Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Becca's FFS with Zukowski 2018

Started by Becca Kay, September 16, 2018, 10:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becca Kay

Hi everyone!  I'm 5 months post op this past week.  Still some swelling and numbness under my chin/jaw.  But otherwise doing nicely.  Here's a selfie from yesterday.  I moved into a new apartment.  Hence all the boxes in the backround.

•  

Breeze 57

This sounds backwards but, I'm glad to hear you still have some lower jaw swelling and numbness.  Not that I want you to have it.  I'm about 3 1/2 months post-op and I too still have lower jaw swelling and numbness.  I thought maybe it was just me and that my progress was extra slow, but your post relieved some stress.  I still can't open my mouth as wide as I would like, a big smile still looks kind of goofy, left ear is numb, and I can't move my forehead but, overall, I feel good and I'm pleased with the results.   I don't know if people are being kind or what, but I get gendered correctly almost 100% of the time.  I do wear a head scarf (to hide the scalp advancement scar and my male pattern baldness) but, otherwise I just go out wearing my old boy clothes and no makeup.  Still don't have a lot of confidence.

Anyway, it was good to hear from you.
  •  

Breeze 57

Oh, and my avatar picture is pre-op.
  •  

scrambledeggs

Quote from: Breeze 57 on March 01, 2019, 03:09:07 PM
This sounds backwards but, I'm glad to hear you still have some lower jaw swelling and numbness.  Not that I want you to have it.  I'm about 3 1/2 months post-op and I too still have lower jaw swelling and numbness.  I thought maybe it was just me and that my progress was extra slow, but your post relieved some stress.  I still can't open my mouth as wide as I would like, a big smile still looks kind of goofy, left ear is numb, and I can't move my forehead but, overall, I feel good and I'm pleased with the results.   I don't know if people are being kind or what, but I get gendered correctly almost 100% of the time.  I do wear a head scarf (to hide the scalp advancement scar and my male pattern baldness) but, otherwise I just go out wearing my old boy clothes and no makeup.  Still don't have a lot of confidence.

Anyway, it was good to hear from you.

It's great to see some new updates here from both Becca and Paige!

Becca, you look amazing!

I'm glad to hear you're both happy with your recoveries!

As a prospective patient who is planning to have FFS late this year I have to admit that the swelling and numbness persisting 3 to 5 months out is very concerning to me.

Becca, last time you posted you were still having some difficulty moving your lower lip. Is that still a problem?Does it seem to be getting better if it is?

•  

Donica

You look great Becca. It's good to hear from you again. How do you like your new apartment?

Hugs.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

malinda

Hi becca you look great...I'm 12 days post op and still have the chin/jaw bandage stuck on. Would you say the chin gets smaller as time goes on or does it look bigger than right after surgery when the soft tissues on it settle down?
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: malinda on March 01, 2019, 04:37:03 PM

Hi becca you look great...I'm 12 days post op and still have the chin/jaw bandage stuck on. Would you say the chin gets smaller as time goes on or does it look bigger than right after surgery when the soft tissues on it settle down?

My chin looked very different immediately after my bandages were off on Day 3.  but I had swelling all along my jaw line for many weeks.  So don't worry if it feels or looks odd right not.  It takes a long time for the tissue to calm down. 
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: scrambledeggs on March 01, 2019, 03:29:26 PM
It's great to see some new updates here from both Becca and Paige!

Becca, you look amazing!

I'm glad to hear you're both happy with your recoveries!

As a prospective patient who is planning to have FFS late this year I have to admit that the swelling and numbness persisting 3 to 5 months out is very concerning to me.

Becca, last time you posted you were still having some difficulty moving your lower lip. Is that still a problem?Does it seem to be getting better if it is?

Numbness is slowly going away.  It originally was all of my chin.  now I'd say I have full sensation across the front of my chin and all along my jaw line.  It's only about 70% numb under the front of my jaw/chin. 

I had jaw/chin contouring, massetter reduction, trachea shave and a neck lift which involved soft tissue work under my chin.  That much work doesn't just heal right away. 

Also, inflammation literally travels down your face as you recover.  below your chin is the last place where inflammation settles.  Two months ago I had a weird period where it looked like My jowls were puffing up.  It really freaked my out.  But it subsided.  Now the last of it is lingering under my jaw line. 

Be patient!
  •  

Becca Kay

here's a pic from now and one from just before I started to transition

•  

anne_indy

Your transformation (exposure of the lovely woman inside) is amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

malinda

I was told by 6 months most if not all the swelling should be gone even though can take up to 12 months but 6 months usually is the end result pretty much so I think anyway. Becca I'm surprised your bandage was off by day 3. Mine is still like glued on stuck.
So far I love my forehead but I had only minor bossing to begin with. I think my browlift will lower and relax a little bit in a few weeks but I like my eyes better now. My chin looks more feminine than before but I hope in a few months it dont look bigger when the soft tissue on it settles...my only fear at the moment. Never want to go through ffs like this ever again was a brutal recovery between day 3 and day 11
  •  

Becca Kay

Quote from: malinda on March 02, 2019, 10:25:35 AM
I was told by 6 months most if not all the swelling should be gone even though can take up to 12 months but 6 months usually is the end result pretty much so I think anyway. Becca I'm surprised your bandage was off by day 3. Mine is still like glued on stuck.
So far I love my forehead but I had only minor bossing to begin with. I think my browlift will lower and relax a little bit in a few weeks but I like my eyes better now. My chin looks more feminine than before but I hope in a few months it dont look bigger when the soft tissue on it settles...my only fear at the moment. Never want to go through ffs like this ever again was a brutal recovery between day 3 and day 11

I went back to my pics from post op to check.  i had a splint on my chin and my nose until day 7. 
  •  

Becca Kay

quick check in.  i'm doing really well.  Still a little swelling under my chin.  But super happy.

•  

cheria

Thank you for sharing all this, Becca!  Strongly considering Dr. Z myself and so have really appreciated reading your experience and seeing your pictures!  :)
  •  

Another Nikki

Becca, you look great, amazing results!
"What you know, you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire lifeā€”that there is something wrong. You don't know what it is, but it's there like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me."
  •  

Michelle_P

You're about a month behind me, and it looks like you are doing great!  I still have numb patches as well, but the swelling in the tip of the nose is finally going down!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Colleen_definitely

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Em21

Becca,
Looking great! I'm impressed with Dr Zukowski's work. You've helped remove some of my concerns and fears. I'm hoping to have work done by him by the end of this year. Thank you for posting your experience! It's been a great help.

EM21
  •  

Donica

Looking great Becca. I'll be getting FFS in two months. Yay! Counting the days.

Hugs!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

josie76

04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•