Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Last couple of days as the inaccurate version of myself...

Started by Sarah.VanDistel, March 17, 2019, 05:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

Sarah, that was beautifully written.  Now go, and be Sarah!

"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself." – Rumi

Be well,
Michelle_P
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Sarah.VanDistel

Hi girls!

First of all, thank you to all of you who wished me good luck and to whom I did not personally answered! You are fantastic!

Second: it's done! And it went pretty much how I rehearsed it! Both the vaginoplasty (peritoneal pull-through technique) and the BA went very well. Today, after 5 days, my surgeon removed the prosthesis from the neovagina and now I must dilate 4 times a day ×1 hour and also the full night. Bladder catheter will be removed tomorrow. The manipulation of the neovagina was not painful at all, but very sensitive; certainly not unpleasant. [emoji39] I am also very pleased with my breasts, although they are still swollen; they only hurt a little bit when I use my arms. Thus, so far, a very positive experience!

I'll keep you posted!

Warm hugs, Sarah

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

•  

Faith

I am so glad to hear that things went how you wanted it to. And happy for you that you're happy. I'll always elated to hear someone move forward in pursuit of self.

I couldn't read your first post though, I trigger on emotionally charged posts about 'change' :(
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

JanePlain

Your first post in this thread was beautiful and so are you.  You have the heart of a poet.  I wanted to wish you luck but since I'm late I'll say congratulations!  For what its worth catheters are much less awful then they seem.  At least if you've had to deal with them enough.

We share the same problem with narcotics.  I found that pepto bismol helps.  The part about narcotics that I've never found a solution to was itching everywhere!  I will just add that if you stay ahead of pain (With Narcotics) is better then being in pain and putting them off. 
  •  

Ayla

Sarah
I am so happy for you.  Hoping that the rest of your recovery is just as smooth and just as uneventful.
Safe travels
Aisla
  •  

TonyaW

Congratulations and happy that all is going well for you.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

KathyLauren

Congratulations, Sarah!  I hope your recovery is quick and uneventful.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Maid Marion

Hi Sarah,

Congratulations!  Wishing you a quick recovery!

Marion
  •  

Sonja

Hi Sarah,

Really pleased your op went well for you and you are back safe to us all, I hope your recovery continues to go well.

Take care,

Sonja.
  •  

Michelle_P

Sarah, I hope the healing and... um... self-care drill... are continuing to go well. 

I still recall how easily I got tired at this point.  After two months, I felt much better.  After a year and a half, woohoo!  ;)
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

Sorry Sarah I'm late to the party. Congratulations and I hope all is going well with you.

Hugs,

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Quote from: Sarah.VanDistel on March 25, 2019, 07:21:33 AM
Hi girls!

First of all, thank you to all of you who wished me good luck and to whom I did not personally answered! You are fantastic!

Second: it's done! And it went pretty much how I rehearsed it! Both the vaginoplasty (peritoneal pull-through technique) and the BA went very well. Today, after 5 days, my surgeon removed the prosthesis from the neovagina and now I must dilate 4 times a day ×1 hour and also the full night. Bladder catheter will be removed tomorrow. The manipulation of the neovagina was not painful at all, but very sensitive; certainly not unpleasant. [emoji39] I am also very pleased with my breasts, although they are still swollen; they only hurt a little bit when I use my arms. Thus, so far, a very positive experience!

I'll keep you posted!

Warm hugs, Sarah

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I missed this and wanted to say Congratulation and glad to hear it all went well....you won't know yourself with alol your knew bits and pieces  :D
Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •