Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Anxious re: GCS & jaw FFS w/ PAI: (aka deciphering surgical reviews is madness)

Started by JEvelyn, March 24, 2019, 02:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEvelyn

I'm starting to go a little crazy reading and rereading reviews of Dr Sutin & the other PAI team.  I'm currently scheduled for GCS and jaw/chin recontouring in just over a month, and it's becoming super REAL!

Most everyone seems to feel their GCS is solid--and I'm feeling good about this -- though still anxious af :) 

I've now encountered now a couple specific negative experiences and a good bunch of generic "don't do FFS w/ PAI" comments, which, when pressed further yield only 'trust me' responses.  This is not helpful! At least, when my current plans are built around PAI's price point and convenience (doing jaw surgery and GCS at the same time for under 19k).  That said, these are big questions--and the appearance of my face is pretty important to me. I'm a surgical nurse (for back/brain/limb surgeries--I avoid crotch-involved surgeries where possible; makes me anxious!), so I'm well aware that A) complications occur and B) some surgeons are not awesome.  So if I need to hold off, I certainly will.

So my questions are:
1) what SPECIFIC critiques or appreciations do you have for Drs Sutin, Burin, and PAI generally (I understand that Dr Preecha is not really in practice now?)  What have you seen? What have you experienced? 

2) For those complications you've had or heard of, what happened next? Were those complications managed appropriately and safely? Were you taken care of until you were well and recovered? Were the appropriate interventions covered or did you have to fight for that care to be managed/paid for?

3) If anyone who has considered Thai surgeons for FFS (esp jaw contouring surgeries), what made you choose or not choose Thai surgeons, PAI, Dr Sutin, etc? What were your outcomes like? (that you care to share--esp photos; there are not many that I can find)

4) What else do you want me to know that I'm not asking about? I'm open to gut feelings; they're most helpful when connected to the experiences behind them.

Thank you sincerely, all. If I'm being flippant, it's a coping mechanism. Bc this is among the more terrifying things i've done.

I greatly appreciate the thought and caring that y'all put into this forum and into this world. <3

Eva
  •  

LizK

Hi  JEvelyn

Welcome to Susan's, Hope you enjoy your time here  :icon_wave-nerd:

Sorry I can't help you with  Drs Sutin, Burin, and PAI as I had my surgery in Australia I do understand how anxiety inducing it can all be. I hope you get the answers you are after.

There are lots of great people with valuable experiences and only too happy to share them with you.

Take care  ;D

LizK
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

V M

Hi Eva  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

How about stopping by our Introductions Forum and introducing yourself so more folks can get to know you a bit better  ;)

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that we offer to all new members to help them along

Things that you should read

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

JEvelyn

Still curious whether anyone with first or second-hand (really any specific) feedback would care to address some of these questions. It's hard to not feel lost with a number of what feel like excessively positive or negative reviews. (Please don't take this as a critique; just most of the posts I've seen about PAI didn't include the info I'm looking for.)

Thank you to all working to share information and experience.

Eva
  •  

Dena

I don't have any personal experience but PAI is a relatively new surgeon around here so not many people have used them. The results that have come back suggest that their work is pretty good but I only know that second hand. There aren't many detailed posts about them but I know Susan and Warlockmaker went there. Warlockmaker posted a thread about her experiences which you will find here.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •