the pharmacy. It was like natural thing. I'll take the first dose tomorrow morning.

But I'm depressed. My husband told me today again that he is straight.

Tony

<dosage in photo removed by moderator>
  •  

F_P_M

Eugh, straight people.

They're bewildering in their rigidity.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with an unsupportive spouse. On the plus side, yay t?

i'm curious about the speech therapist too. Usually you hear about the girls getting them but i've not seen much about guys doing it so you gotta keep us posted yeah? Share some sweet tips.
  •  

Rachel

Congratulations.

I use a packet a small dab at a time. I think it lasts two weeks, maybe more. I can not imagine spreading a packet of it all over and waiting for it to dry.

I know with E in a week I knew I would never go off it.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Good for you Tony starting T, and may it go it well !

As for your spouse, I hope things can work out OK in the end.

Best

C -
  •  

MeTony

Thank you people.

I'll soon know what the therapist does.

My husband asked me yesterday why I was down an moody. As ALWAYS I can't say. I just am quiet and say nothing.

I think I need a therapist to help me talk about feelings.

A speech therapist. * badabom * xD

Tony

•  

MeTony

Surprise! I have a male speaking pattern.

She recorded my voice and we listened to it.

Women have melody in their voice. I don't.

It was interesting.

Tony
  •  

pamelatransuk

Congratulations Tony on starting HRT which I assume you applied today. You'll remember that event forever!

Congratulations also on finding a speech therapist and discovering you have a male voice.

Wishing you happiness and success in all areas of your transition and hoping your husband becomes flexible and accepts you in early course.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

notaprofessionaljustapro

Quote from: MeTony on May 08, 2019, 01:58:07 PM
I will see a speech therapist tomorrow morning. I wonder what they do.

I also picked up my T today. I was not even nervous at the pharmacy. It was like natural thing. I'll take the first dose tomorrow morning.

But I'm depressed. My husband told me today again that he is straight.

Tony

<dosage in photo removed by moderator>

Its got to be hard to have your partner tell you they feel different. That does not mean they do not care about you. It may change your relationship with them, and that has to be a huge change, but they could still be there to support you.

Also, if the speech therapy is for speaking differently to sound different, My voice started changing fast. There is phone app that will assist you in training your voice. Also Micro and Macro communication signals like body language and behavior may make you feel more comfortable.
  •  

Swedishgirl96

At my first appointment with my speech therapist we recorded my voice. Then she analyzed my voice and asked me what I wanted to do about it and how my voice effected my life. Then I got some preliminary breathing exercises.

I hope things work out!
La dolce vita
  •